Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭brady12

how do you make d horse poo??

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

brady12 wrote: »
    how do you make d horse poo??

You have to level your buddy relationship up in order to do things like that

You have to level your buddy relationship up in order to do things like that
    how do i up it with d horse just keep riding him on mission?

brady12 wrote: »
    how do i up it with d horse just keep riding him on mission?

You have to keep using him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

What an odd conversation to drop into......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What's also nice about this game is you can stumble into things. So I'm after stumbling into a boss fight which is a few missions away from where I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

tok9 wrote: »
    Lads I'd recommend turning off the iDroid sound just because it gives a lot of information. Text comes up on the screen anyway.

EXTRACTION COMPLETE

That one? Yeah Im not a fan of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I think they gave me the wrong disc - they mistakenly put in MSG5: The interactive movie instead of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AndrewTheCat

anyone with a tesco GZ code pm me please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    I think they gave me the wrong disc - they mistakenly put in MSG5: The interactive movie instead of the game.

Don't tell us you didn't see that coming.

You might as well be complaining about jumping in Mario

• Advertisement

Its only the first two hours, game starts after that.

Cant log into the servers yesterday or today, anyone else having difficulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well that's it. Roach you had your moments but D-Horse was already winning me over with how easy to control he is but he can do so much more.

This is for the conversation a few posts back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Keep going. The actual game starts after the prologue and is worth the pain (The Phantom Pain, if you will!).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cant log into the servers yesterday or today, anyone else having difficulty?
    I apparently wasn't logged into it yesterday, but was today. I think it's just a case of the servers being hammered as it's a new game. They'll sort it out soon enough, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought the prologue was brilliant and i hated the cutscenes in mgs 4. After that I've only seen the odd cutscene after main missions and they've all been short.

Anyone do the side op to get the wandering mother base agent? Bit mad!

Agree with ye from a few pages back, they need to get rid of the starting credits. Spoiled who was in the bee keeper mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone else find Snake way too quiet? A man of very few words.

It kinda makes sense in the context of the game after all the sh!t hes been through, hes just exhausted. Or the the fact they could only afford to pay Sutherland so much they had to cut down on dialog.

Listen to the tapes Big Boss never shuts up in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Just finished the prologue..
    Inferno unicorn , didn't see that coming .[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Did the first 6 (I think) missions. Nice and slick interface and engine. Did a few of the side missions too so that's cool, and started up grading the base. Is anyone else finding it a bit easy? Like I'm waltzing into bases and extracting all and sundry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Did the first 6 (I think) missions. Nice and slick interface and engine. Did a few of the side missions too so that's cool, and started up grading the base. Is anyone else finding it a bit easy? Like I'm waltzing into bases and extracting all and sundry.

I have to stop using the sniper rifle, it makes some of the missions a walk in the park, even without it the missions do not seem that challenging so far, I am sure that will probably change though further into the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Xenji wrote: »
    I have to stop using the sniper rifle, it makes some of the missions a walk in the park, even without it the missions do not seem that challenging so far, I am sure that will probably change though further into the game.

I've yet to kill anyone or get spotted. Except in the prologue.

What's story with zoo .where is it in mother base or when can I see it .can't seem figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

downloading it now on steam, havent played a metal gear game since the ps1 or 2 maybe. im a bit worried i wont have a fking clue whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Finally got into the swing of things today, going smoothly. I doubt I'm gonna try go for perfect/full mission completion the first playthrough, can save it for the second time. I went back to the first mission and spent a good 45 mins going inside the barracks place trying to extract someone, eventually got caught and killed and my last checkpoint was aaages away :( Haven't the patience for this on a first playthrough :o

Is it a good idea to pretty much fulton every guard you knock out? I'm doing it at the minute but not sure if I should be :P

Also, I downloaded my GZ save but I'm not sure what this does. Apparently it gives me costumes? Cannot find the option for them at the moment anywhere.

Interesting quotes from Big Boss back at Mother Base. Some plot spoilers in here so read at your own risk although I'm sure most already know this info
    Kaz mentions going after Cipher for revenge as they sent them to hell and back, Snake mentions how he's already a demon, or something. I have a feeling this game is about revealing/developing the darker side to big boss,tying in with the character development overall in the later games where he is portrayed as a bad guy of sorts. Back in MGS1 when Solid Snake talks about killing Big Boss at Zanzibar he mentions how "some men just need killing". (Well, technically he didn't kill Big Boss and he was in a coma being kept alive but yeah) A very interesting quote!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FrancoThetanko

Was it just me but in the prologue I was zooming in on the nurses badge hoping to see the name "Lisa"?? Maybe I just played too much Silent Hill and PT.....

In fairness the radio dialogue that the doctor switches off is the same voice as PT.......well I'm 85% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I think it's the disappearance of the long codec calls we're so used to listening to that has given us the realization that he was really never that chatty in previous games either (if you take the codec calls out). He is less chatty than he was, but it isn't by much. This is me going over the previous games off the top of my head, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was it just me but in the prologue I was zooming in on the nurses badge hoping to see the name "Lisa"?? Maybe I just played too much Silent Hill and PT.....

Yupp totally zooming in just to read her name badge. ....yupp!

Well the Lisa ghost from PT has been seen from a decoy mine you can place to scare enemies and apparently at some point in the game a radio plays the same message from PT about the murders

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FrancoThetanko

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp totally zooming in just to read her name badge. ....yupp!

Well the Lisa ghost from PT has been seen from a decoy mine you can place to scare enemies and apparently at some point in the game a radio plays the same message from PT about the murders

Cannot wait for that.....loved PT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I caved and bought it for €45. Most expensive game purchase in years for me. Downloading it now. 40 mins total only 10 mins left!

Advertisement