Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Very interesting thing happens when it's your birthday in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AndrewTheCat

Cheapest place to get ground zero.?

Some lad in GameStop today tried to tell me it was just a demo and the real game was out and I should buy that imstead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

He wasn't lying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Cheapest place to get ground zero.?

Some lad in GameStop today tried to tell me it was just a demo and the real game was out and I should buy that imstead

Depends what you want, Ground Zeroes is worth playing but its pretty short. If you're after a full game experience then get Phantom Pain.

Might be cheaper to download GZ from the playstation store, not sure what it retails at there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Taking a break at the moment to refuel the body with some cheesy spuds :D

Looks like the Phantom Pain app isn't compatible with iPhone 4s, even though the Ground Zeros one was. Would love an option to listen to the tape recordings on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Just arrived, finally!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played through the prologue on PC there. First impressions are yes, this is most definitely a Hideo Kojima game ;) While his sense of pacing can still be a wee bit weird, his overall direction has come on in leaps and bounds over the years. While the first hour or so is very much an extended cutscene with some light tutorial and interactive sections attached, Kojima's tendency towards long, unbroken camera movements (dynamically switching between perspectives all the while) allows for a more tangible relationship between 'story' and 'game' than previous entries have managed, Ground Zeroes aside.

If anyone's concerned, thankfully the PC version so far seems to run like an absolute dream. Looks stunning and runs a flawless 60 FPS on extra high settings with GTX970. Suggestion seems to be the PC team was working til the very last minute to get it out in time in this impressive state, and their work seems to have paid off and then some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Played through the prologue on PC there.

If anyone's concerned, thankfully the PC version so far seems to run like an absolute dream. Looks stunning and runs a flawless 60 FPS on extra high settings with GTX970. Suggestion seems to be the PC team was working til the very last minute to get it out in time in this impressive state, and their work seems to have paid off and then some :)

Just out of interest where did you get your key from? Turns out a few cd key sites (well know and popular) have either sold out or are all having technical issues or konami is sand bagging giving keys out to them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Anyone have trouble with their day one code? I tried entering mine under redeem code in the PlayStation store but it gives me an error

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Crucifix wrote: »
    Anyone have trouble with their day one code? I tried entering mine under redeem code in the PlayStation store but it gives me an error

There should be 2 codes? The Online one didn't work for me as Online hasn't launched yet but the Day One code worked fine (the gun, box, etc that unlock for development).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    There should be 2 codes? The Online one didn't work for me as Online hasn't launched yet but the Day One code worked fine (the gun, box, etc that unlock for development).

Ah, cheers. I just grabbed the first one I saw, didn't realise there was a second code in there. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Fupping parcel motel. Get moving ya's shower a bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,802 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting the huge double sided map

That was a very nice surprise to see when I opened the box :)

Currently installing the game on my Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

11215869_449932608523142_5050277470995411899_n.jpg?oh=b7b7a0ddae84cb212dc1372a05df7f14&oe=56691720

10984986_449932615189808_6127378907430003958_n.jpg?oh=a2e04262e34f07936d30c05cdf8663ab&oe=565F01DA

So pretty :3

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Does the companion app work with the PC version of the game? Reading some conflicting things at the minute.

Just a few short hours till I can get stuck into this! Damn work...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pizzle wrote: »
    Does the companion app work with the PC version of the game? Reading some conflicting things at the minute.

Who a few short hours till I can get stuck into this! Damn work...

No, doesn't work with the PC version (or the Xbox 360 for some reason).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

"half-scale"? Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cheapest place to get this in a shop guys ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Fupping parcel motel. Get moving ya's shower a bastards.

Still not in Dublin for me 😭

Won't get it till tomorrow by the likes 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Is the companion app working at the mo. On Android. I can't connect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Is the companion app working at the mo. On Android. I can't connect or download maps

Downloaded the maps ok but since I don't have the game yet I can't comment on the connection issue. It was a slow download mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

I'm pretty sure it's 75 in Gamestop, 70 in HMV/Xtravision or Tesco, 65 in Argos or Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

D-Horse is giving Roach a run for his money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

http://store.steampowered.com/stats

MGSV is the 5th most played game on steam right now. 46k players.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Has anyone managed to get their GZ to work on TPP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Everyone's all quiet playing it :P

I talked to my friend on steam whose playing it right now. He said the performance is just as good as GZ with option to turn off DoF separately now. No word on being able to bind mouse 4-6 since he has no extra mouse buttons and so I'm not sure if I still have to deal with only using M1-3.

He said it's beautiful and running grand. Got me feeling positive about the game and less worried about the nvidia gameworks aids.

Might buy it earlier than expected... perhaps in a day or two :O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Has anyone managed to get their GZ to work on TPP.

Where do you actually upload it?

Guys, the first time you fulton someone while others are around is brilliant. Love the reactions.

Also I really like not being able to understand the guards until you get a translator.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Managed to get it working it finally went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tok9 wrote: »
    Where do you actually upload it?

There was a patch for GZ yesterday where it now gives the option in the main menu to upload your save file. I presume in TPP there's an option to download it to unlock the rewards etc.

• Advertisement

Argos , €65 I think.

Advertisement