Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭fredweena

George Patrick's arrived yesterday! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

So we're nearly there, only 6 presents left to arrive. Ye have all been as good :D 8 days till opening time :P

Only 5 presents left to arrive, please let me know ASAP when your present arrives just so we know there are no problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Only 5 presents left to arrive, please let me know ASAP when your present arrives just so we know there are no problems!

You have done a brilliant job!! Thanks soooooo much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Yay!
    Postie just dropped off a parcel wrapped in a lab puppy in Santa hat, bag. I believe it's the rattie girls present!
    Thank you secret Santa.
    Well done sillymangox.
    X

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I think Felix's present has arrived, it rattles anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Just home & there is a package in the post office for me. I' m not expecting so it must be my SS.

According to my records, every package should have now arrived! If this information is incorrect please PM me asap.

Thank you all so much for co operating so well :D only 5 days left till we can let our beloved furry, feathered and scaled families rip open their presents :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Cooper's present was the last to arrive, considering I've had to put it up over the fridge because he tried to steal it I think opening day should be fun! Can't wait!

Big thanks to SillyMango for all the hard work that was put into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

What a massive relief to hear ALL pressies have been safely delivered. Santa did an early run just for us :D:D

Can I just say a massive thanks to SillyMangoX for taking on SS this year. It may look like an easy job, but it really isn't and you made it look effortless.
    Well done. You've been fantastic and every single one of us are rooting for Dude to get better.;)

Lads, we're really proud that this is the 4th year that Secret Santa has been run successfully without any hitches, so lots of thanks have to go to all of you too. If one person fails...the whole thing fails,so we're really grateful that you have always gotten behind the spirit of this thread.

I cannot wait to see the pics (or videos, no pressure lol) of the SS I got. I thoroughly enjoyed it this year and learned an awful lot in the process :pac::pac:

Happy Christmas Boardsies and to all of your fab Pets. :p

I think I can guess who'll be first to open their pressie at midnight on Sat
    >points at Silly :p:p

I won't be far behind!:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I'd like to echo the thanks and appreciation of everyone's efforts this year, especially sillymango who continued in the face of adversity!
    I'd also like to encourage every to PLEASE post pics and vids of their pets opening and/or enjoying their SS presents! We're all dying to share in the excitement and laughs!

It's been an absolute pleasure to do it, even though there was more work involved than I realised :P this whole thing has really helped me keep distracted, and at least Dude should still be here for the official present opening, which as anniehoo predicted, will be happening at the stroke of midnight here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i think it's a Christmas miracle that An Post managed to deliver 60 parcels and not lose 1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I finally got to the Post Office & collected the last of my SS packages. It is for Shadow the hamster.

Thank you from ShadowðŸ­

I'm going putting the SS presents under the tree tonight as I'm putting the rest of the presents I've gotten for people under it, try and make the place a bit more Christmassy!! Hopefully Cream won't steal anything this time, or go loopy and rip them all open..

Edit: Scrap that, it's Peach is the problem. She took one sniff at the box, her pupils dilated and now she's rolling around. Catnip for sure!!

I'm going putting the SS presents under the tree tonight as I'm putting the rest of the presents I've gotten for people under it, try and make the place a bit more Christmassy!! Hopefully Cream won't steal anything this time, or go loopy and rip them all open..

Edit: Scrap that, it's Peach is the problem. She took one sniff at the box, her pupils dilated and now she's rolling around. Catnip for sure!!

Lol, our SS gift is up over the fridge, otherwise it would be stolen and I would have ripped envelope all over the place and a very happy dog!

I'm not sure if many of you want to know who got who for the Sectet Santa, so I will take it to a vote from the participants. There are 36 people who entered this year, so if more than half 'thank' this post (that's 18 I think :P) I will post the draw with spoilers for those who don't want to see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm not sure if many of you want to know who got who for the Sectet Santa, so I will take it to a vote from the participants. There are 36 people who entered this year, so if more than half 'thank' this post (that's 18 I think :P) I will post the draw with spoilers for those who don't want to see :)

Isn't the whole point of a Secret Santa being a SECRET ;)

scudzilla wrote: »
    Isn't the whole point of a Secret Santa being a SECRET ;)

The way I've done secret Santas before (with people :P) is that you keep it secret up until the day of the present giving, then you find out who got who! I don't know if other people do it that way so that's why I said I'd leave ye vote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Sticking it up in spoilers should please everyone surely. They dont have to look! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

The way I've done secret Santas before (with people :P) is that you keep it secret up until the day of the present giving, then you find out who got who! I don't know if other people do it that way so that's why I said I'd leave ye vote :)

To me that's how secret Santa works too! I signed a card with my username last year and again this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I don't mind if people know whose SS I am. We all talk about our pets and know each others pets names. We've probably all had a sneaky peek at the profile of the person we got anyway. So I'm happy to go along with the vote of the majority. Whatever people feel comfortable with.

Is it cheating to allow SS to be opened at midnight? :P

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Is it cheating to allow SS to be opened at midnight? :P

Not in the slightest :D

Not in the slightest :D

Yay less than 2 and a half hours to go.

I think I'm going to wait until Dude comes home tomorrow to let my guys at theirs, then they can all open their presents together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Ooooooh I thought we were opening on Christmas day!!
    Uuuuh tomorrow niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

(I would like to open it at midnight, but if it's an exciting toy will be difficult to convince Jago to sleep then :P )

Only another hour to go! And I DEMAND pictures!!!! And videos, especially from Zapperzy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Only another hour to go! And I DEMAND pictures!!!! And videos, especially from Zapperzy :P

No pressure :p

• Advertisement

Zapperzy wrote: »
    No pressure :p

Charlie has a lot to live up to from his last video :P

Advertisement