Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 (Next Gen)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Lads can anyone clear this up for me, I have FIFA 14 on Xbox 360 and I want to do the €15 upgrade to the Xbox One version, I am heading that Gamestop will do with without a receipt, you just need to give the game and €15?

I hope that is the case as I bought my copy in Xtravision and don't think they have a similar offer.
    Saw this on the GS Ireland twitter. Its for PS but i presume its the same for Xbox One - https://twitter.com/briancon22b/status/399211726748405760

So you've decided on Xbox One mikey?

Just on this, I knew it wouldn't be that easy with Gamestop. I went down to the Bray branch and was told I needed the original receipt from Gamsetop, to prove I bought it in the last 30 days, obviously I bought it on release which is over 30 days ago. Sound for that.

I rang Gamestop in Dun Laoghaire and was told it's down to the manager, he can approve it if he wants, he is in tomorrow so try then.

Pretty frustrating, but I'll give Dun L a go when I can.

Just on this, I knew it wouldn't be that easy with Gamestop. I went down to the Bray branch and was told I needed the original receipt from Gamsetop, to prove I bought it in the last 30 days, obviously I bought it on release which is over 30 days ago. Sound for that.

I rang Gamestop in Dun Laoghaire and was told it's down to the manager, he can approve it if he wants, he is in tomorrow so try then.

I honestly think the chap that runs the twitter account just set it up for the laugh and has nothing to do with GS. He always seems to have different answers compared to if you email GS directly.

He was adamant last week that all Xbox One pre orders would be delivered by nightline but that wasn't the case. An Post delivered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Does anyone know if you can still add in the custom chants and stadium music?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Amen to that!!!

At least I feel less silly for not finding it :)

This is pissing me off no end i mean my mates come over 2 or 3 times a week and we always set up a league scenario and play all the games against each other and see who finishs higher this is ridicoulos

This is pissing me off no end i mean my mates come over 2 or 3 times a week and we always set up a league scenario and play all the games against each other and see who finishs higher this is ridicoulos

surely it will be included as dlc at some stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I emailed Xtra-vision customer service, they confirmed they'll be running the upgrade to Next-Gen offer for 14.99.
    I received the email below about trading in the current gen FIFA 14 for the next gen version for 14.99 around the time of the release of FIFA 14 in Sept.

Can you confirm that this offer is happening? I've asked in two separate Xtravision branches, and both times the people I spoke to didn't seem to know anything about it. Do I need to print out this email and bring it in store on the day to avail of it?

Thanks
    Yes this offer is running and we will remind the stores again, our apologies about this

v3ttel wrote: »
    I emailed Xtra-vision customer service, they confirmed they'll be running the upgrade to Next-Gen offer for 14.99.

I have been told again that you need the receipt to upgrade, and the guy suggested emailing Gamestop, linking to the tweet that says you don't need it and asking them to authorise it directly to the branch I will be going in to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Got this on X1 today and im enjoying it so far, the first touch and shooting are much improved. Any tips on beating defenders on world class? Seems to be the hardest fifa yet to break down a defence they're all mind readers that can do 0-60 in 2 seconds. Even the mighty Ronaldo is no match for the pace of glichy. Im scoring nothing but sweaty rebounds since playing world class

Got this on X1 today and im enjoying it so far, the first touch and shooting are much improved. Any tips on beating defenders on world class? Seems to be the hardest fifa yet to break down a defence they're all mind readers that can do 0-60 in 2 seconds. Even the mighty Ronaldo is no match for the pace of glichy. Im scoring nothing but sweaty rebounds since playing world class

Have you played any of the other FIFA's offline?.

From playing clubs and the odd offline game in UT in previous years, I know the computer were next to impossible to take off the dribble.
    They don't commit to anything.
    Never sampled 14 bar 4/5 games in UT with a bronze starter team(no chemistry) who were impossible to play with so it wasn't a good indicator.

I don't think football games every truly worked offline but it was a necessary evil up until the 360/PS3 came out.
    Since 08 I've only played the bare minimum of offline football games(UT starting off, Clubs for boosting) and never found them enjoyable.
    Football is about decisions, ones AI can't seem to make at both ends to make a game enjoyable.

Ya sure, the odd online player can be a grief, but it's just far more enjoyable.
    Can play any other sport game offline, but football just doesn't work.

Can't imagine it being much worse in 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Have you played any of the other FIFA's offline?.

From playing clubs and the odd offline game in UT in previous years, I know the computer were next to impossible to take off the dribble.
    They don't commit to anything.
    Never sampled 14 bar 4/5 games in UT with a bronze starter team(no chemistry) who were impossible to play with so it wasn't a good indicator.

I don't think football games every truly worked offline but it was a necessary evil up until the 360/PS3 came out.
    Since 08 I've only played the bare minimum of offline football games(UT starting off, Clubs for boosting) and never found them enjoyable.
    Football is about decisions, ones AI can't seem to make at both ends to make a game enjoyable.

Ya sure, the odd online player can be a grief, but it's just far more enjoyable.
    Can play any other sport game offline, but football just doesn't work.

Can't imagine it being much worse in 14.

Iv played a lot of career in the previous fifas and im finding 14 the most frustrating to break down defences so far. Just playing a lot of friendlies to find my feet and its mainly backs to the wall from the other team while i dominate the game but cant seem to get enough goals.
    Its gonna take a bit of getting used to the new mechanics.

Its very realistic the way they line up to soak up pressure but if I do manage to get 5 yards on a defender they suddenly morph into usain bolt to track back and make the challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Anyone else having problems getting an online seasons match?
    It seems to say that only 600-odd people are online and takes 5-6 searches before it finds an opponent (now it could be that none are as low a star level as me).

Seems very small amount of people if FIFA came with almost all launch euopean XBox Ones.

then when it connects, it often drops or says Connection Lost or "We have detected your squad does not match that of your opponent and have cancelled the match"

I haven't customised the squads at all, and have tried to download the latest updates.

My NAT is shown as open, so shouldn't be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Yea the EA servers are ****e

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hello all,
    You may remember me. I'm FutureGuy. I was a mod here and I started all the leagues that have now all stopped :(

I haven't played FIFA since 10. I found online to be full of the most deplorable @rseholes in the gaming community.

Bought the XBOX One and saw this online for £20.

Don't mind if I do...

I have to say, I am remembering why I enjoyed FIFA so much - the reason? I'm staying away from online completely. :D

The graphics are superb, would definitely recommend it.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hello all,
    You may remember me. I'm FutureGuy. I was a mod here and I started all the leagues that have now all stopped :(

I haven't played FIFA since 10. I found online to be full of the most deplorable @rseholes in the gaming community.

Bought the XBOX One and saw this online for £20.

Don't mind if I do...

I have to say, I am remembering why I enjoyed FIFA so much - the reason? I'm staying away from online completely. :D

Welcome back :)

The more I get used to playing Fifa on the xb1 the more im loving it, I love playing a possession game and free flowing football works lovely on next gen. Also my possession is about 60% each game I must drive lads mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

FutureGuy wrote: »

And the AI isn't a cheating f**k when you're playing offline :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    And the AI isn't a cheating f**k when you're playing offline :D

That's true and the sliding tackle is actually useful and not an automatic Yellow Card :-)

Ye I'm playing a lot of Ultimate team against the CPU.

1st time in a long time Ive enjoyed playing the CPU (probably back to one of the pro eves on the ps2)

I play on ultimate difficulty which usually means you might as well put the controller down till they get a shot on goal but in this fifa they actually take heavy touches etc.

Also when you are attacking - the cpu defense dont just get the ball off you and lob it up to their forwards chest who is completely free 9/10. That always pissed me off so much in Fifa games.

I have been told again that you need the receipt to upgrade, and the guy suggested emailing Gamestop, linking to the tweet that says you don't need it and asking them to authorise it directly to the branch I will be going in to.

So I emailed Gamestop and I got this as a response:

"Hi Mikey

Thank you for your email and sorry for the late reply

Unfortunately to avail of the upgrade deal you must have a proof of purchase.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused"

Thats great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I got mine in Gamestop parkway today without the reciept :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

So I emailed Gamestop and I got this as a response:

"Hi Mikey

Thank you for your email and sorry for the late reply

Unfortunately to avail of the upgrade deal you must have a proof of purchase.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused"

Thats great.

Surely that makes sense though? Cant expect shops to just hand out games for 10-15 quid without proof that you previously gave them your custom?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Xtravision are offering me the upgrade without a receipt. Lad on the phone has one set aside for me tomorrow.

joe123 wrote: »
    Surely that makes sense though? Cant expect shops to just hand out games for 10-15 quid without proof that you previously gave them your custom?

Normally, yes. But it's a bit **** when some Gamestops think it's grand and you're told on Twitter its fine, only to be told you can't in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Anyone know if there's a way to get the goalscorers name to display after scoring a goal , its the strangest thing and makes no sense for them to remove the players name as he celebrates,

just played a few offline games on ps4 and i must say it looks spectacular and i like the way it plays

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

Was playing a seasons game there a while ago and they took a shot, keeper parried it, their player runs to keep it from going out for a corner and first time crosses it back in straight to my keeper at the near post and my keeper gets barged into the goal with the ball in his hands, goal.

Was playing a seasons game there a while ago and they took a shot, keeper parried it, their player runs to keep it from going out for a corner and first time crosses it back in straight to my keeper at the near post and my keeper gets barged into the goal with the ball in his hands, goal.

you obviously bought the limited edition FIFA 14 with old school 1950's rules where murdering the keeper is fair game

Anyone else on ultimate team get a recorded clip poping up every time there keeper makes a save so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ash_

This happened to me today, went to GameStop in Tallaght with a PS3 Fifa 14 to trade in for PS4 Fifa 14, got told that i need a receipt from GameStop which i don't have, I bought it from different store. When i told about the GameStop twitter and Facebook messages stating you don't need a receipt, he said retail stores don't have that offer and asked to try online. Looked up their website and couldn't find anything ... Bit annoyed now ..... :(

• Advertisement

Ash_ wrote: »
    This happened to me today, went to GameStop in Tallaght with a PS3 Fifa 14 to trade in for PS4 Fifa 14, got told that i need a receipt from GameStop which i don't have, I bought it from different store. When i told about the GameStop twitter and Facebook messages stating you don't need a receipt, he said retail stores don't have that offer and asked to try online. Looked up their website and couldn't find anything ... Bit annoyed now ..... :(

YES, the same thing with me. They suggested its for online and I was like "Oh, thats grand." and left, got home and there is fecking nothing about it online.

Just seen this about Xtravision doing the deal:

https://www.facebook.com/Xtravision/posts/648695151842155

and confirming you dont need receipt on twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Xtravision/status/403561682578202624

Whats weird is I used to work in Xtravision and have a few mates who still do, I asked them and they know nothing about it.

Advertisement