Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Eve concert Merchant quay

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

I'm entitled to speak my mind. You don't like it, spin on it.

Absolutely. I just think you're being very negative about 1 quote. Work away though..ill go and enjoy whats on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Which act has number one albums in the 70's and 80's?

From what I can gather there are one or two more names to be added closer to the date.

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭untouchable

if there are more to be added to the bill that would be awesome but me and the other half have our tickets as of this morning. cant wait. we missed the early bird tickets but 25 quid for a new years eve party aint bad.

edit* last year we paid 50 each for nancys where we got will leahy and hermitage green. we got a chinese buffett aswell but the hair i found in it ruined that for me.

all im saying is that for the price this is as good as youll get. prob better than the alternative in dolans anyway:D but im sure plenty of you like damo dempsey

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

And this forum is also full of that other Limerick mentality whereby anyone who expresses an opinion that somebody doesn't like is immediately harassed and attacked for expressing that opinion.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that it is in the Limerick Forums Charter that only 100% positive comments are allowed.

Then people wonder why problems are allowed to fester in this city, why incompetence is rewarded rather than punished and why when something goes tits up everybody stands around like apes asking how it happened.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you seem to have the guns out for Limerick!People like you just have this glass half empty mentality where you moan and whinge about Limerick being a dying city with nothing to do.I made this point already on the Cork City forum to the moaners and begrudgers on there.But wouldn't our main cities and towns be thriving if all the people moaning and pounding their keyboards into submission on sites like this actually went to the trouble of leaving their houses and heading into town and supporting their local businesses instead!When efforts are made by people in Limerick to improve the city and make Limerick a better place for both tourists and visitors alike you just moan and whinge some more and laugh and sneer at their efforts.When your not giving out about Limerick on here your giving out about Limerick on the Cork City forum!Im sorry for this rant but it's quite clear that no matter what people like you will always find something to complain about.:D

Oh and i was in Limerick this past week and there was a great buzz around the place.The Crescent was hoping and so was the city centre much to the consternation of the doom and gloom merchants!There was a great atmosphere around the city.Those rows of christmas trees with the lights on Thomas Street are lovely and the quayside will look really nice when the work is finished.To hell with the begrudgers Limerick is a fine city!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you seem to have the guns out for Limerick!People like you just have this glass half empty mentality where you moan and whinge about Limerick being a dying city with nothing to do.I made this point already on the Cork City forum to the moaners and begrudgers on there.But wouldn't our main cities and towns be thriving if all the people moaning and pounding their keyboards into submission on sites like this actually went to the trouble of leaving their houses and heading into town and supporting their local businesses instead!When efforts are made by people in Limerick to improve the city and make Limerick a better place for both tourists and visitors alike you just moan and whinge some more and laugh and sneer at their efforts.When your not giving out about Limerick on here your giving out about Limerick on the Cork City forum!Im sorry for this rant but it's quite clear that no matter what people like you will always find something to complain about.:D

Oh and i was in Limerick this past week and there was a great buzz around the place.The Crescent was hoping and so was the city centre much to the consternation of the doom and gloom merchants!There was a great atmosphere around the city.Those rows of christmas trees with the lights on Thomas Street are lovely and the quayside will look really nice when the work is finished.To hell with the begrudgers Limerick is a fine city!:)

With all due respect, you know sweet f.a. about me or my life.

• Advertisement

With all due respect, you know sweet f.a. about me or my life.

Im just saying that you have moaned on the culture thread and you have had another moan on here.Of course Limerick is not perfect.It has it's problems.There's aspects about Limerick that can be better and most people accept that but there's plenty of great things about Limerick as well.I just think the culture event and this concert are excellent initiatives.Of course maybe there's things that could be better about these events but all in all i don't think they deserve this negativity.People complain about there being no events on in Limerick.Well here are two events and still people are complaining!Giving out about Christmas lights being switched on too early also just sounds petty!Of course i think criticism needs to be taken on board because how can a place improve if you can't accept criticism but you just seem to be going way overboard with the glass half empty approach!

Im just saying that you have moaned on the culture thread and you have had another moan on here.Of course Limerick is not perfect.It has it's problems.There's aspects about Limerick that can be better and most people accept that but there's plenty of great things about Limerick as well.I just think the culture event and this concert are excellent initiatives.Of course maybe there's things that could be better about these events but all in all i don't think they deserve this negativity.People complain about there being no events on in Limerick.Well here are two events and still people are complaining!Giving out about Christmas lights being switched on too early also just sounds petty!Of course i think criticism needs to be taken on board because how can a place improve if you can't accept criticism but you just seem to be going way overboard with the glass half empty approach!

Your post is so contradictory it is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Your post is so contradictory it is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

stop being a downer. this is a great gig

stop being a downer. this is a great gig

This is a discussion forum. I gave my opinion. If you can't handle opinions you don't like then maybe it is time you posted somewhere else.

This is a discussion forum. I gave my opinion. If you can't handle opinions you don't like then maybe it is time you posted somewhere else.

no problem with you posting your opinion. as i said it could be better but try not to focus just on the negative.

by the way no need to be arrogant when your the only one with said opinion. maybe its not everyone else thats wrong............

• Advertisement

no problem with you posting your opinion. as i said it could be better but try not to focus just on the negative.

by the way no need to be arrogant when your the only one with said opinion. maybe its not everyone else thats wrong............

I merely pointed out the inaccurate information being peddled by Will Leahy. Is that not allowed? Point me to the part of the forum charter where this is forbidden.

If I think the line-up sucks why is that having such a massive impact on your life? Are you involved with the concert? Maybe you should just get over it. This is a discussion forum, it would have much point if everyone came here to post the same thing.

But as per usual, if you don't lick arse in the Limerick forum you get harangued non-stop.

get over it you are derailing the thread

get over it you are derailing the thread

You are the one who keeps attacking me for expressing my opinion. That is derailing.

i for one am looking forward to it

anyone know if this is the final lineup??

I merely pointed out the inaccurate information being peddled by Will Leahy. Is that not allowed? Point me to the part of the forum charter where this is forbidden.

If I think the line-up sucks why is that having such a massive impact on your life? Are you involved with the concert? Maybe you should just get over it. This is a discussion forum, it would have much point if everyone came here to post the same thing.

But as per usual, if you don't lick arse in the Limerick forum you get harangued non-stop.

As i said criticism is something that should be welcomed and that shouldn't be ignored but there seems to be an anti Limerick agenda behind some of your posts.You don't seem to be genuinely intrested in Limericks welfare.There's always this running theme of negativity and belittlement in your posts.

Mod Post: Play nice folks. Disagree vigorously with one another if the need arises, but things like personal comments or telling folk to post elsewhere have no place here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

A section from an article on the leader website:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/anger-as-limerick-city-council-meeting-cancelled-at-short-notice-1-5739272
    He pointed out that there were important issues to be heard, like his motion calling on the IRFU to formally apologise for inviting the apartheid-era South Africa side to Thomond Park.

With the support of Cllr Tom Shortt, Mr McNamara was to push for a memorial weekend for those who took part in the Spanish Civil War.

Although this idea was mooted earlier this year, no progress has been made because the cultural committee has not met in over eight months.

It was hoped that a decision could have been made to stage the weekend at this month’s council meeting.

City of Culture indeed

They've just announced on Facebook that the concert is strictly over 18's. So heads up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Guess thats over the line up having Coronas and Maverick Sabre and the Stypes.Didn't think they would have 3 younger acts

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Does anybody know if this event is sold out? I'm trying to buy tickets off the website and it keeps coming up as declined....Not sure if it's the tickets or my card. :confused:

• Advertisement

Does anybody know if this event is sold out? I'm trying to buy tickets off the website and it keeps coming up as declined....Not sure if it's the tickets or my card. :confused:

Ticketmaster is sold out.

But according to Will Leahy's twitter, there will be extra tickets available at the Hunt museum from 10 am on New Year's eve.

https://www.facebook.com/willleahyon2fm/posts/443759659058449

If you had planned to come along to the New Years Eve gig in Limerick with Maverick Sabre, Coronas,Strypes, Dolores O Riordan & more then be warned that all Ticketmaster tickets are sold out. Last select tickets available at Hunt Museum at 10 a.m. on New Years Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 46 munkytennis

Its not sold out,tickets online and at the hunt musem.
    Is there food and drink at this

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

There's supposed to be food stands there

Its a Heineken and posecco bar 2 drinks I hate lol

• Registered Users Posts: 46 munkytennis

Heinken
    Murphys
    Cider
    Hot Whiskey
    hot Port
    Wine
    Prosecco

according to the https://www.facebook.com/cityofculturenye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

tickets. srsly?
    what is it 90s again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Tefral

nly hours to go to Limerick’s New Years Eve Celebrations with The Strypes, The Coronas and Dolores O’Riordan. A limited number of tickets are available today, Tuesday 31, from the Box Office beside the Hunt Museum on Rutland Street.

Important Information for the festivities …..

PAGEANT

The Pageant starts at 5.30pm and leaves from Denmark St and goes through Arthur’s Quay Park, Prince St, Honan’s Quay, Bridge St, Nicholas St. and finishes at the Medieval Quarter outside King John’s Castle.

NYE SKY EVENT
    Starts 8pm, finishes at 8.30pm
    It will be broadcast on the radio on Limerick’s Live 95fm starting 7.30pm live from Arthur’s Quay Park

Where in the city can I watch NYE Sky?
    The amazing Sky display for NYE can be viewed from Clancy Strand, Sarsfield Bridge and Thomond Bridge.
    NOTE: These areas are pedestrianised from 7pm – 9pm. Cars WILL BE TOWED if parked in that area during those times.

NYE MUSIC EVENT
    Starts 8.30pm, finishes 1am

Location of stage and gig:
    Merchant’s Quay down at City Hall with the stage set against the backdrop of St. Mary’s Church

I’ve won tickets! Where can I collect my tickets on the day?
    The Box Office will be located at the Back Gate of Hunt Museum, limited number of tickets available from 11am

Are there tickets available to buy on the day?
    There will be a limited number on sale at the box office near The Hunt Museum

Opening / Closing Times of NYE Music:
    Gates open for ticketed venue from 8.30pm, closing at 10.30pm
    Finishing time is 1am

Are there bar facilities at NYE Music?
    There will be two bars located in the Potato Market area – a Heiniken bar and a Prosecco Bar, as well as various food stalls!

Will there be toilet facilities at NYE Music?
    Male & Female Portaloos will be in Potato Market area

Will there be any sheltered areas?
    The bar areas will be partially sheltered, however this is an outdoor event.

What about the weather?
    Unfortunately the gig is outdoors, so dress accordingly – Limerick is awesome, but our weather isn’t the most predictable, so be prepared for rain just in case!

Is it a seated gig?
    The gig is an all-standing gig.

Access for disability?
    The gig will all be ground level, however should anyone using wheelchairs require assistance, they can present their ticket at the main gate and will be directed to a more accessible area where they can watch and enjoy the gig!

What’s the situation with parking?
    We encourage everyone to avoid bringing their car into city centre due to traffic restrictions and road closures for the day – however if you are driving in, there is Q Park in Harvey’s Quay (Dunnes Stores car park in town) and they are open 24hrs. There is a deal for €5 overnight parking on NewYear’s Eve once collected before 9am on New Year’s Day)

Road Closures (locations, dates and times etc)
    TRAFFIC NOTE 1: There will be restricted road access from 5.30pm throughout the city until 9pm, Gardai will be at various points throughout city advising on accessible / inaccessible areas and any other traffic information on the day.

TRAFFIC NOTE 2: The following areas will be pedestrianised from 7pm – 9pm to facilitate NYE Sky: Clancy Strand, Sarsfield Bridge Thomond Bridge. Cars WILL BE TOWED if parked in that area during those times.

TRAFFIC NOTE 3: Merchants Quay will be closed to parking from 8am Monday 30th December until New Year’s Day (Wednesday) at 9am, when restrictions will be lifted.

What First Aid facilities will be available?
    Civil Defence will be present, also a First aid station will be set up at Arthur’s Quay Park area

Lost & Found Area / Central Meeting Point (if anyone gets lost!)
    Tourist Information Centre on Arthur’s Quay

lol

• Advertisement

The reviews on the Facebook page for this event and the fireworks/parade are hilarious - people seriously pissed off demanding refunds.

Advertisement