Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [Sunshine & Lollipops]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I tried that one Blazer, and when compared to the P226 or MP443 without unlocks, it's a beast, I think it might be my favorite pistol so far when you just look at the base gun without modifiers but the thing is... the actual use case is generally of the OHCRAPOHCRAPOHCRAPIMGOINGTODIERUNAWAYRUNAWAY extreme-short-range variety and at that point, it being accurate is in second place to high damage, high rate of fire, lots of ammo and it being heavy so it'll hurt when I throw it at the other guy after I run out of rounds :D

So the P226 or MP443 with muzzle break and ghost ring wins out.

I might go back and level it up later on anyway, just to see if I can calm down a bit when using the thing as a way to improve my gameplay, but for real games, I'm thinking either of those other two, or the 93R. I keep seeing good things said about the 93R, but I've only used it for a few minutes (thanks to a reload getting misinterpreted as a pick-up-that-dead-dude's-kit command) and that was with a running order I wouldn't have chosen (mini-red dot sight, green laser and suppressor, which makes no sense to me at all). Those few minutes though, have me thinking the reviews I've seen are not full of poop, it's a nice gun to use in the circumstances where you'd be using a pistol in BF4.

edit: I will say though, that it's surprising how few of the pistols are worth the effort to unlock. The M9 for example, is inferior to the P226 in every way both on paper and in the game, at least for my play style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Is defuse a new game mode in BF?

I only play S&D in CODs so finding it has made my day, finally an alternative and so far loving it.. first game 8-1... that's good for my BF standards!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sparks wrote: »

edit: I will say though, that it's surprising how few of the pistols are worth the effort to unlock. The M9 for example, is inferior to the P226 in every way both on paper and in the game, at least for my play style.

and in real life...the Sig (.40) is the pistol of choice for Secret Service and Navy Seals..
    In fairness the damage on it should be higher compared to the other 9mm pistols unless they modelled it on the 9mm version if there was one.

I'm actually surprised that its the for most of the guns in the game.
    I'm using the Aug A3 and before that the M416 but the guns in between were far worse. Same for the sniper guns..untill you get the JG the ones from the CLS4 upwards are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Blazer wrote: »
    Same for the sniper guns..untill you get the JG the ones from the CLS4 upwards are crap.

The M40 isn't too bad so far, range is dirt on them though, bullet seems to just fall out of the air after about 200 meters. Finding it tricky to unlock the sniper rifles actually, not a gun you can play up close with and the bullet drop is making it trickier to get distance shots.
    The DMR's are nice though, working towards getting the M39 :)

Got my service star for the assault kit last night so I can finally start using the other kits again (Not an assault player usually)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I think I'm finally starting to settle into this. Either I'm just getting used to it or the various patches fixes and what not are having an effect.

I've been able to hold my own on various rounds and actually feel like I can make a difference. No longer dies it feel like I have 1hp and I have a chance to break for cover when someone takes a shot at me... even in hardcore.

Hopefully it lasts.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Got my service star for the assault kit last night so I can finally start using the other kits again (Not an assault player usually)
    Nice to know someone else forces themselves outside their comfort zone occasionally, I was starting to feel like an idiot for doing it in a game that's meant to be just for fun :D

wrote:
    I just wanted the service star :)
    It was horrible being around vehicles and not being able to do anything to them, usually I'll have some C4 or a rocket to throw at them. all I've been able to do (and have done several times) is throw a medic bag at them..

Well, that might kill a player but I think a tank may well be immune, headshot bug or no :D

Sparks wrote: »
    Well, that might kill a player but I think a tank may well be immune, headshot bug or no :D
    I was hoping if I threw it with enough force it might do some damage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I'm having loads of fun with TOW missiles and the SRAW, I've hated them in every other Battlefield but all is now forgiven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Being a console player imagine my delight when playing PS4 Conquest Large; i am totally loving it.

This on the PS4 is totally amazing, personally think the rest of the PS4 titles are just a glossed up PS3 version, but BF4 is like a totally new game. So smooth, amazing graphics and obviously 64 players.

Am loving Goldmund Railway but the biggest change in maps is Dawnbreaker. This was crap on 12 v 12 but I love it on PS4.

Also the game players "like a real war" (like I'd know) in that there is a pattern to the battles moving from bases nearer deployment into the middle where the action there can be incredible as opposed to 12 v 12 when you could bypass this and take a back base all alone; those days are gone.

Obviously this isn't new to PC players but for me it is so different as it makes it more tactical too in that you cant assume the base will be empty making the capture of it requiring a more stealthy approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

mozattack wrote: »
    Being a console player imagine my delight when playing PS4 Conquest Large; i am totally loving it.

This is why the master race has looked down at console BF3. Its fantastic that the consoles players can finally experience the game how its supposed to be played.

The BF series will put COD to the sword this gen in possibly every way bar sales.

beno619 wrote: »
    This is why the master race has looked down at console BF3. Its fantastic that the consoles players can finally experience the game how its supposed to be played.

The BF series will put COD to the sword this gen in possibly every way bar sales.

BF was fine on console though if you played Rush primarily but conquest wasn't great unless you played Metro/Bazaar/Seine, i.e. the smaller maps.

What I don't understand though is people still playing Teamdeathmatch and Dominationm so much. Grand, maybe the odd time but really why play this mode on Battlefield. Even the Youtubers like Matimi0, LvlCap and others play that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Had good few games with lads last night. 5 of us in squad and 1 as commander. Great crack. We won, we lost some, but we had a lot of fun. For the first time I sow Recon being useful.
    Our buddy as Recon got on top of the mountain on Rogue transmition. The rest of us were defending D and making attacks on E. He was spoting every fecker for us and telling us where in D we got enemy soldiers attacking. He would shout out over Vent their positions too. Tanks were not a surprise anymore too as he was reporting every single leave rustle lol. Was very cool and team work was very rewarding.

One thing I really noticed in BF4. There are a lot of **** weapons and there are Good weapons. And I am not talking about situational advantages. Some weapons are just plain better then majority of other weapons. For example MG4, as soon as I got it, I just started wrecking stuff. I did not even had anything unlocked on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

What I don't understand though is people still playing Teamdeathmatch and Dominationm so much. Grand, maybe the odd time but really why play this mode on Battlefield. Even the Youtubers like Matimi0, LvlCap and others play that crap.

TDM and domination are great for unlocking things like the shotguns, which become less useful on most rush maps. That, and you know the matches aren't going to last very long, so it's an option when you've only got a half hour or so, as opposed to possibly having to quit out of a close rush match!

BF was fine on console though if you played Rush primarily but conquest wasn't great unless you played Metro/Bazaar/Seine, i.e. the smaller maps.

Thats the thing it was fine/okay rather than a great experience.

I think its mostly played by Youtubers to unlock guns/attachments for gun reviews and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

beno619 wrote: »

How is Ghosts doing this Gen? Last I heard they were looking at 50% less than the last game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,149 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

How is Ghosts doing this Gen? Last I heard they were looking at 50% less than the last game.

It's already being discounted in the Steam sale, something that's unheard of for Activision and the CoD series. Even Black Ops 2 is still €44.99 on Steam a year after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Spear wrote: »
    It's already being discounted in the Steam sale, something that's unheard of for Activision and the CoD series. Even Black Ops 2 is still €44.99 on Steam a year after release.

Nice to hear. Might give them the kick up the arse they needed to start actually trying again. I stopped at the first Black OP's when I realized I had bought the same game again.

Nice to hear. Might give them the kick up the arse they needed to start actually trying again. I stopped at the first Black OP's when I realized I had bought the same game again.

The PC version is a joke, been artificially programmed to hog recourses making it "demanding" game .

The PS4 version is even more of a joke I would have sworn I was playing the PS3 version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Playing bf4 on the Xbox one, matchmaking is super quick and no real bugs except one, when I select conquest large, the Paracel storm map shows up as the loading screen, then changes to the railway or operation locker. Haven't managed to get on Paracel yet.

Yep, it's an awesome game, ghosts is an embarrassment, full of lag compensation and basically mw3 reskinned. Hard to tell between the 360 and xbone versions

I got banned from the Playstation Forum on Boards for a month for basically questioning why people were banging on about muck games on PS4 such as Fifa (same as PS3), COD (always crap), Resogun (Ipod quality) etc and stressing that BF4 is the only true next-gen game.

I was labelled a troll and a fanboy.

The point of this is that BF4 is truely remarkable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I got banned from the Playstation Forum on Boards for a month for basically questioning why people were banging on about muck games on PS4 such as Fifa (same as PS3), COD (always crap), Resogun (Ipod quality) etc and stressing that BF4 is the only true next-gen game.

FKX0YTKFB7FYD1U.MEDIUM.gif

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87784327&postcount=9122

Took down an IFV last night with a mini-grenade...

Say it was very funny on the killcam, "killed my V40 mini"

(i had put M2 slam on the back before so obviously)

Next aim, do this with the incidenary grenade. I actually tried it with the flare but it doesn't ignite the M2.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

The point of this is that BF4 is truely remarkable

Fifa is completely diferrent on next Gen, you clearly don't play it and are ignorant to that fact, that's why you were banned I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah, had a fantastic few games there now. We abandoned Irish servers due to expansion and went for full vanilla ones. We diceded to feck around in scout helicopters!

3 of us. Pilot support with ammo box and other 2 engineers with repair tools and stingers. then we switched one with stinger and other one with launcher.

We pissed of a ton of people lol! At one stage whole enemy team was trying to shoot us down. I leveled up my scout helicopters like 7-8 times today by breing a passanger! So many Stinger kills too. Was epic!
    You really need to experience battlefield with frineds and all on vent. It just so damn fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,149 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Took down an IFV last night with a mini-grenade...

Say it was very funny on the killcam, "killed my V40 mini"

(i had put M2 slam on the back before so obviously)

Next aim, do this with the incidenary grenade. I actually tried it with the flare but it doesn't ignite the M2.... :(

Frag shells for shotguns used to be able to do so in BF3, leading to "M1 Abrams killed by Remington 870 shotgun" or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Ah, had a fantastic few games there now. We abandoned Irish servers due to expansion and went for full vanilla ones. We diceded to feck around in scout helicopters!

3 of us. Pilot support with ammo box and other 2 engineers with repair tools and stingers. then we switched one with stinger and other one with launcher.

We pissed of a ton of people lol! At one stage whole enemy team was trying to shoot us down. I leveled up my scout helicopters like 7-8 times today by breing a passanger! So many Stinger kills too. Was epic!
    You really need to experience battlefield with frineds and all on vent. It just so damn fun.

This is what Me and my buddies have been doin the last few days. It's great Craic when the whole other team turns on ye. I've leveled up 6 levels today with the boost on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

GWG is my new favourite server, even if they tried to ban me tonight for bitching about a team mate C4 our choppers.

still a quality server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Landed the transport heli on point C in Shanghai, land right on the roof of the skyscraper, the roof without the elevators, chopper is setup to gun the other rooftop and below.

Start capping the flag... Attack chopper in tigerstripe paint sees me and starts to swoop in rocketing me.

Mange to blow him out of the sky, his flaming wreck lands on me and rams my chopper turning it 90 degrees, nose is now facing the opposite roof.

I then swap positions between both guns blasting anything that moves. They have to snipe me out of it :D After killing several and having a few team mates spawn in on the chopper who then jump down to finish the job

Advertisement