Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Tour de France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Inquitus wrote: »

Her rice bars are the absolute business. I've copied the recipe in another video and the results are fantastic.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Brian? wrote: »

Do you have a text version of the recipe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

So FDJ not bringing Nacer Bouhanni to the Tour (which must be a blow to a Frenchman) They are relying on Demare (who cannot stand Bouhanni) and Tibaut (who didn't do too well at TdeSuisee) Bouhanni had a good Giro and seemed to get over mountains well (and at the Tour de Sud at weekend)...Guess that is one man on the move this year

Likewise Warren Barguil....not in Giant Tour team, which I know is a sprint team mainly but he is a rider who could win mountain stages as he did in the Vuleta 2013...Another man on the move I guess

News from Lampre is the Chris Horner's numbers are better than at the Vuelta 2103 :eek: and they have a bit of a dilemma as to whether he or Rui Costa should be leader ...Costa's contract also up this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

MPFG wrote: »
    News from Lampre is the Chris Horner's numbers are better than at the Vuelta 2103 :eek:

damn supervets.... :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

So FDJ not bringing Nacer Bouhanni to the Tour (which must be a blow to a Frenchman) They are relying on Demare (who cannot stand Bouhanni) and Tibaut (who didn't do too well at TdeSuisee) Bouhanni had a good Giro and seemed to get over mountains well (and at the Tour de Sud at weekend)...Guess that is one man on the move this year

Likewise Warren Barguil....not in Giant Tour team, which I know is a sprint team mainly but he is a rider who could win mountain stages as he did in the Vuleta 2013...Another man on the move I guess

News from Lampre is the Chris Horner's numbers are better than at the Vuelta 2103 :eek: and they have a bit of a dilemma as to whether he or Rui Costa should be leader ...Costa's contract also up this year

Where did you read about Horners numbers?

godtabh wrote: »
    Where did you read about Horners numbers?

Heard about it on Velocast podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bouhanni had a good Giro and seemed to get over mountains well (and at the Tour de Sud at weekend)
    There's no change Bouhanni is gonna win a sprint against Cavendish, Kittle, Greipel and Sagan. Probably another 5/6 who are at Bouhanni's level too. Presume they're all going to the TDF. What's the point in bringing him to battle for the mnor places.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 keowny8

Well folks... Gonna head to the Pyrenees this year. take in 2 stages on the wednesday & Thursday. I will be staying in Lourdes for 3 nights. Can any of you tell me the best way to get to see the Tour. Would love to get up 1 of the mountains. Is it only the Campers that get up? Do any people just walk up them etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

keowny8 wrote: »
    Well folks... Gonna head to the Pyrenees this year. take in 2 stages on the wednesday & Thursday. I will be staying in Lourdes for 3 nights. Can any of you tell me the best way to get to see the Tour. Would love to get up 1 of the mountains. Is it only the Campers that get up? Do any people just walk up them etc...

Take your bike and cycle up.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I did it last year. People either drove or cycled up for the most part. Cycling meant you could make a quicker exit once the stage was finished. Traffic on the climb would be quite heavy, but you can still move through the crowds on a bike. If you had a car or a camper you might be half the night getting down. If Lourdes is too far away from the stages, I'd suggest driving somewhere within striking distance and then cycling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Heard about it on Velocast podcast

When I was reading that post about Horner I thought someone must have been listening to the Velocast.

The stolen bees story on yesterday's episode was very funny

drogdub wrote: »
    When I was reading that post about Horner I thought someone must have been listening to the Velocast.

The stolen bees story on yesterday's episode was very funny

I am a bigger fan of Richard Moores cycling podcast http://thecyclingpodcast.com/?page_id=3037 or www.speedmetalcycling.com
    but happened to listen to Velocast last night to catch up

I am a bigger fan of Richard Moores cycling podcast http://thecyclingpodcast.com/?page_id=3037 or www.speedmetalcycling.com
    but happened to listen to Velocast last night to catch up

Ye Richard Moore's podcast is excellent. Must have a listen to the speedmetal cycling one. Realy enjoy Veloclub Don Logan too.

Oh I haven't listened to Veloclub Don Logan ...will give it a try....thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

Can any of you tell me the best way to get to see the Tour. Would love to get up 1 of the mountains. Is it only the Campers that get up? Do any people just walk up them etc...

Stayed in a campsite at the bottom of Alpe D'huez last year. Got up at the crack of dawn and drove up with a car full of supplies (i.e. wine) just before the roads closed. Had the bikes in the car to get off the mountain quickly when it was all over. Cycled up the next day and picked up the car. Will probably do the same on Tourmalet this year.

A lot of people just walk up on the Alpe!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

luapenak wrote: »
    Stayed in a campsite at the bottom of Alpe D'huez last year. Got up at the crack of dawn and drove up with a car full of supplies (i.e. wine) just before the roads closed. Had the bikes in the car to get off the mountain quickly when it was all over. Cycled up the next day and picked up the car. Will probably do the same on Tourmalet this year.
    That's a day I would definitely like to do some year. Hoping to combine it with Etape

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Where did you hear rui costas contact is up?

I did hear a discussion that he may not stay at Lampre ...can't remember where and his contract allows him to go if he wants ...must have been one of the podcasts ....but sorry his contract is until 2015 so I was mistaken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

he only signed a one year contract with lampre

I see Eddie Boss is out injured now. I wonder will Deignan end up going. He's going well, had a good Tour de Suisse and with the injury in early season and lack of racing might be able to hold his form.

I see Eddie Boss is out injured now. I wonder will Deignan end up going. He's going well, had a good Tour de Suisse and with the injury in early season and lack of racing might be able to hold his form.

he said the same on sticky bottle after the Tour de Suisse. Probably depends on Froome

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I was about to post the same.

Sky haven't named their extended squad yet, but ProCyclingStats.com have listed the following riders in the TdF team (and they are usually fairly accurate):
    FROOME, Christopher
    NIEVE, Mikel
    THOMAS, Geraint
    PORTE, Richie
    KIRYIENKA, Vasil
    SIUTSOU, Kanstantsin
    KENNAUGH, Peter

So presuming they will all make it, that leaves two spots free.

Here is the rest of their roster:
    BOASSON HAGEN, Edvald Injured
    BOSWELL, Ian Tour of Austria
    CATALDO, Dario
    DEIGNAN, Philip
    DOMBROWSKI, Joe Tour of Austria
    EISEL, Bernhard
    HENAO, Sergio Injured
    KNEES, Christian
    LOPEZ, David
    PATE, Danny
    PUCCIO, Salvatore Hasn't raced since the Giro
    STANNARD, Ian Injured
    SUTTON, Chris
    SWIFT, Ben
    TIERNAN-LOCKE, Jonathan Banned
    WIGGINS, Bradley Froome doesn't want him
    ZANDIO, Xabier

These riders are either too young or too inexperienced imo:
    EARLE, Nathan
    EDMONDSON, Joshua
    ROWE, Luke
    HENAO, Sebastian

That still leaves 9 riders who are all capable of being good domestiques....
    Catalodo has ridden 11 Grand Tours, but never the TdF. Deignan has 7 GTs under his belt, but he also has never ridden le Tour. While Eisel, Knees, Lopez, Pate and Zandio have all ridden the TdF multiple times. Eddie Bos was a bit of a option in the sprints, but even with him gone, I still don't think they'll pick their main sprinter Ben Swift.

I'd love if it was Deignan but it will more lilely be Cataldo, Pate or Lopez

I'd love if it was Deignan but it will more lilely be Cataldo, Pate or Lopez

Throw knees on that list and your probably down to three from that five.They can all climb I wonder if the cobble stage and who would be best for that stage might decide it. How would Deignan go on them?

Throw knees on that list and your probably down to three from that five.They can all climb I wonder if the cobble stage and who would be best for that stage might decide it. How would Deignan go on them?

Don't know about the cobbles ...but it is a major issue.....never seen Deignan on any cobbles

SKY brought mostly climbers last year and were caught out on the flat esp when Thomas was injured.......no point in all the climbers if Froome loses time in first week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Deignan finished 108th in the 2012 edition of Shelderprijs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

Is the Tour de France being shown on any free to air tv channels or must one subscribe to 1 of the many pay to view sports channels?

• Advertisement

lismore7 wrote: »
    Is the Tour de France being shown on any free to air tv channels or must one subscribe to 1 of the many pay to view sports channels?

Its on ITV 1

Advertisement