Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 (Next Gen)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

How long does Fifa 14 take to download?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

MD1990 wrote: »
    How long does Fifa 14 take to download?

It will depend on your broadband speed but it's a 9.9GB download.

Still seems to be momentum in Ultimate Team anyway(haven't played seasons).

The amount of cheesy games I've had the past few days is wrecking my head now. 3-3-3 most seasons, getting hammered, then hammering people in my wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Anyones VP not transfer over fully? I miss my 90 CAM, all I have is 84.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Few flaws are really starting to piss me off.

How is Watford vs. Ajax a fair match? :confused:

And the poxy match squad files not matching is a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement

xbox's second patch is just getting certified my microsoft now. Bit daft for launch games 2 weeks after it comes out...

SantryRed wrote: »

And the poxy match squad files not matching is a pain in the hole.

Yeh I've been getting this randomly in between playing games too. It's a bit annoying but you just have to go back to the main menu and enter seasons (or whatever mode) again to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

My biggest gripe with it so far is the player switching, costing me countless goals with either switching to the wrong player or deviating the defenders run away from the attacker in the rare event it does select the right one. Can only assume it's the same for any opponents too though, so probably balances out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Despite a few flaws anyone else think this is a massive improvement on ps3 version? I'm actually enjoying thus version, hated FIFA 14 in ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Despite a few flaws anyone else think this is a massive improvement on ps3 version? I'm actually enjoying thus version, hated FIFA 14 in ps3

Definitely a big improvement over FIFA 14 for PS3 anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Have to agree been enjoying it loads..unreal visuals make it even better too

It's better than the 360 version alright for the shooting, chips etc alone.

But i'd still put it behind FIFA 13, the dribbling is the exact same as the 360 version and it's pure ****e tbh.
    It's just encourages more cheesy counter attacking lofted balls/one touch/swivel 360 degee passes play since it's so hard to beat anyone off the dribble.
    Add to that the inconsistency when trying to sprint(you see space, take one sprint into it and you lose it) and it just makes any sort of silky possession play a thing of the past.

One thing I find WORSE than the 360 version is the ground through balls, they seem back to pre 14(360) where they were a waste of time as they always veered towards the defender or into stupid space you'll never reach, I found on the 360 version through balls were a good option, they feel severely wasteful again and I even find myself resorting to lofted balls at those times I know they'll never work.

If they can improve on the dribbling for next year and make it less like players playing ice hockey, the other mechanics are near perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Jeff Stelling is annoying me greatly on this game. Also the lack of tournaments. Not much fun when you want a tournament with the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

What's the deal with disconnects in this version? I was beating a guy 3-0 with about 5 mins remaining and it didn't record any results. Disconnect was on my end so I was expecting it to be a loss for me.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Jeff Stelling is annoying me greatly on this game. Also the lack of tournaments. Not much fun when you want a tournament with the lads.

''I've been Jeff Stelling''.... no **** you've been yourself.

Whatever happened to saying ''I am...''

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Not having the option to create a custom tournament is a pain in the h*le... I regularly have offline tournament with the lads (even have a wee trophy for the winner).

I have a xmas tourney organised for Saturday week...does anyone know of a good tournament generator online that I could download?? Otherwise it wil be back to the old pen and paper... Thanks.

Jez Seasons is destroyed on the XB1 anyway.

Takes ages to connect, you often get the ''squads don't match error'' on loadup, but then 1:3 games when it does load your squad resets to the default 11 so if you needed to make loads of changes with players in reserve they're unavailable after KO.

Loaded against a lad there as AC Milan, they're 11 is useless so needed to sub in loads of players but lost them after load, that meant i'd a rubbish back 4 with a 67 goalie so decided to quit since it was before the 5min mark.

Get back to the lobby and I got a 3-0 loss :mad:

So has anyone seen confirmation you can't quit before the 5min mark now even at 0-0?.

Such a nuisance when you might not want to play with the squad/formation never mind if you get a laggy game.

Why not just limit it to 5mins or the 1st goal.

So has anyone seen confirmation you can't quit before the 5min mark now even at 0-0?.

Such a nuisance when you might not want to play with the squad/formation never mind if you get a laggy game.

Why not just limit it to 5mins or the 1st goal.

Have also experienced the same, my first day playing the game and went into a cup match, it was lagging badly so I quit almost straight away and was given a 3 nil loss and knocked out of the cup.

Hopefully it's just a bug that will be fixed in the upcoming patch, it's badly needed to see if a game is lagging or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Quit before 5 mins is gone and was abused by many anyway. You need a bit of patience now and let your team lineups load and to see if the other team is a fair game.

Have to actually close the application though if you dont have tip off.

I just got off chat with EA suppport, is the patch not live for XB1 users?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

Neuer punching into his own goal under no pressure, I've seen it all now.

I just lost a game 4-1 because of a stupid straight red to Hummels for a simple tackle, I never saw a red like it in any FIFA before.

The red was ridicules, he was running in for a 1v1, in line with my wing backs, I cut across and tackle in front of him.
    I clearly win the ball from the replay and then the players make contact towards the end of the animation.

It was one of the safe slides i.e he'll run into you and you win it, or he doesn't and he avoids you completely.

I'm enjoying Clubs immensely having played two nights in a row now.

But my patience is wearing thin with UT/Seasons. Just too many of the same things that annoyed me from the 360 version carried over(i.e attacker runs into you and ball ricochets off the defender in for a 1v1 etc) with some great little additions like the lobs and general shooting mixed in.

I really amn't enjoying this new version at all. It feels like the game punishes the player in possession way too much. You keep the ball for a while since the other guy is sitting deep, he knicks it, 2/3 through balls up the pitch, and due to whatever the **** they've done to changing players, he gets in way too easily for a shot on the keeper.

Seriously, what the **** did they do to switching players? I can't defend at all anymore. It's bonkers.

EDIT: And CPU defenders don't stick in a foot anymore? I don't get the ideas behind some of their changes. Just retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is anyone else's FIFA 14 on PS4 crashing after playing a game in Career mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

When you are trying to defend a through ball over the top, it's very annoying than when you switch players the defender will just stop/check his run giving the striker the extra second or two he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

v3ttel wrote: »
    When you are trying to defend a through ball over the top, it's very annoying than when you switch players the defender will just stop/check his run giving the striker the extra second or two he needs.

Seems to be a known exploit, lots of one trick ponies using it online.

v3ttel wrote: »

What is even worse is when say your midfielder is taken on and beaten, you try bring up your defensive mid to put pressure, he plays the lob through ball, and the game automatically switches your player, and you run your CB up the pitch then, leaving the striker in on goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Just had a few games against the AI and I'm enjoying it. I'll check out online opponents over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Another thing they took out was the ability to knock the ball ahead of you with the right stick when you weren't sprinting. Now you have to have your finger on the sprint button to do it and timing it is harder.

Advertisement