Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [Sunshine & Lollipops]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Was taking the piss blind firing rockets on the Resort map on top of the hotel.
    As I leave the roof I was awarded 450 points for downing an attack chopper that was on a killing spree.

I laughed so hard while riding the elevator down that I didn't see the C4 that was waiting for me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Playing conquest on flood zone, driving an iFV, shot down an attack helicopter that was mowing down our team on the roofs, riddled with 25mm shells, coax and 2 stingers from the ground, it tipped over and landed on the edge of the building, hanging down matrix style. Two guys parachuted out into a rhib boat and took off.

Tow missile in the arse.

Paracel storm, took out a patrol boat from the shore with the ifv again, tow missile and 25mm cannon, got 4 kills from the crew who bailed out.

Rogue transmission, killed engineer with one shot from sniper rifle from the top of the crane. Aiming above his head, he was only showing the top of his helmet behind cover on the opposite side of the map.

I love this game, but it wouldn't let me into any games last night on xbone

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Backraging on Locker with the DBV-12 (starting to like it more than the M1014 for this). We held C, so I C4'd the tower, used that to get down and wipe the remains of the first squad (three people in total) who were spamming the lower entry point to C, ran out and up the stairs, followed a blind opponent round the corner to the upper door to C, wiped two more squads (four more kills. why do people squad into squads of two like that? Its silly!) using the DBV and G18, then back down the stairs and wiped a last squad (another four kills!) using RGOs, the DBV and was knifing the last chap when someone lobbed two V40s at my toes. But a good run nonetheless. And I got the tags from the last chap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Completely forgot to post this ages ago.

Playing on rogue transmission, sneaked around the tower at A, 4 snipers and engineers standing in a line trying to take out a tank and some infantry.
    First guy - tags
    Second guy - tags
    Third guy - tags
    3 and 4 must have been friends because as soon as I took number 3's tags the fourth guy spun around and tried to knife me.. So I countered and knifed him instead.

Fun times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have even less respect to rooftop snipers now. No no, not because of the rooftop thing...

Me ( recon ), buddy number 1 ( Engineer with Javelin ), buddy number 2 ( support ). We were playing on the map with huge Dam, so We got on the rooftop of the highest building.
    No, I was not just sniping off, thats too boring. What I did was using that Soflan and locking up all tanks and BTRs and my buddy was Javeling them to heaven! We spent most of the game time on that map just ****ing with Javelins and annoying the **** out of all vehicle drivers. I even got kicked out at one point. I came back and we continued. At one stage we had every single vehicle at us and even jets suicide killing me lol.

So why less respect? I played BF4 for over 50h and I havent seen any sniper using soflan at all... Not even fecking one!!!

I only started playing recon now. I only got 2 snipers unlocked as its my least favourite class. Now its one of the most fun classes and not, because of sniping from rooftops, I just loved Marking all the poor tanks which just Panic and go BOOM! :D Point rewards are great too, so there is no excuse to use it!

• Advertisement

Why soflam when you can PLD?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have even less respect to rooftop snipers now. No no, not because of the rooftop thing...

Me ( recon ), buddy number 1 ( Engineer with Javelin ), buddy number 2 ( support ). We were playing on the map with huge Dam, so We got on the rooftop of the highest building.
    No, I was not just sniping off, thats too boring. What I did was using that Soflan and locking up all tanks and BTRs and my buddy was Javeling them to heaven! We spent most of the game time on that map just ****ing with Javelins and annoying the **** out of all vehicle drivers. I even got kicked out at one point. I came back and we continued. At one stage we had every single vehicle at us and even jets suicide killing me lol.

So why less respect? I played BF4 for over 50h and I havent seen any sniper using soflan at all... Not even fecking one!!!

I only started playing recon now. I only got 2 snipers unlocked as its my least favourite class. Now its one of the most fun classes and not, because of sniping from rooftops, I just loved Marking all the poor tanks which just Panic and go BOOM! :D Point rewards are great too, so there is no excuse to use it!

No gain for the Sraw/ Guided tank shot.

I (much to the annoyance of yitsack) only ever used guided shell in tanks(bf3 secondary) as I had faith in at least 1 Bf3 sniper throwing out a Soflam.

Bf4 doesnt make that worthwhile because the shell/Sraw will not kill the tank/jet/chopper.

May as well just use the Sabot or RPG its possibly more effective. Its a game change rather than player choice. And i loved guided shell :D

Actually that Should be PLD not Soflan. I though that was the Soflan version in BF4. Though it does same thing 100%.

It is very very useful. Like I said just 3 of us managed to piss off majority of all enemy vehicle drivers on server. Imagine if you got at least 1-2 proper Recon, who actually doing their proper Job with PLD and at least 4 Javelin Engineers. It would wreck enemies Vehicles like hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

I play run & gun sniper with spawn beacon and PLD , I lock up the targets and no one fires at them , I announce through voice comms and in team say that i am locking up targets , still no one locks on . It's fine if you are on TS with mates but in gen pop servers they are a waste of time .

Actually that Should be PLD not Soflan. I though that was the Soflan version in BF4. Though it does same thing 100%.

It is very very useful. Like I said just 3 of us managed to piss off majority of all enemy vehicle drivers on server. Imagine if you got at least 1-2 proper Recon, who actually doing their proper Job with PLD and at least 4 Javelin Engineers. It would wreck enemies Vehicles like hell.

Sadly still no gain, imo its a design change. The PLD requires effort on the recons part that the payload from the engineer doesnt deliver.

SRAW is 40 damage compared to RPG 25? not sure here.

But the game design change is that there is no point spotting or lazing targets as the pay off isnt enough for the engineer.

In a squad what you said could be achievable but that is a game design change and tbh I aint packing javelin or guided shell in BF4. Because the game wants it done differently or doesnt reward it as well as it should.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sadly still no gain, imo its a design change. The PLD requires effort on the recons part that the payload from the engineer doesnt deliver.

SRAW is 40 damage compared to RPG 25? not sure here.

But the game design change is that there is no point spotting or lazing targets as the pay off isnt enough for the engineer.

In a squad what you said could be achievable but that is a game design change and tbh I aint packing javelin or guided shell in BF4. Because the game wants it done differently or doesnt reward it as well as it should.

I had a ton **** of fun looking from 5 million miles away at poor confused tank and BTRs, before they blew up in pieces. That was enough of reward for me.

I just forgot that even battlefield people are materialistic xp whores. When they did 20xp reward for res, barely anyone even have defibrillators equipped...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,798 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

When they did 20xp reward for res, barely anyone even have defibrillators equipped...

If you charge the paddles you restore more health and get more xp ressing people.

If you charge the paddles you restore more health and get more xp ressing people.

Not the point I am making. After 50h of playing I was ressed 90% only by my buddies on Vent. In all this time I was barely ever ressed by randomers. When we compare it to BF3 - its shocking.

Not the point I am making. After 50h of playing I was ressed 90% only by my buddies on Vent. In all this time I was barely ever ressed by randomers. When we compare it to BF3 - its shocking.

But once people figure out how to use the paddles and that they are not 20xp for a revive you'll start to see more.

BF3 got a bit silly you would have half the team running around with their paddles out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

But once people figure out how to use the paddles and that they are not 20xp for a revive you'll start to see more.

BF3 got a bit silly you would have half the team running around with their paddles out.

I think the time a player is dead and capable of being ressed is too short still. You need to be directly beside a player when he dies if you want to ress him to 100% health basically.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I think the time a player is dead and capable of being ressed is too short still. You need to be directly beside a player when he dies if you want to ress him to 100% health basically.

Never had an issue with the time as long as they wait for the revive I'll get them up to at least 80. Or just revive them 50% and drop a med pack on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sparks wrote: »
    Why soflam when you can PLD?

150 meters extra range, doesn't lose its lock with ECM jammers , flares etc. On top of a roof in a map like flood zone, the helicopters can't even leave spawn.

It's actually really good, its just that no engineer uses weapons that can use the lock on.

150 meters extra range, doesn't lose its lock with ECM jammers , flares etc. On top of a roof in a map like flood zone, the helicopters can't even leave spawn.
    Versus easily seen, easily destroyed, and now can't be used till you respawn, can't be easily relocated unless you stay near it (which is a bad idea when it's announcing its presence to everyone on the map by shining a big bright red laser at them). Honestly, I just don't see the advantage when you can have a PLD and be sneaky about it and relocate after every vehicle.
    no engineer uses weapons that can use the lock on.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Just got my SSD so ye're all fooked now :D:D

I had a ton **** of fun looking from 5 million miles away at poor confused tank and BTRs, before they blew up in pieces. That was enough of reward for me.

I just forgot that even battlefield people are materialistic xp whores. When they did 20xp reward for res, barely anyone even have defibrillators equipped...

Its not Xp Whoring its logical, C4 will kill a tank in one go so better of using that.

Support class has infinite C4 :D

• Advertisement

Its not Xp Whoring its logical, C4 will kill a tank in one go so better of using that.

Support class has infinite C4 :D

Well, I tihnk it is a bit hard to place C4 form 5km! :pac:

Well, I tihnk it is a bit hard to place C4 form 5km! :pac:

Challenge accepted :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Challenge accepted :D

Looks like it was:

Spear wrote: »
    Looks like it was:

hahahah thats quality :D

Flying the SUAV around Zavod at 10-20' AGL, and then through an open boxcar getting a few roadkills on the way. What it must have looked like to his squadmates... :D

And when the scout finally panics enough at the constant laser lock and me swatting at it to waste two heatseaking AA missiles on the paper airplane chasing it - classic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

It's actually really good, its just that no engineer uses weapons that can use the lock on.

Didnt know this so thanks.

Also I see XFactor capped a flag with Soflam, it can do that too :)

Noscope panic-SRAW'd a scout on Celts that was so busy trying to shoot me, he bounced off the ground and into the SRAW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

1. Playing ****.
    2. Find a squad with a good pilot / tank driver..
    3. Repair all the things until he started to love you.
    4. ????
    5. Profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

God this game is good when played properly. In a squad a while ago with everyone playing together, reviving, dropping ammo, giving orders, PTFOing and so on. Complete domination.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/416581409786268288/366500914/
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/416585814166178432/366500914/
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/416566028338170496/366500914/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Sorry for the complete newbie question but what's the difference between players that have their names in green and those in blue?

Advertisement