Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

humanji wrote: »
    Oh, can anyone confirm on PC if there's an option in the menu to carry over your save from Ground Zeroes? I didn't see it last night and was wondering if it were automatic or now.

You have to manually upload your save from the GZ menu and then download it from the TPP menu. It's not automatic as it has cross gen features.

A PS3 save will work with PS4 and 360 to X1.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh, can anyone confirm on PC if there's an option in the menu to carry over your save from Ground Zeroes? I didn't see it last night and was wondering if it were automatic or now.

Did you update Ground Zeroes and upload your save from there first? Also I think you have to play the first few missions in TPP before the option is there to carry over your save.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Ah right. I've uploaded from GZ. I had installed TPP on Steam and I was assuming it'd update the game as well. But didn't see any option in the menu to transfer the save. I'll have a look again later, although may not be able to play long enough to open any new options. I guess I'll know if I find Kojima pottering around the base.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Essien wrote: »
    I'm a few missions into TPP but I'm considering doing a couple of runs of GZ, like yourself, for fear of missing something. :o

It's called being anally retentive :pac:

But seriously just follow the youtube guides and you'll get it done fairly quickly. I also extracted a few guards just in case;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Took the week off work since I'm heading to electric picnic as well. 20 hours on record when I finished playing at 4am this morning. Only started playing at midnight the night before!

Don't think I have binged like that since Oblivion.

Finished Chapter 11 and most Side-Ops to that point. I'm tempted to go back and replay a few main missions, just to get all objectives checked. Anyone know if this affects the main game in anyway?

Example: I've already extracted a commander who I was meant to kill, but one of the extra objectives is to take him out at long range. I don't feel like taking too long on these missions, wondering if I snipe him can I get my check mark?

I'm afraid of googling anything in case of spoilers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Count me in as another who thought the prologue was an unnecessarily drawn out and fairly tedious experience.

You see this is a worry for me. I'm just getting too old for this indulgent crap. At nearly 40 years of age, more often than not if something isn't keeping my attention I just fall asleep with the controller in my hand and drool on my chin.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I feel guilty for purchasing this game - i am 27 and i can't help but think i could be doing something better with my time like learning a new skill or coding an app that will make me millions (yeah right).

But i love this series and remember playing the MGS1 demo over and over again in amazement at how good it was and it's not often a game of this caliber is released these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    I feel guilty for purchasing this game - i am 27 and i can't help but think i could be doing something better with my time like learning a new skill or coding an app that will make me millions (yeah right).

But i love this series and remember playing the MGS1 demo over and over again in amazement at how good it was and it's not often a game of this caliber is released these days.

I was torn between buying a Konami game and buying a Kojima game and was gonna wait until it came down in price so Konami get less money but Kojima got one more sale.

Then Girlfriend got sick of my bitching and bought it for me. :D

Prologue makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

Hardly a waste of time playing arguably the best game release this year and of the entire franchise. I rarely throw down that much money for any one title but this was very much the exception.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Fultoning a small puppy is easily the highlight of this game for me so far.
    Ah right. I've uploaded from GZ. I had installed TPP on Steam and I was assuming it'd update the game as well. But didn't see any option in the menu to transfer the save. I'll have a look again later, although may not be able to play long enough to open any new options. I guess I'll know if I find Kojima pottering around the base.

It's there alright, on the main menu (Snake in the helicopter) before you start the game. They flag in game when the GZ characters show up at Mother Base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

What's this like on PC? Worth getting or are the console versions better?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC version is very nice looking and cheaper.

Seems a lot of people are running it with any gaming pc and its running fine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

titan18 wrote: »
    What's this like on PC? Worth getting or are the console versions better?

It's absolutely fantastic, runs incredibly well. The Fox engine is a marvel. The PS4 and Xbox One versions are no slouches by the sounds of it so certainly seem like a grand choice too, but can't recommend the PC version enough if you have a decent rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Anyone else find Snake way too quiet? A man of very few words.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    (eg. one mission last night to extract someone, you got extra points for fultoning him through a hole in the roof as opposed to taking him outside and fultoning him there, but I only found that out in the mission list after having completed it without doing that).

Yeah, saw that last night, will add nice replayability to the missions to go back and do them again. The Blueprint is a mission objective as well I didn't know about. I got it's location off a guard but spent way too long trying to get into a hut with 2 guys outside so left it off.

Actually, does anyone know why Snake can't open a f*cking window!!?? I'm sneaking around, oh a window, I'll just launch myself through the glass instead of checking if I can open it first :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd say Kiefer charged by the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭nerd69

was he ever that talkative in game though like i remember massive conversations when he was on the codec but in game I'm pretty sure a lot of the convo was other people talking to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Nice way to exit on Mission 8. :)

Just can't adjust to Sutherland at all. His words are indeed so few that those rare times he speaks I'm psychologically prepared to hear Hayter's recognisable voice. I think it would be easier to adjust to if Sutherland's performance was tangibly better - it's not like Hayter's efforts were the height of video game voice performance, as iconic as his gravelly delivery is. But it's not. It's just, well, different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

nerd69 wrote: »
    was he ever that talkative in game though like i remember massive conversations when he was on the codec but in game I'm pretty sure a lot of the convo was other people talking to him.

He was certainly way more chatty than he is now, most of Snake's dialogue seems to be in the cassette tapes with little given to in-game scenes.

The most jarring example was
    the honey bee mission where you bump into skull face at the end. Skull Face had him trapped upside down in a giant fist thing and throughout the entirety of this scene Snake did not say one single word.
    It just came off as bizarre to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Finished the prologue. Balls to the wall insanity.

I'd prefer if he said a bit more too, that said a lot of his dialogue in previous games was generally repeating stuff.

Miller - "Snake, you need to destroy Metal Gear"
    Snake - "Metal Gear?"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tok9 wrote: »
    I'd prefer if he said a bit more too, that said a lot of his dialogue in previous games was generally repeating stuff.

Miller - "Snake, you need to destroy Metal Gear"
    Snake - "Metal Gear?"

Very relevant
    Links234 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's absolutely fantastic, runs incredibly well. The Fox engine is a marvel. The PS4 and Xbox One versions are no slouches by the sounds of it so certainly seem like a grand choice too, but can't recommend the PC version enough if you have a decent rig.

Sweet, was afraid it might have been poorly optimised. Playable with mouse and keyboard, or need a controller?

• Going to unfollow as I won't get to play this for another 9 days :(

Enjoy lads

Sweet, was afraid it might have been poorly optimised. Playable with mouse and keyboard, or need a controller?

I'm sure it's playable with mouse and keyboard, but I'm using a controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Heckler wrote: »
    Hi. I checked the specs and reckon i'm doomed but I've often runs games before fine with less than the min specs.

Any idea how a pc i5-2500k, 8 gb of ram and gtx 460 might fare ?

Runs games like Arma 3 and A-10c warthog flight sim fine.

Would I be wasting my time downloading ? Don't need high settings or all the bells and whistles.

Don't own a console.

I'm running it on a FX6300 and GTX460 and its great, so you'll be perfect. I did turn a few settings down without testing their impact, but for a 2015 release I have a lot more settings on high than I should have for my setup. Fox engine is just super optimized

You have to be connected online first. Due to all the fecking around with servers its likely you got knocked offline if you were online to start. You can connect online from the ACC escape menu. Once you do that, back to the title menu and you should be able to load in your GZ file.

I only had ~47% completion in GZ but I think I got everyone you can extract :D

KB&M is working fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Seems the key prices of this shot up. Guess I won't be buying it today like I thought :(

Lads I'd recommend turning off the iDroid sound just because it gives a lot of information. Text comes up on the screen anyway.

• Advertisement

I really love this game.

Just went for a side ops there and where I landed was pretty much where the mission was.. spotted everyone from the chopper and was hoping they wouldn't spot me. Just as I landed they spotted the chopper and took it down.

It was just really cool seeing that moment of your chopper crashing.

Advertisement