Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

Thank you do much to Oscar's ss. He's cuddled up on the cough with his new blanket, he worked hard this morn getting his new squeaky toy not to squeak anymore..succeeded after a few hours and I must say his treats have gone down really well, he adores them. Will try get pics up later 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

Molly loved her presents so much! To whoever her secret santa was thank you so much! they are the exact type of toy she loves! I really couldn't have chosen better myself!

Everyone i said to today about secret santa all agreed it was an amazing idea that so many adults all over the country would go shopping for a pet they have and probably will never meet!

I just want to thank silly mango so much for all the work she has put into it!!

rvhm.jpg
    w82w.jpg
    bq1n.jpg
    9pe4.jpg
    cdiw.jpg

sorry… i tried to embed the photos… i failed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Finally got home to let pa open his presents. Thanks so much to his SS! He loves everything, especially the reindeer. I'll try to put up some photos when I can coax him out from under the tree, he's back there playing with everything now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Persie panned out for the evening with her new favourite toy close by...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Harley and Phoe would like to thank their secret santa from the bottom of their veery full bellies. :D

They love the toys, the squeaky is already dead unfortunately but the rope and ball are still going strong! They've eaten their fill of treats and the lamb knots.

They're tired full and happy.

Thanks too, silly, brilliant job!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Thanks to Missy and Willow's secret Santa's, the presents are all lovely. Here's Missy examing hers
    http://youtu.be/6hQnUxNfBoY

Willow was having a strop so Fluffy the foster kitten stood in for her. He loved the toys!
    http://youtu.be/lVgHDnahFuY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Thank you very much to both of our secret santas for Charlie's and Bunty's presents. I nearly had to resuscitate Charlie when he realised the presents actually squeaked :p Buntys happy out licking the feathers on her catnip mouse :D I'v photos and videos on the way soon :)

And a big thank you to Sillymangox for organising it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Whoops, totally forgot to thank sillymangox for organising the whole thing! Can't have been easy to sort the whole thing out

I took a video of charlie's whole unwrapping on my phone and the file is corrupted and won't open :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Just let the pets go crazy with their new toys, Gonzo is currently sleeping in his igloo so whenever he wakes up tomorrow i'll give him his stuff :)

Moone is beside herself with excitement at all the new toys! Beau only wanted his bag of sweets (typical!) he played with his and vogues toys for ages! Vogue is still going crazy in the hall with her two little cat nip mice (which moone stole at least 5 times). The ball in Vogues toy was gone so we had to improvise with tin foil :D thank you to all of their secret santas and to silly mango!

Photo bomb! :D

Vogue

hmmm

Vogue

Vogue

CatNip? ...YES!

Beau helping himself to more

Moone wrecked after playing with all her toys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Thanks so much to Ruby's secret Santa, she loves her toy, flashing light in the ball really annoyed her! She spent ages playing with it this morning, then settled in the wrapping paper to shred that, lastly, she tried to get in the box, but her bum was too big!
    Thanks for the lovely card too, my daughter was very impressed!

To the rats secret Santa, thank you also, lily and Susan did their usual "oh what's this...can we eat it...nah not tasty" then off the bed again, but I suspect it was due to it being to early in the morning. Sadly only the 2 girls survived until today, they are a bit subdued due to losing there friends luna and Matilda in the last two weeks.
    The little bowl is very cute, they had dinner in it, and the bedding has been robbed and stuffed in their Sputnik!
    I have internet issues at the moment, will try and upload pics tomorrow or Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Zapperzy wrote: »
    I took a video of charlie's whole unwrapping on my phone and the file is corrupted and won't open :(

Nooooooo! We were all hoping for Charlie the Xmas Maniac Part Deux :D:D

anniehoo wrote: »
    Nooooooo! We were all hoping for Charlie the Xmas Maniac Part Deux :D:D

Ye'l just have to imagine it I'm afraid, he was just as hyper and excited as the last time, knew exactly what the box was as soon as I put it on the floor, started scratching at it to open it. :D He had to get a bit of help this time with a scissors but as soon as I'd the hard part done he done the rest expertly unwrapping each present :D

DSCF8787_zps560e95df.jpg
    DSCF8797_zpsc8feeef4.jpg
    DSCF8803_zps115bab5b.jpg
    DSCF4002_zpsbe3d820b.jpg
    DSCF4005_zps43f2d924.jpg
    DSCF4012_zps47090021.jpg
    DSCF4014_zps13ba3539.jpg
    DSCF4017_zps130e9101.jpg
    DSCF4019_zps9f5aeee2.jpg
    DSCF4020_zps887f544f.jpg

A big thank you to Charlie's secret santa for making him a very happy (and tired) dog tonight :D

A big thank you to Bunty's secret santa, ye got her spot on, couldn't have picked better toys for her myself and she loves her new blanket :D She had to get a bit of help from me opening them, she was never a good one for opening her own presents :p And in typical cat fashion she also liked the box they all came in :p

DSCF8767_zps7e44c795.jpg
    DSCF8768_zps0d340450.jpg
    DSCF8771_zps8e9f69c2.jpg
    DSCF8774_zpsbb8785ae.jpg
    DSCF8776_zps771267e5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Thank you very much to Rufus' secret santa. He loved everything and took great pleasure in quickly removing the squeak from one of the toys.

He was flinging the stag bar arounf the house, that will keep him going for a while!

Thanks again, I have a few pics and will get them up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Thanks to Rosie and Sandies Secret Santas.
    They had a great time opening their presents and playing with the toys which we had to take off them after a while They'll get them again tonight.

Have videos on youtube which will post the links to later.

Here's Sandie, Rosie couldn't stop herself from helping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mcCNHGR6uU

And here's Rosie. Funny feeling we're in for more of the same later when they get the toys back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUM_LvpTsjg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ste- wrote: »
    And here's Rosie. Funny feeling we're in for more of the same later when they get the toys back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUM_LvpTsjg

Lol :D:D "That's them busy for bout 10/15 minutes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

My Mam posted Peppers present on to me sometime last week! Hopefully it arrives today or tomorrow! If not something to look forward to after Christmas! I will post pics when it arrives... :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Huge thanks to SillyMangox for organizing the SS and also massive thanks to Poppy and Cinnamons SS's! Thay had an absolutely blast and I may or may not have gotten a bit teary at how lovely the presents were/how happy my little monkeys were :o

Most of the photos of Poppy came out blurry because as soon as she found the frog she turned into a rocket ship and it took about ten minutes to notice she had other presents to explore :P

dnya2o.jpg

xfb6gy.jpg

255q7mq.jpg

amxhfr.jpg

ymbzc.jpg

2qs14r6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Massive thank you to Lexi's SS, she is still sick so it will be after Christmas at this stage before she gets to open them but will post pics when she does. Also thanks to SMX :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

A very special thanks to my White Cloud Minnow's Secret Santa. The lovely home made Santa Hat gave my daughter a right laugh.

The skull ornament will look lovely in the tank.

The tasty looking bloodworm's turned my pleasant shoaling fish into piranaha's. Unfortunately brains is not their strong point & or else they are just blind as there is a pile of juicy worms now on the bottom of the tank!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭KDII

Thank you so so much to Harry's Secret Santa- Santa Paws :)

He is loving all his pressies and he has the card in pride of place beside his bed.

It was his 8th birthday yesterday too so he was feeling very festive altogether. He opened his gift at his party with all of his little mates.

Thanks so much for the organizing of this whole thing- my brain hurts even trying to comprehend the logistics of it!

Can't wait for next year already!

are we going to find out who sent the gifts or did people decide against that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

ene wrote: »
    are we going to find out who sent the gifts or did people decide against that?

17 people have voted for it so I'm not sure what to do!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Got a notice yday that there's a package for me at the post office! It must be Peppers gift! So excited :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I took pictures of mine last night, just need to upload them. I definitely know who one of my secret santas was :D They had half the stuff torn to shreds or broken literally within 5 minutes :pac: and they are getting great craic out of the box and wrapping paper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I think this info is correct but I'm sleep deprived so sorry if I got anyone's names wrong :P

So here is each pet’s name that entered, and beside them in spoilers is who bought for that person!

Peach –
    Zapperzy
    Cream -
    sparkle_23
    Dude -
    tk123
    The famous 5 -
    mymo
    Shadow -
    SingItOut
    Abbi -
    nala2012