Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just found out. It's denuvo DRM.

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

tok9 wrote: »
    D-Horse is giving Roach a run for his money!

Controls like an absolute dream compared to roach, a welcome change!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Penn wrote: »
    There was a patch for GZ yesterday where it now gives the option in the main menu to upload your save file. I presume in TPP there's an option to download it to unlock the rewards etc.

yes.

load up ground zeroes and click upload save file from the main menu

then load up phantom pain and ensure it's connected to the network and select download ground zeroes save from the main menu

I got 3 pretty good characters for mother base and the sneaking suit out of it myself

and I barely played GZ. I imagine those with 100% will get even more characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I haven't been able to connect to Konami's server so i can't upload the save. Anyone else having a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Have my PS4 disc, hoping to get a chance to play after work. Does the install take long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

When I first put on the game, it was in offline mode, couldn't access the server. After the prologue mission I went looking to put it into Online mode but the menu said I can only do that from the ACC (Your helicopter office you get around the 3rd mission (Don't want to spoiler but it doesn't explain it very well). I just restarted the game and it then went into Online mode. I uploaded my GZ save file and when I completed the 1st mission you can select (Hero's Way), It said here are some volunteers from the time I saved them 9 years ago. They are all better than your regular grunts but Hideo is unreal, excellent in everything except combat but his combat skill is still higher than every one of my other recruits.

The game is fantastic! I thought Fulton would be over powered but I can only use 7 per mission at the moment and it really attracts nearby guards.

The cinematics, humour, slick gameplay, everything is excellent. Gonna spend a good hour later just customizing my DD base and crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

nullzero wrote: »
    Have my PS4 disc, hoping to get a chance to play after work. Does the install take long?

Haven't played it yet but the install took 10 mins (including update file)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

That_Guy wrote: »
    Haven't played it yet but the install took 10 mins (including update file)

Not so bad. Nothing worse than staring at a progress bar when you get a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Fairly low stock on the PS4 version in Argos, but the xbone has plenty:

PS4
    Xbone

For once something low on stock is in Athlone or Galway for me, but I cant afford it this month!

Tesco are after giving me a code for Ground Zeroes if anyone wants it on PS4.

• Advertisement

Well worth it for anyone on the fence. I wasn't even pushed with mgs v until i played ground zeroes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

How much in Tesco's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

The game doesn't start with a great first impression. From the prologue,
    your vision is completely blurry, the first time it comes into focus is for the nurses cleveage in your face, ugh.
    other than that though I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Would take it of you if you don't mind, with my thanks

Would take it of you if you don't mind, with my thanks

I gave it away to Ramza. He'd already messaged me 20 mins ago. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'm loving this so far.
    I just extracted a live bear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AndrewTheCat

lads anyone with GZ codes they are not using would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,444 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Won't be playing till this weekend.

What's the rule with spoilers here? Anything to do with storyline/stuff in the game should be spoilered I'd assume?

Want to be able to click into here with confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Didnt think I'd be able to afford this for a couple of weeks....
    My sister was buying a PS4 today though... which was 349 in Argos... their bundle offers now include either Mad Max or MGSV for free.
    Out of all the free game offers, the only game she had any interest in was Little Big Planet 3. Which was €19.99 to buy new...

BAM! Got her to buy the MGS Bundle and I bought Little Big Planet for 20 quid and traded.

I done well...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just finished the prologue. I have no idea what's going on but I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just finished the prologue. I have no idea what's going on but I love it.

All I know is I feel a bit dizzy from motion sickness...
    Either that or I feel ill from staring at Ishmaels arse crack...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also, as the game was initially loading and that funny music started playing, I thought "Yup. This is definitely a Hideo Kojima game"

Then I realised the music was actually an ice cream van outside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

Hi. I checked the specs and reckon i'm doomed but I've often runs games before fine with less than the min specs.

Any idea how a pc i5-2500k, 8 gb of ram and gtx 460 might fare ?

Runs games like Arma 3 and A-10c warthog flight sim fine.

Would I be wasting my time downloading ? Don't need high settings or all the bells and whistles.

Don't own a console.

I'm not sure how I feel about these opening credits every mission. I feel it spoils the mission a little.

I just completed mission 6 and the intro gives away who will appear. It's a bit like when you see "Previously on" and it shows a character you haven't seen in about 2 seasons. You know that character will appear.

Edit: Also... if you've done a few missions and listened to some tapes..
    Poor Chico
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'm not sure how I feel about these opening credits every mission. I feel it spoils the mission a little.

I just completed mission 6 and the intro gives away who will appear. It's a bit like when you see "Previously on" and it shows a character you haven't seen in about 2 seasons. You know that character will appear.

Yep, a gripe I have too. Just did mission 5, because of those credits
    I knew the skulls team and skullface himself was making his first appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is anyone playing this having only played the first one and Revengenance? Will I have the slightest clue whats going on or do I need to?

rizzla wrote: »
    Yep, a gripe I have too. Just did mission 5, because of those credits
    I knew the skulls team and skullface himself was making his first appearance.

Oh.. maybe I was on mission 5 too as that's the one I was I meant also.

Thargor wrote: »
    Is anyone playing this having only played the first one and Revengenance? Will I have the slightest clue whats going on or do I need to?

I think you can definitely still play it. I get the feeling the story will be relatively contained however you'll obviously benefit from playing the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Finished the Prologue a few minutes ago and it was epic :D

I was flip-flopping on whether to get this game or not, but going on what I have seen so far, I'm well happy I got it.

BTW, is it safe to say what rank I got?

• Advertisement

Loving this altogether, only have Misson 3 completed and the side op to get the
    russian translator and my new puppy
    but just exploring Mother Base and going through R&D, great laugh.

Anyone know when you get to start an FOB?

Advertisement