Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 (Next Gen)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I guess its easier for EA to tell its support staff to lie rather than actually fix the bug

kj660jN.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Would anyone be so kind to win a clubs seasons match with me as I want the trophy on PS4! Also wouldn't mind getting the co-op season trophy with a friend.

Just add me and give us an invite. PSN is Finical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Need some help lads!

I recently picked up a PS4 & FIFA14 but I can't sign into my orignal account.
    Instead it's made me create a new one.

My old account was on 360/X1 but I don't think that would affect it.
    I was level 80+ and now i'm back to 1:pac:

Any help would be great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

miralize wrote: »
    I guess its easier for EA to tell its support staff to lie rather than actually fix the bug

kj660jN.png

:rolleyes:

Maybe its the fact that the agent you were speaking to didnt know what the hell he was on about?

You get them in every job.

joe123 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Maybe its the fact that the agent you were speaking to didnt know what the hell he was on about?

You get them in every job.

Why was he put in the position of answering replies. He mustve got that info from somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Why was he put in the position of answering replies. He mustve got that info from somewhere.

In organisations the size of EA you are always going to have the odd few that will either not read information correctly or pass on incorrect information.

You get that with EVERY company. To say that EA are telling their employees to lie is daft and simply hopping on the bandwagon of "burn the big evil corporation"

I had an issue before with a paypal dispute. First rep I spoke to told me that they couldnt help nothing they could do. I felt this was wrong info so I rang back, got a different agent and they told me what to do.

I didnt go around posting how Paypal are some evil corporation. I assumed that the fella I spoke to was either lazy or just wasnt sure of the policy so blagged it.

Anyone one else having trouble with Seasons this evening on Xbox One?.

The game often crashes just after you get to the server screen, and it done this twice so I just tried clicking another game first from home to overcome it as I have done before.

Got in then and whenenever I'd press ''Play Match'' on the Seasons screen it crashed back to the dashboard, after 4/5 attempts I decided to try load a KO game, it worked so I tried again and same result.
    I tried logging out of XBL, and then restarting the console.

From that I had two successions of getting my team picked and searching for an opponent which both crashed mid search, so decided to play Clubs which worked fine, another attempt after clubs saw it crash again back at the ''Play Match'' initiation.

Getting a bit worried about it as all other aspects of the game were working at the time, must have happened 15 times so hoping it was a server wide issue.

I have yet to be able to play a game in seasons. Every time I try its a message that greets me with "You have a different squad than your opponent, please kindly **** off"

I have yet to be able to play a game in seasons. Every time I try its a message that greets me with "You have a different squad than your opponent, please kindly **** off"

I get that too and I can usually tell when its going to happen.

I update my squad before a game and if I see a player back in the original squad I took out in the arena, i'll get that notification.
    Coincidentally I notice most of my opponents are usuing the default squads(If Liverpooll I see Flanagan), I'm not sure if that means they're just picking the default squad to avoid the error or are they losing their pre match set ups.

I did lose my pre match set up 2/3 times and learned about the removal of the 5min mark when I tried to back out as Milan since the default was so poor.
    So that could possibly be happening to others.

For me what happens the past week is that I get the squad error on my first load up, then I just stick with the same team and try over and it works 95% of the time the second connection.

Seems to never load first time picking a new team and changing the set up. But I rarely get it a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Anyone one else having trouble with Seasons this evening on Xbox One?.

The game often crashes just after you get to the server screen, and it done this twice so I just tried clicking another game first from home to overcome it as I have done before.

Got in then and whenenever I'd press ''Play Match'' on the Seasons screen it crashed back to the dashboard, after 4/5 attempts I decided to try load a KO game, it worked so I tried again and same result.
    I tried logging out of XBL, and then restarting the console.

From that I had two successions of getting my team picked and searching for an opponent which both crashed mid search, so decided to play Clubs which worked fine, another attempt after clubs saw it crash again back at the ''Play Match'' initiation.

Getting a bit worried about it as all other aspects of the game were working at the time, must have happened 15 times so hoping it was a server wide issue.

For the past few days I can't get a game of Fifa going as it keeps kicking me back to the dashboard in the xbox one. I really do hope its a problem on EA's end and not the console.

• Advertisement

Davei141 wrote: »
    For the past few days I can't get a game of Fifa going as it keeps kicking me back to the dashboard in the xbox one. I really do hope its a problem on EA's end and not the console.

If it's the same thing I mentioned above, then maybe reset the squads if you haven't already.

It was doing it again to me last night, so I reset the squads and got into my next game(played clubs after that so only have one game to back up the theory).

I couldn't find anyone mention it online yesterday, and the fact I could play other game modes made me think it was something on my end which appears to be the squad adjustments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

sick of this bloody game

everytime I play seasons on the xbox one
    their must be some glitch or something because everytime I am winning a game, my opponent disconnects or something and the game doesnt count
    at all
    not a loss or a win
    its a joke how is anyone ment to progress through the divisions with this going on
    sick of it
    was winning 1-0 their a few minutes ago
    and the guy disconnects
    after 1 goal? seriously this game is ruined my cheaters

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Career mode is savage lads, If this only had a tournament mode be close to perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Career mode is savage lads, If this only had a tournament mode be close to perfect

Enjoying it too, don't bother with online so offline being enjoyable was very important for me. Plays a good game, career mode very good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

what makes career mode better this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Any manual control users find much differences/improvements between the current and next gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

2 minutes to go, down by a goal, need one quick, have a throw in in an attacking position - so the players spend most of that time watching a ball roll past, waiting for one to get thrown to them, missing it the first time and then struggling to pick it up, all while the clock ticks down... that's not infuriating at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Luis Suarez is not in my game except for Uruguay?

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Luis Suarez is not in my game except for Uruguay?
    Check reserves and/or update your squad

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

Hi, I am just looking for some help, I have fifa on the ps3 and am after getting a ps4 and I would like to upgrade the copy. I was aware of being able to trade in the game and paying €15 for the ps4 version but this promo is now finished. I have been told I can upgrade to digital copy though, any one have any ideas how this is done.

Thanks for any help

Gary

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is there something I'm missing with people playing in LIverpool's away kit? It's pissing me off because I use Everton and struggle to distinguish the colours on the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

mcgrailg wrote: »
    Hi, I am just looking for some help, I have fifa on the ps3 and am after getting a ps4 and I would like to upgrade the copy. I was aware of being able to trade in the game and paying €15 for the ps4 version but this promo is now finished. I have been told I can upgrade to digital copy though, any one have any ideas how this is done.

Thanks for any help

Gary

Amazon Trade in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

mcgrailg wrote: »

Thanks for any help

Gary
    Not 100% sure, put PS3 version into PS4 then go to PS store and you should get an option to upgrade, you then have to use the ps3 disk to play the game.

They need to patch this game, the squad problems playing Seasons is getting tiresome.
    Nearly always get at least one error on load up, then a few times I've had my squad reset and have had to play with the default set up which can see you using some poor players(i.e Dortmund had a load of 65-75 players in the 11 a week or two back).

Also got matched with Madrid as Everton last night while 5-0-0 going for the D1 title and lost 3-2 when I'd have beat him with an equal team.
    If you can quit while the match loads then the second issue isn't as big since with patience(not skipping through intro) you can possibly time yourself out but didn't want to test that until I'd the first title won.
    Since they removed the 5min quit point, I'd rather they returned to the older system where you can see your opponents team before accepting. I shouldn't have to play Madrid everytime I want to pick a 5 star team and unless you can quit at some point of the load up this is unavoidable now.

Won my first D1 title last night in 'Seasons'.

62-10-14.

I can honestly say, even with a record like that.... I don't really like the game.
    I just don't see why they had to completely destroy the dribbling game. It's impossible to beat a player with any sort of turn unless you're holding skilled dribble which is just cumbersome(i.e if you're facing away you face up, can also run by accident if not pressing exactly together etc).

I'm the type of player who'll happily try to get some space around a packed box and hit a shot with a CM, it's just so hard now with the touches/sprint/dribbling inconsistencies. Just gives the defending team too much of an edge with a turnover since they can spam a ground pass out to their strikers feet and then worked the lofted balls.

Have conceded so many goals where I took either one touch with a defender or else tried to pass to the goalie first time and had it taken off me.

Still too many problems from the old engine still included aswell i.e players standing offside, KO's coming straight back, defensive headers too accurate over long distances, tackles always resulting in the ball rolling away and often straight back.

Some good additions like the chips, shooting.
    They'd want to change the dribbling system again for next year and stop making it feel like you're playing on ice, and add some penalties for trying to pass on the ground blind long distance and long lofted through balls(see KO lofted balls for just one example of why they're overpowered).

The camera angles are an even bigger problem this year, in previous years if you used the Tele camera with custom settings(I used 20 height and 0 zoom to maximise FOV) and played in the San Siro you'd play with a much closer angle. I get this has to do with the stands position but that's just taking realism to a ridicules level, I should be able to play with the same angle regardless of the TV camera's likely position. Seems even more stadiums are zoomed in so i had to give in and switch to co-op.

Also don't understand why they had to remove the player hubs, I liked to be able to check others Clubs players total game stats and the general seasons stat tracking.

Clubs is the saving grace this year.

It's close to being a great game, but a step backward IMO.... and not speaking from a sour grapes POV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I keep coming up online against Man City or Real Madrid and losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Just got FIFA 14 today, first one since FIFA 09, I love Career mode and Ultimate Team, I definately wont be leaving my room for the next few days lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

They need to patch this game, the squad problems playing Seasons is getting tiresome.
    Nearly always get at least one error on load up, then a few times I've had my squad reset and have had to play with the default set up which can see you using some poor players(i.e Dortmund had a load of 65-75 players in the 11 a week or two back).

Also got matched with Madrid as Everton last night while 5-0-0 going for the D1 title and lost 3-2 when I'd have beat him with an equal team.
    If you can quit while the match loads then the second issue isn't as big since with patience(not skipping through intro) you can possibly time yourself out but didn't want to test that until I'd the first title won.
    Since they removed the 5min quit point, I'd rather they returned to the older system where you can see your opponents team before accepting. I shouldn't have to play Madrid everytime I want to pick a 5 star team and unless you can quit at some point of the load up this is unavoidable now.

Won my first D1 title last night in 'Seasons'.

62-10-14.

I can honestly say, even with a record like that.... I don't really like the game.
    I just don't see why they had to completely destroy the dribbling game. It's impossible to beat a player with any sort of turn unless you're holding skilled dribble which is just cumbersome(i.e if you're facing away you face up, can also run by accident if not pressing exactly together etc).

I'm the type of player who'll happily try to get some space around a packed box and hit a shot with a CM, it's just so hard now with the touches/sprint/dribbling inconsistencies. Just gives the defending team too much of an edge with a turnover since they can spam a ground pass out to their strikers feet and then worked the lofted balls.

Have conceded so many goals where I took either one touch with a defender or else tried to pass to the goalie first time and had it taken off me.

Still too many problems from the old engine still included aswell i.e players standing offside, KO's coming straight back, defensive headers too accurate over long distances, tackles always resulting in the ball rolling away and often straight back.

Some good additions like the chips, shooting.
    They'd want to change the dribbling system again for next year and stop making it feel like you're playing on ice, and add some penalties for trying to pass on the ground blind long distance and long lofted through balls(see KO lofted balls for just one example of why they're overpowered).

The camera angles are an even bigger problem this year, in previous years if you used the Tele camera with custom settings(I used 20 height and 0 zoom to maximise FOV) and played in the San Siro you'd play with a much closer angle. I get this has to do with the stands position but that's just taking realism to a ridicules level, I should be able to play with the same angle regardless of the TV camera's likely position. Seems even more stadiums are zoomed in so i had to give in and switch to co-op.

Also don't understand why they had to remove the player hubs, I liked to be able to check others Clubs players total game stats and the general seasons stat tracking.

Clubs is the saving grace this year.

It's close to being a great game, but a step backward IMO.... and not speaking from a sour grapes POV.

I've scored a lot of goals using the Sprint Dribble. With pacey players who have high dribbling, if you get a bit of space you can go on devastating slalom runs. Aubameyang in particular is ruining people in UT for me.

Posted this already in ps4 section, ye guys might know more, is gamestop still offering upgrade to ps4 from ps3

I accidentally jumped back to page 51 or something on this forum and saw a thread titled ''FIFA 10 Review''.

So I decided to read it, from my recollection it was the best FIFA so what the score was isn't important.

What I found interesting is some of the compliments the reviewer pays the game.
    Pace is no longer as potent as it was in FIFA 09, for example, and this not only affects top-level strategy - you need to move the ball around to tempt players out of position instead, or use a bit of imagination and flair - but it closes off loopholes, so you can't simply rely on lofted through-balls, and winning a corner no longer leaves you so vulnerable to breakaways. At the same time, these changes are deftly managed, so fast-moving players remain influential, just not ludicrously so.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-10-review

It's kind of ironic that here we are, four years later and the issues he says they addressed are more evident than ever.

• Advertisement

I accidentally jumped back to page 51 or something on this forum and saw a thread titled ''FIFA 10 Review''.

So I decided to read it, from my recollection it was the best FIFA so what the score was isn't important.

What I found interesting is some of the compliments the reviewer pays the game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-10-review

It's kind of ironic that here we are, four years later and the issues he says they addressed are more evident than ever.

You could say fast players are becoming more dominant though irl

Advertisement