Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 (Next Gen)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

*Starts game*

*Pass back, wait a beat, hoof the ball forward*

*Opp keeper catches it, counter attacks, conceed goal*

"Herpy derpy, dat didn't work but I'll try another 7 times before I stop"

Seem to be playing people with this mindset alot today....do so love when a game starts and they hoof it forward. Know it's always going to be an easy win ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

*Starts game*

*Pass back, wait a beat, hoof the ball forward*

*Opp keeper catches it, counter attacks, conceed goal*

"Herpy derpy, dat didn't work but I'll try another 7 times before I stop"

Seem to be playing people with this mindset alot today....do so love when a game starts and they hoof it forward. Know it's always going to be an easy win ;)

I'll admit to being a f**er for doing this trick/glitch but i don't rely on it. Can easily win without. Its handy if you or really need that goal ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I got an invisible ball bug last night in two separate games (PS4), I haven't seen that at all in the two months I have the game and managed to get it twice last night. The second time was in a cup final too which was incredibly frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭jones

I know its a tiny thing but does it bother anyone else that the scorer of a goal's name doesn't come up after he scores?? i think its ridiculous (i know you can just watch the replay but it annoys me that something so simple isnt up ha)

Bertser wrote: »
    On the gameplay side of things, would my players ever come to the ball?

haha totally agree with this the amount of times a player just watched the ball trickling past him without sticking a leg out is ridiculous. I have to say it has its frustrating moments but when a nice team move comes off it feels amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

My PS4 copy crashes after every offline game bar exhibitions, I cant play career mode or any single player games since day 1, I've tried re installing it twice.

Has anyone seen this?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Re - the name coming up after you score a goal

Even though its only a minor feature i think its stupid they removed it. Esp when your playing career mode in the lower divisions and you cannot recognise the players by the facial features. Hope they bring it back

In some ways fifa 14 seems so rushed...i think the game is great (a few minor things withstanding) but some of the omissions are crazy. The goal scorer name, tournament mode that you would imagine would be nothing things programming wise and yet there's no sign of them. the total downgrading of pace is another thing thats been in fifa for a few years now. It seems any defender no matter how slow can catch Ronaldo running at full sprint with the ball grrr

I'm just using Ronaldo as an example but the amount of times it happens me is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I wonder when the PS4 patch will arrive?

• Advertisement

Last december

Oh is that the equivalent patch? I presumed it was the next one

No, this is why I'm so amazed that we got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm sick of the EA servers. That's 3 of the last 4 times in the EA Cup, I've been playing and then randomly get a 0-3 defeat because it says I've lost connection to the EA server. I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible to win this at all.

My internet still works away fine, and I'm connected to the PSN the entire time. I've never had this happen in my favour, but now it's happened about 7 times against me. Game hangs, bang, 0-3 defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

v3ttel wrote: »
    I'm sick of the EA servers. That's 3 of the last 4 times in the EA Cup, I've been playing and then randomly get a 0-3 defeat because it says I've lost connection to the EA server. I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible to win this at all.

My internet still works away fine, and I'm connected to the PSN the entire time. I've never had this happen in my favour, but now it's happened about 7 times against me. Game hangs, bang, 0-3 defeat.

You on xbox or ps4? I never seem to have these issues on the ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

v3ttel wrote: »
    PS4

That's odd, I haven't experienced any disconnections on PS4 at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

lofted through ballls still far too accurate and defenders don't react fast enough to them, majority of my goals conceded against A.I. is because of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

ShaneU wrote: »
    lofted through ballls still far too accurate and defenders don't react fast enough to them, majority of my goals conceded against A.I. is because of this

I literally just came on here to see if anyone was having the same issues with the lofted through balls. Literally 9/10 goals il concede are as a result of this and its really the only form of attack so many people use. You can see it coming but the defenders just wont keep with the player running through so very difficult to stop. It really takes away from playing online, Its pity EA wont listen to the players and try and patch this.

Not sure if just me either but as weeks go on im getting worse and worse connections in matches.I would have thought it the other way around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Not being able to pick your own team online is driving me up the walls!!

Any time I tinker a squad my match gets cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I played a match online against a friend in the US (Ireland vs USA) and half the Ireland team were fake players?

Anyone know when Mata will be put in the United squad?

Apparently he's in already, Fifa 14 update weekly IIRC.

miralize wrote: »
    Apparently he's in already, Fifa 14 update weekly IIRC.

Just checked there. Still hasn't been added.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Squad updates are usually on a Friday as far as I know, Mata only signed late on Friday last week if I recall so hes probably in this weeks update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Only two trophies left and I have them all :D

Does anybody know where I can find a list off players with real faces

astonaidan wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I can find a list off players with real faces

Fifa has the real faces... or are you making an throwaway comment about the lack of graphical prowess of Fifa compared to PES?

Fifa has the real faces... or are you making an throwaway comment about the lack of graphical prowess of Fifa compared to PES?

I took it as a simple ''which players did they put effort into replicating and is there a list''

Like if you look at the Ireland team, just about all of them(pretty sure there's not one) are generic faces marginally resembling the player in question. That's despite most of the players playing in the premier league.

• Advertisement

How on earth did you jump to that??
    I took it as a simple ''which players did they put effort into replicating and is there a list''

Like if you look at the Ireland team, just about all of them(pretty sure there's not one) are generic faces marginally resembling the player in question. That's despite most of the players playing in the premier league.
    Here we go this is the what I was trying to say, like I only like signing players in career and FUT with real faces not bland hes a black guy and they all look alike faces

Advertisement