Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Ladies and gentlemen, secret Santa is officially open!! Go rip, tear, and destroy the wrapping paper, and make sure your pets have enjoyed every present :D make sure to post pictures ASAP! I can't wait to see all the reactions, and of course another big big thank you for all co operating so well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Abbi waiting patiently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Am away at the minute but Rosie will get hers as soon as I get home tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

A very happy Border. Thank you to her SS.

Tomorrow it is the fish & hamsters turn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

My two are two sleepy at the moment so gonna wait till the morning even though I really want to open them now.. But I have to remind myself they're their presents not mine..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

There is a video on the way!

I decided to let Peach and Cream open their presents, because I'm drunk and need cheering up :D

Butterfly!!!

image_zpsc90d952f.jpg

Owl!!!

image_zpsd8068487.jpg

Cream stealing Peaches catnip

image_zps6c1ead6d.jpg

Peach enjoting her own catnip

image_zps3581b69b.jpg

She finally discovered the source of the tweeting

image_zps2abf13e3.jpg

And spent ages licking the wrapping paper

image_zps1f42e253.jpg

While Peach played with the catnip, Cream stole the box

image_zps3dcdb8a2.jpg

DO NOT WANT!!!!

image_zps2d13a3fd.jpg

Okay :(

image_zpsc05fb409.jpg

That turtle is looking at me funny...

image_zps821f5c19.jpg

Maybe I should kiss it...

image_zps610dea67.jpg

DIE TURTLE DIE!!!

image_zps33e4ee31.jpg

Needless to say, the really enjoyed both their presents :D Thak you so much to our secret santsas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Here we go:

Thanks very much to our secret santa, I enjoyed it just as much as he did. Nearly two hours later, the blue squeeky toy no longer squeeks and the green duck no longer has legs and he is still playing with them, big thumbs up for the liver treats too. As for the flashy tag, he might have preferred his toys and treats but I love it and it's going on in the morning before we head out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

That was a fantastic video of cooper!

Well, both ss pressies were opened here with very different results:D

Tara with her usual exuberance checks out her box
    DSC_1870.jpg

Rusty loves his treats

DSC_1874.jpg

Tara playing? with one of her toys

Can't load video - will try again later!

Now- Rusty is on his rounds as chief watchdog of the neighbourhood, and Tara is crying over her toy - squeekers send her mental:D

Thank you very much to their secret santa's - Merry Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Here Jago opening his present!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vqZe3tvr9A&feature=youtu.be

a quick video.. he decided to open the present in his favorite place :D

Have to be honest! When Jago finished to open the present and I saw the box I thought "???? mmmh ????" was not supposed to be a dog present???
    :(
    then I had the intelligent idea to open the box :D (my mind still sleeping) and yep, saw the balls, the treats and the very nice card from a charity :)
    Thanks to our SS also for the fun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Nala loved her pressie especially the rudolf teddy, she wouldn't leave it to go out to pee. She was nice enough to share the other one with her foster brother elvis! Thanks to her ss

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Bart loved his present and his home made card. He got some fab stuff but one thing I do have make a special mention about. Bart is allergic to chicken and cannot eat anything that contains chicken or chicken/poultry fat or meat derivitives. His secret santa had this info and went above and beyond to find a bag of treats for Bart that has none of the above in it which is brilliant! I am delighted and so will Bart when he gets his treats later. Thank you so much.

Fred in true form is taking it all in his stride. He was very pleases with a box of treats and a super toy that he wil really enjoy! Thank you!

Fred and Bart waiting patiently to open presents.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well after 2 hrs of playing and crying over her toy - it's been confiscated! Sorry Tara I need a break!! You can go and play with your other stuff!

Although I think she thinks we are playing hide and seek as she is running round the house looking for it:-P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Lexi was sick this morning so hopefully she is better when I get home from work and we'll open the presents then. Thanks SS!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Big thanks to my pets' three Secret Santas! I think I know who all of you are now. :D

I'll start with the dogs... sorry about the blurred photos. No one would sit still.

The presents were beautifully wrapped in kitten paper. Henry took ages deciding which to open first.

nc10g6.jpg

2ed7h1i.jpg

He was delighted with the toys - rope toys are his favourite and for some reason he also loves small toys that he can take into his bed and lick. :confused: (Note Jess's look of feigned disinterest. He did share his treats with her afterwards though.)

30bi8mx.jpg

Kiwi the chicken was up next. I'm delighted with their presents and the handmade card and labels!

6fr1uu.jpg

I hung up one of the pecking blocks using sparkly Christmas ribbon as I coudn't find any string. They were all a bit dubious at first about this strange thing hanging from the sky...

2ntle6b.jpg

but I looked out a while ago and they were all gathered around it. No point in trying to get a pic because if I go out they'll all just stampede towards me. :rolleyes:

Kiwi is ecstatic, she's so very happy. No, really, she is.

2eohb87.jpg

Louise was up next and she was overcome with so many presents. :) The homemade ones were a big hit and she spent a few minutes kicking and shredding one of them.

246s0lh.jpg

She also absolutely LOVED the snake!

2dw7pe1.jpg

2wghls3.jpg

Freddie put in an appearance and managed to choose the most girly toy to play with.

2qlaidi.jpg

All their cards are under the tree.

24l53jb.jpg

Big thanks again, you've made me and my pets very happy!

ETA: Massive, big, huge thanks to SillyMangoX for organising it this year! I can't imagine how much work it must have been!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I havent been home the past few days and am currently on a bus so i will post pics of moone, gonzo, beau & vogue with their presents later tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Persie loves her new bone, mumbles teddy has been robbed by Tara my sisters dog who is stayin with us over Christmas..Persie and mumble are having a tug of war over mumbles blankets.
    Oh wait Persie just snatched the teddy and bolted down the garden with mumble chasing behind.. They've all gone mad basically but loving their pressies..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Felix loves his presents. These are his favourites...

90cUuzp.jpg

u8o2yPO.jpg

PKtWzS7.jpg

eWvgWWj.jpg

Thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Happy Secret Santa day!! Eddie had a great time. Thanks a million for all his gorgeous pressies. He got the same fab fleecey blanket that Beanie got in the first years SS. :D

In true cat style he also loved the wrapping paper as much as the presents :p:pac:

3n5n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I always let the hens out of their run to roam around the garden at the weekend. Salt, Pepper and Squid are out raiding what's left of my vegetable patch, but Kiwi is still in the run working on her pecking block. I think I can safely say it's a success. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Thanks so much to buddy's secret Santa. He loves his kong wubba. He's knocking great craic out of it here :) I can't throw it without singing "WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY"!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Thank you so much Ozzy and Brody for Rosie's fantastic Secret Santa presents! She loves them!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Today was official opening day, but Kayla cheated...I took the package in out of the car last week as I was cleaning it, and herself managed to find it and make the tiny tear on the side a bit bigger, running off with glee brandishing the (I assume) wonderfully aromatic pig's ear that was contained within. Her first one ever, and she thoroughly enjoyed it!!
    9435e517-d04c-4904-a0a2-4fe92e78f783_zpsec5ef359.jpg

She finally got to open the rest of her package late last night (after midnight ;) )

73d1a46f-e6a6-4d4e-8718-6b7dd8425fe5_zpse994bf2c.jpg

She immediately ran off with the rawhide shoe inside and spent a satisfying age demolishing it (I'll try upload a vid later) before retiring to bed, completely tuckered out, to snuggle under her lovely new fleece...

a006c145-5c0c-4535-9512-da3909d823cf_zpsfabc006e.jpg

THANK YOU so much to her Secret Santa, she loved her prezzies :D:D
    Pretty sure I know who sent the package if the card is anything to go by- thank you for all the goodies, Kayla had a ball (speaking of- I've been trying to get a decent picture with that ball in her mouth but she won't sit still!! It looks hilarious though :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks so much to Bailey and Lucy's Secret Santas for their lovely presents! :) I recorded Bailey opening his but it came out too dark/grainy :( Lucy opening her's is below - the squeaky santa is her fav so far :) (She's still mucky from our morning walk in the video - normally she's clean lol! )

285640.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Thank you so much to Jazz and Walters SS. I have a video of Walter working hard at unwrapping his.... figured out why when he pulled out a pigs ear. He was over the mmoon, he had never had one before.
    Jazz's secret santa must have spent ages on her presents, they were beautifully wrapped and she had a grwat time unwrapping them
    I will upload pics/video when I'm back on laptop

Dude loves his little tennis balls, I can't put up pictures as any I took are a bit graphic with stitches on display but he loves them, he already loved the little mice from when we opened them, and the ball circuit thing, I attached it onto the rest of the one we have and have made a giant one now so he is going crazy with it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

me and KD11 opened ours together so harry and molly were so excited and chaos occurred pretty much immediately!

photos will be put up later!

Advertisement