Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Big Nelly wrote: »
    It used to pop up in the video as well.....

Thanks Guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

k123456 wrote: »
    Thanks Guys
    You're even using vdubt25 speak now!! "OK Guys" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Lads anyone tried this app?
    It basically puts everything u need on your xbmc on your Android.
    I put it on my S4 and it's brilliant so far.
    Has live TV with vdubt25 and epg and lots more

http://koditime.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

iggy wrote: »

Edit....sorry was something different....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

BenThere wrote: »
    The URL he tells you to enter in the video has changed. It took me an hour to figure that out. the new URL is listed at the top of the description to the video, underneath where the video plays. Let me know if you can't find it.

He mentions in the video that the URL is different and it is written too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

Apologies if this is the wrong place but could anyone tell me how I get around the error message "script failed plugin video" on all add ons I try to stream from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I updated my Android Box last night to Gotham 13.2 and had to add all my add on's again.

But ive gone to watch a few different things today and i keep getting this message " One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details".

Seems to be happening on most streams i choose. It only seems to be happening on GOTV

Any suggestions please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Has anyone been able to get iptv working on minix x8 h, running the factorby installed gotham version , that comes with the minix

tried it tonight, but when i click system>live tv>general>enabled it freezes, i have to reboot the box.
    i'm using "xmbc hub custom wizard edition" , is that the problem?

donegal. wrote: »
    tried it tonight, but when i click system>live tv>general>enabled it freezes, i have to reboot the box.
    i'm using "xmbc hub custom wizard edition" , is that the problem?

Majority of the time the factory installed firmware on the Minix is crap and will have loads of issues. You need to upgrade the firmware. You can get from here: http://www.minixforum.com/forums/neo-x8-h-x8.18/

There is an official and unofficial version available. Both are in Beta. There is supposed to be a official non-Beta firmware released next week.

I am running the unofficial firmware since I bought and have had no issues with it

The out of the box firmware had issues with ethernet connection, play store freezing, XBMC when I got it up and running would not connect to channels...

I would say upgrade the firmware and try again.....if you ask any questions on the forum above they will recommend to upgrade firmware first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

bigron2109 wrote: »
    I updated my Android Box last night to Gotham 13.2 and had to add all my add on's again.

But ive gone to watch a few different things today and i keep getting this message " One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details".

Seems to be happening on most streams i choose. It only seems to be happening on GOTV

Any suggestions please?

Bump Any one has a Idea?

Same thing is happening again with GOTV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Anyone upgrade to Gotham 13.2 and have problems adding sources for videos? I can't get the context menu under videos

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Bump Any one has a Idea?

Same thing is happening again with GOTV.

Uninstall XBMC

Reboot device

Reinstall XBMC

REboot device before opening

Try then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Folks, cant get live TV enabled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH_gkjC1Omc

if you go to one minute , 30 sec into the vid above, you will see the point, where you click enabled
    when i click enabled , the radio button, should go blue to signify it has been selected

What happens is I click enabled, and the button does not turn blue, in other words, "Live TV" cannot be enabled
    How tried several times, rebooting box, XBMC etc

I cannot navigate , from here at this point, and need to boot the box

using minix 8 xh, default factory supplied xbmc 13.1 original firmware
    Any ideas please

Hi Folks, cant get live TV enabled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH_gkjC1Omc

if you go to one minute , 30 sec into the vid above, you will see the point, where you click enabled
    when i click enabled , the radio button, should go blue to signify it has been selected

What happens is I click enabled, and the button does not turn blue, in other words, "Live TV" cannot be enabled
    How tried several times, rebooting box, XBMC etc

I cannot navigate , from here at this point, and need to boot the box

using minix 8 xh, default factory supplied xbmc 13.1 original firmware
    Any ideas please

Maybe try doing a clean install and use 13.2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Thanks for this, works very well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Has anyone got live TV working on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I have this on my oneplus and its a brilliant app.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

From now on, XBMC will be named Kodi. 13.2 Gotham will be the last XBMC named version
    http://xbmc.org/download/

I have decided to buy the Neo X8-H.I'm not in a huge panic to get is so geekbuying is the cheapest option but I am worried about getting hit with customs.
    Whats the rate I would pay if I did have to pay charges ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

yabadabado wrote: »
    I have decided to buy the Neo X8-H.I'm not in a huge panic to get is so geekbuying is the cheapest option but I am worried about getting hit with customs.
    Whats the rate I would pay if I did have to pay charges ?

23% + 6 Euro An Post handling fee I think.

Blade wrote: »
    23% + 6 Euro An Post handling fee I think.
    Didn't realise it was that much.If that's the case I might as well buy from elsewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Didn't realise it was that much.If that's the case I might as well buy from elsewhere.

Yeah, better off buying from the UK. Not sure exactly how much it works out probably around 130? There's some links on this thread. I think it's basically cheaper from China if you don't get hit with the VAT but dearer if you do, so it's a chance you take. But at least from the UK you'll get it a lot quicker.

it is VAT. Most things are 23%. Exceptions are children's shoes and books (and there are others)

Cheers folks think I'll go with futeko works out about €137 which I don't think any Irish sellers can match.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I have this on my oneplus and its a brilliant app.

On this app, which is the dogs Bollocks by the way, the mp3 streams play for 7 or 8 seconds then skip on

Is there a way to change this setting? Frustrating really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

dahat wrote: »
    On this app, which is the dogs Bollocks by the way, the mp3 streams play for 7 or 8 seconds then skip on

Is there a way to change this setting? Frustrating really.

Are you using Gotham?If so,go into the add on(MP3 Streams) settings, and enable use alternate source (fix for gotham).Hopefully this will sort it for you.

bazzz wrote: »
    Are you using Gotham?If so,go into the add on(MP3 Streams) settings, and enable use alternate source (fix for gotham).Hopefully this will sort it for you.

Yep, will try that then, thanks.

Tried that and still only 15 seconds on each track..

Enabled the fix, exited xbmc and still the same. Odd as he'll, it is like a preview of each track.

• Advertisement

Cheers folks think I'll go with futeko works out about €137 which I don't think any Irish sellers can match.

Can recommend Futeko, really quick shipment.

Quick tip, shipment to Ireland is expensive via Futeko. Free shipping in UK to parcel Motel and then just pay the 3.95 on parcel motel. I order on a Sunday and had delivery to my pick up point on Tuesday evening in Dublin.

Also when you get the box from Futeko you will need to upgrade the firmware, but that is very easy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement