Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rant Thread(a place to dump ur baggage)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Pedestrians. F*ckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 foralongtime

[Rant] I actually don't like names being printed on race numbers. You don't know me. [/rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Looking at upcoming race info the other day. There was a section telling you what your entry covered. List was pretty thin, chip timing, accurate course, couple of other things and the piece de resistance VAT, yes value added tax. Seriously fcuk off!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

<takes a deep breath>
    Cucumbers
    Queues, bloody hate queuing, especially when it’s for some something I don’t need
    Queue jumpers
    Blokes who pi$$ all over the toilet seat
    Laces that are too short
    Armrest wrestlers on aeroplanes
    When the person behind you in a plane uses your seat to haul themselves up
    Airport security, especially the muppet that takes forever
    People who are constantly late
    Getting a fly in my eye or mouth while running
    Dieters and celebrity diets
    Price labels that don’t come off
    Stupid packaging that requires a Stanley knife and a degree in medicine to remove
    Cucumbers
    Dogs off leads when I’m running
    People walking on the inside lane of the track
    Having to find something in the attic
    Laces that are too long
    Skinny bog roll
    Emptying the dishwasher
    Someone who takes up 2 car spaces
    People who stop at amber traffic lights
    Daytime TV [Jeremy Kyle, etc]
    Squeaky chalk on a chalkboard or knife on a plate
    Chuggers and door-to-door salespeople
    Smokers at the entrance of a premises
    Find the car seat in a different position if MrsBeepBeep has been driving my car
    Lists, no actually I like lists
    Oh and cucumbers, did I mention cucumbers!
    <and breathe>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

The worst for me is when I'm at my local running track doing a session and there's a group of walkers taking up the first 2 lanes, move out to lane 8 like! There's clearly a sign up saying walkers/joggers use lane 7/8 and keep the inside lanes free for people doing sessions. Every time I'd pass them they'd get a fright and let out a big gasp yet they still won't move. It's not like they don't know I'm there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Injuries. Nuff said.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Being asked 'is everything all right?' in a restaurant just after you put food in your mouth - I swear they watch & wait to ask !

Hairdressers small talk - were you on holidays, going out tonight?, ever think of getting highlights, any plans foe Christmas, Easter ..... - seriously tempted just to shave my head sometimes (but then I'm just odd !)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 foralongtime

kit3 wrote: »
    Hairdressers small talk

I went to a new place to get my hair cut last month and just after we started, the guy said 'now I want to concentrate on cutting your hair so I won't be talking much'. Music to my ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Am i just a grumpy bollix or is thisy place full fcukin experts ...
    I think odyesses shud enter this thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

dna_leri wrote: »
    Rant: Running on a narrow path, two male runners approaching so they go in single file so we can all pass. Later same situation with two female runners but they stay side by side so I have to run into the mud. Not the first time its happened, why?

a sharp inhale and start bracing for impact, works every time.

• Advertisement

[rant] self service tills at the supermarket - my little girl puts a tennis ball on the machine - 'there is an unidentified item
    on the shelf please remove ' - she takes it off. Then - 'an item has been removed - please return it'. She puts it back. Then 'there is an unidentified item ....' etc, etc. Bring back the human beings please - at least we can pass the time of day with them. -Rant over - thanks um1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Media people pronouncing foreign names in a generic "foreign" accent

ultraman1 wrote: »
    I think odyesses shud enter this thread....

Odyesses could probably get quite a bit of work on any of the DCM threads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

5 seconds, 5 f&cking seconds.

To top the week off, the wind today broke the arm holding the receiver on my sky dish. So not only can I not run for a month due to a torn hammer, I'm also stuck watching kids DVDs for the evening. I f&cking hate UP.

Gavlor wrote: »
    5 seconds, 5 f&cking seconds.

To top the week off, the wind today broke the arm holding the receiver on my sky dish. So not only can I not run for a month due to a torn hammer, I'm also stuck watching kids DVDs for the evening. I f&cking hate UP.

UP is as bad as it gets ! Get netflix on your computer - can also hook up to your tv if you have a wii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

kit3 wrote: »
    UP is as bad as it gets ! Get netflix on your computer - can also hook up to your tv if you have a wii

Mrs g is out and the tablet is in her car.... But I never thought of the wii!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Rant: Running on a narrow path, two male runners approaching so they go in single file so we can all pass. Later same situation with two female runners but they stay side by side so I have to run into the mud. Not the first time its happened, why?

I never usually have a problem with other runners of either gender. People out walking side by side are a nightmare though - particularly couples. I'm sorry if my run is messing up your romantic stroll but if you'd just stop holding hands and move into the side of the path for 5 seconds, I'll be out of your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

drquirky wrote: »
    As requested by TRR:

Threads about "how to run in the winter"

If the running/athletics forum is not open to novices looking for help from those who know better then perhaps they should have that in the charter. Im very grateful to the posters who took the time to offer advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

If the running/athletics forum is not open to novices looking for help from those who know better then perhaps they should have that in the charter. Im very grateful to the posters who took the time to offer advice.

First:
    it's a rant thread.

Second:
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?sort=best&date_to=&date_from=&query=winter+running&forum=972

Third:
    You are welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Rant - People who ask me "have you tried chamomile/peppermint tea?" when I tell them I haven't slept more than 3 hours for the last week :mad: GGGRRRR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Ranting about a rant in the rant thread, I like it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

1. People who start at the front of a fun run, clearly not runners as they don't even possess a pair of trainers, and then make everyone else zig zag around them.
    2. People racing, but slower than the people behind them, but block anyone from going around them. I had to ask two people recently to run in single file so people could get by. I look like the bullying moaner but they're the selfish so and so's (I think one of them had headphones so couldn't hear the heavy breathing behind them)
    3. Fast runners in a race doing a cool down back towards the runners still racing - that just kills your confidence - try another route show off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Big Logger

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Just think how differently that Novices thread could have ended up had it not been for some essential ranting in its infancy. Ranting can be good.

Rant: The way the nomination for mentor was dealt with last year was shameful.
    I wasn't for or against any of the nominees although having 3 people running one thread would've been chaotic.
    There should however be a lesson learnt from the mess that it turned into as is evident from the name of the novice thread.

Suggestion: There should be a list of people who want to be nominated or are happy to be put forward for the roll and then it should go to a vote similar to what you have with the nominees for best report of the year etc.

I'm not pointing any fingers or judging anyone since most everyone seemed to be embroiled in the 'difference of opinion' :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

First Can I not rant in response then?

Second. ..the thread I started was nothing to do with gear

Third I though boards was a discussion forum not a search engine :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Big Logger wrote: »
    Rant: The way the nomination for mentor was dealt with last year was shameful.
    I wasn't for or against any of the nominees although having 3 people running one thread would've been chaotic.
    There should however be a lesson learnt from the mess that it turned into as is evident from the name of the novice thread.

Suggestion: There should be a list of people who want to be nominated or are happy to be put forward for the roll and then it should go to a vote similar to what you have with the nominees for best report of the year etc.

I'm not pointing any fingers or judging anyone since most everyone seemed to be embroiled in the 'difference of opinion' :D.

No room for democracy. Back to the tried and true dictatorship next time round

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

ecoli wrote: »
    No room for democracy. Back to the tried and true dictatorship next time round

Just pick someone that doesn't inspire half the elders to form an uprising. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Rants / Hates

People with superiority complexes.
    Hecklers when out running. Irony of a chubby fecker shouting run fat boy run is obviously lost.
    Similar mentality of those who think its hilarious to throw bangers at the passing runner.
    People who hang the L plate on a car back to front or upside down. Truly pisses me off !
    People who sing along to songs when they are **** singers especially when said singing involves harmonising.
    Noisy bastards who wake up babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Just pick someone that doesn't inspire half the elders to form an uprising. ;)

Rightly so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

drquirky wrote: »
    Rightly so!

Mod: We are NOT digging this up again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

ecoli wrote: »
    Mod: We are NOT digging this up again

[Rant] mods sticking their noses in when drquirky wants to start a virtual fight :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement