Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 (Next Gen)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

online is a mess.. keep getting connection lost messages before a game...

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    online is a mess.. keep getting connection lost messages before a game...

Ya it's fairly annoying and unacceptable considering we're nearly in January and they patched it already(it should really have been the first thing sorted).

I usually connect the second time but then again sometimes the lineup resets and you may have a number of players missing and unavailable even after making 3 subs(if they're in the reserves).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

2 trophies away from my 1st PS4 Platinum :-D sucks that I had to do it all again though but ah well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Redzer7 wrote: »
    2 trophies away from my 1st PS4 Platinum :-D sucks that I had to do it all again though but ah well :-)

just beat ya tonight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

just beat ya tonight :P

I need that Be A Pro matchday challenge one does anyone know when they change the challenges? :-D

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I need that Be A Pro matchday challenge one does anyone know when they change the challenges? :-D

Think every second day. Could be wrong now

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

So is there any way for me to play an unranked match online? I'd like to able to practice the game for a little bit and get use to it before I go competitive in Seasons?

It's annoying me that I don't seem to be able to do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I started a seasons game earlier on, 0-0 after 2 in-game mins, just cleared a corner and bang. Disconnected from the EA servers. Lost 0-3. Super.

Just played a guy there who was blatantly using a lag switch to cheat. Every time I got the ball, the game slowed to a crawl. When he won it then, it was perfect. No way that could happen for a good 25-30 mins (and that's how long it took to complete the bloody game!) to report him for a cheating on the PSN either.

Now that they've removed the quitting before 5 min rule, is there any way to get away from lag? I'm completely hamstrung if theres lag. Can't dribble, passes don't register, the power bar become a lottery.

Digidol wrote: »
    So is there any way for me to play an unranked match online?!

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

v3ttel wrote: »
    I started a seasons game earlier on, 0-0 after 2 in-game mins, just cleared a corner and bang. Disconnected from the EA servers. Lost 0-3. Super.

Just played a guy there who was blatantly using a lag switch to cheat. Every time I got the ball, the game slowed to a crawl. When he won it then, it was perfect. No way that could happen for a good 25-30 mins (and that's how long it took to complete the bloody game!) to report him for a cheating on the PSN either.

Now that they've removed the quitting before 5 min rule, is there any way to get away from lag? I'm completely hamstrung if theres lag. Can't dribble, passes don't register, the power bar become a lottery.

Is that a thing? I really don't think thats a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Badly needs a patch for the season games. Joke at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Last couple of games I have been involved in it's just chip lob after chip lob to a quick striker. So boring.

When playing Madrid or Man City I will admit that I do it as it's the only way I can give them a game and pull of a win.

Is there a player hub like there used to be on previous games? Which would show you over all your online games your wins/losses/draws/goals scored and the likes or is that gone?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is there a player hub like there used to be on previous games? Which would show you over all your online games your wins/losses/draws/goals scored and the likes or is that gone?

Should be in the screen when you go into season. You should see like a like chart on the right to where where it says play match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Amen to that. It's hardly worth trying to start a seasons game (xbox one) at all - squad mismatch, connection lost, etc. I think I've only managed to play about five or six games since November.

Shame really, because the single player / local game is awesome.

Appears to be gone from XB1/PS4.
    Also no way to check a team mates hub in clubs either to see their overall games/goals.

Ridic the amount of silly things they've taken out.

Apparently the patch was released for PS4 on the 19th or so of December and it's been delayed on XB1 for some strange reason for two weeks now.
    From reading their forums I couldn't say for certain if it fixed the constant disconnects but it's listed as a fix in the notes.

Appears to be gone from XB1/PS4.
    Also no way to check a team mates hub in clubs either to see their overall games/goals.

Ridic the amount of silly things they've taken out.

I was sure you were on wrong on this as I was sure I had seen it on my ps4. But your right its gone. Tho it is still in ulimate team.

There is a way of checking theough the web app on how yours seasons is going I think.

I was sure you were on wrong on this as I was sure I had seen it on my ps4. But your right its gone. Tho it is still in ulimate team.

There is a way of checking theough the web app on how yours seasons is going I think.

You can check your last 20 opponents Seasons hub alright, but the overall hub is gone which is a shame really as it contained decent stats like ''Shots for, Shots against''.

Also there's no free practice mode, no way to set up FK's/Corners(though that doesn't bother me too much it's still another thing needlessly removed), no Virgin Gaming(was planning on playing for money this year) and no FIWC(was going to give that a bash since they have extra ways to qualify, PS3 only for some strange reason).

Considering how many small things were removed, it's a bit of a joke that in January there's still connection problems and new problems like not being able to quit out of a game at any point.

Has anyone tried to leave a game before KO yet?, I'm guessing if you've lag, it'll show there so by letting the intro load you can highlight it.
    I'm having my first dead season in D1 so I think I'll test that out and quit on the load up and see are you penalised with a loss.

Apparently the patch was released for PS4 on the 19th or so of December and it's been delayed on XB1 for some strange reason for two weeks now.
    From reading their forums I couldn't say for certain if it fixed the constant disconnects but it's listed as a fix in the notes.

I'm on PS4, and I'm still having the problems of squads not matching at the start of games. I'm also having an even bigger problem of games actually starting with default squads, which as Everton kills me as I have 4 changes I make to the team, Coleman is rated very poorly and so is Barkley too. So those games are also a mess and I can't quit out because the 5 minute thing is gone too!

Saying that, when those problems don't arise, I'm getting more used to the game. Have moved into Division 1 now, took 11 seasons, no relegations thankfully, but there are still some annoying traits to the game, the worst one being the way the player you are controlling changes.

I'm on PS4, and I'm still having the problems of squads not matching at the start of games. I'm also having an even bigger problem of games actually starting with default squads, which as Everton kills me as I have 4 changes I make to the team, Coleman is rated very poorly and so is Barkley too. So those games are also a mess and I can't quit out because the 5 minute thing is gone too!

Saying that, when those problems don't arise, I'm getting more used to the game. Have moved into Division 1 now, took 11 seasons, no relegations thankfully, but there are still some annoying traits to the game, the worst one being the way the player you are controlling changes.

I've had that happen a few times alright and it's a pain when it's a 4.5 team as they generally need more changes than a 5 star.

Do you use auto player switching assistance?. I've always used manual/none for that so maybe that will fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The 19th of December is when the 2nd title update for the PS4 came out. We're still waiting on it for the Xbox One, it's hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jones

Yeah i agree i've been using mini ireland (aka Everton) a bit aswell and you need to make loads of changes. Coleman is definitely underrated but he has his starts +3 or 4 for form at the moment which makes him a bit better.

The non-matching squad files are getting more frequent. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The non-matching squad files are getting more frequent. Very annoying.

Incredibly annoying, I'm getting it every second or third game now, I can't believe it still hasn't been patched yet.

Equally as annoying is the removal of the 5 minute quit window - yes we all know it was abused but I think it did more good than harm. It's so frustrating entering a lagging game with no way out. I know you can watch the team entrance videos to see if it's lagging but sometimes that just doesn't cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Incredibly annoying, I'm getting it every second or third game now, I can't believe it still hasn't been patched yet.

Equally as annoying is the removal of the 5 minute quit window - yes we all know it was abused but I think it did more good than harm. It's so frustrating entering a lagging game with no way out. I know you can watch the team entrance videos to see if it's lagging but sometimes that just doesn't cut it.

You can quit during the pre-game cutscenes and not get the loss? Didn't realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

v3ttel wrote: »
    You can quit during the pre-game cutscenes and not get the loss? Didn't realise that.

Yes you can, once it's before kick off.

I have a theory about the "missing" patch for the Xbox One, the one that was pushed to PS4 users on the 19th of last month. They're going to rebrand it as Fifa 15 and charge us €60 for it! The mismatch in update dates is ludicrous at this stage.

Haven't played any sort game in over 2 weeks now but shocked they still didn't fix the squad error in Seasons.

Think at this stage I'll just sell the game as it's pretty poor anyway, it's only marginally better than the 360 version.
    Unless they improve the dribbling again, I can't see myself buying the next edition.
    Just find it tedious.

I'd say wait around for the update anyway, if it ever comes that is. So many game-breaking bugs in this game that haven't been fixed not just for the 2 months after the Next-Gen releases, but the 360/PS3 versions too are also fundamentally broken games.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well with the transfer window going on id say they are holding off and will probably just put one update thorough which will update the squads and fix them in seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

€64.99 and the server is in absolute tatters. Web app has an error every 30 seconds and it's impossible to operate the market on the console as well. On the gameplay side of things, would my players ever come to the ball?

Advertisement