Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced keyboard remote for the T8 quad core box below?

http://www.satbox.ie/apps/webstore/products/show/5556625

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Released from customs, hopefully will have it tomorrow or Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Hoping someone can help me here. I have a MxIII 2 GB version as seen here
    I am trying to load openelec onto it with absolutlely no success!! I have tried versions 5.0.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.3 and 4.9.7 and everytime I get the boot logo (Tronsmart) and then a black screen. I am loading the 3 files from the zip file onto the root of the TF card, booting upo while keeping reset pressed,getting into recovery and flashing the update file from the TF card, everything seems to work but once I do a reboot I get the boot logo and then the black screen. I dont think its the TF card as I successfully loaded a modified version of the original android firmware afterwards.
    Links:
    Openelec - http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.3/
    Modified android firmware - Link
    I am using the "OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX3.arm-5.0.3.zip" version of the openelec files, should I be using the "update" version or the tar instead? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭rob316

johnybean wrote: »
    I am trying to load openelec onto it with absolutlely no success!! I have tried versions 5.0.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.3 and 4.9.7 and everytime I get the boot logo (Tronsmart) and then a black screen. I am loading the 3 files from the zip file onto the root of the TF card, booting upo while keeping reset pressed,getting into recovery and flashing the update file from the TF card, everything seems to work but once I do a reboot I get the boot logo and then the black screen. I dont think its the TF card as I successfully loaded a modified version of the original android firmware afterwards.
    Links:
    I am using the "OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX3.arm-5.0.3.zip" version of the openelec files, should I be using the "update" version or the tar instead? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In the same boat man, tried everything cant get it to work. Would also like some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Total guess but try without the recovery img

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Total guess but try without the recovery img

So unzip and delete the recovery img?

Links:

It didn't work for me but you could try the S82.arm file also.

rob316 wrote: »
    So unzip and delete the recovery img?

Just place the other Twp files on SD and flash them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mollser

Does anyone know how I can manually enter an Acestream ID to get a stream playing - can't seem to find anywhere I can enter an ID where you don't have a link to click on???

Have Acestream, sopcast, ts controller and p2p-streams installed on an MXIII 2gb, but it's not obvious, and the interweb doesn't seem to help me either. Hopefully its something extremely obvious....

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Links:

You seem to have done everything correct in terms of flashing, I have the same box with openelec running fine only difference is I used the s82 arm version. Did you buy from gearbest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

mollser wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I can manually enter an Acestream ID to get a stream playing - can't seem to find anywhere I can enter an ID where you don't have a link to click on???

Have Acestream, sopcast, ts controller and p2p-streams installed on an MXIII 2gb, but it's not obvious, and the interweb doesn't seem to help me either. Hopefully its something extremely obvious....

Thanks!

AFAIK, there is an option in p2p-streams to enter an ID ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mollser

Thanks - will try that again so - inputting stuff in kodi is a killer though, just using the basic remote that came with the box, and its sufficient for 99% of the time!

I do think Acestream works better outside of the kodi environment, so if anyone knows how to do it in Android itself, please share!

5500 wrote: »
    You seem to have done everything correct in terms of flashing, I have the same box with openelec running fine only difference is I used the s82 arm version. Did you buy from gearbest?
    I forgot to mention that I already tried the s82 version and that didn't work either. I did indeed buy from gearbest but I don't think it's a faulty unit as I was able to flash modifies firmware onto the box using the exact same method. I'll try flashing without the recovery file and see does that work

I forgot to mention that I already tried the s82 version and that didn't work either. I did indeed buy from gearbest but I don't think it's a faulty unit as I was able to flash modifies firmware onto the box using the exact same method. I'll try flashing without the recovery file and see does that work
    Would you be able to send a link for the openelec version you got working? Is your box 1gb or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anybody use Raspberry Pi 2 for XBMC? How does it stack up compared to these boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced keyboard remote for this T8 quad core box? Just need something for searches etc.

http://www.satbox.ie/apps/webstore/p...s/show/5556625

Monokne wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced keyboard remote for this T8 quad core box? Just need something for searches etc.

http://www.satbox.ie/apps/webstore/p...s/show/5556625

I use a RC12 and find it great, slight downside is it ain't backlight but other than that perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rafa05

Guys could someone recommend me a decent box to run XMBC. I don't have a top of the range TV. Just want a box that will play up to HD OK. I am techy so I can figure out how to set it up. I don't need a box with good wifi either as I will be using ethernet. Just a bit confused about what to get. The lastest Minix 8 -H Plus looks good but a bit expensive. Was looking at the MX3 as well. But hard to know what to buy.

thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

rafa05 wrote: »
    Guys could someone recommend me a decent box to run XMBC. I don't have a top of the range TV. Just want a box that will play up to HD OK. I am techy so I can figure out how to set it up. I don't need a box with good wifi either as I will be using ethernet. Just a bit confused about what to get. The lastest Minix 8 -H Plus looks good but a bit expensive. Was looking at the MX3 as well. But hard to know what to buy.

thanks

Pipo X7. You won't be disapointed.

I've mine a few weeks, and it pisses all over any android box I've used.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

dahat wrote: »
    I use a RC12 and find it great, slight downside is it ain't backlight but other than that perfect.
    I've same remote can't find menu button do you have press shift and another button for menu?

• Advertisement

I've same remote can't find menu button do you have press shift and another button for menu?

C on the keypad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Just getting into the MXIII at the moment. Sometimes a little unresponsive. Is there an efficient way of loading apps, such as through your PC/Google Account? Is that the best way to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Lads have an MX3 and an MXQ. Thinking of putting openelec on both. Can the files go straight on over the firmware on these boxes? When I previously put openelec on an MX2 I was told to put on matricom 1.1.6 on it first. Thanks

If you change to openelec can you load your xbmc config onto it or do have to setup xbmc fresh install?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Just getting into the MXIII at the moment. Sometimes a little unresponsive. Is there an efficient way of loading apps, such as through your PC/Google Account? Is that the best way to do it?

Not many worthwhile apps outside XBMC / Kodi. Just one install with endless addons, play around with it and see where you get. YouTube will teach you a lot and if you don't manage to figure it out use a wizard like Aidymatic

With the likes of RTE Player, is there a handy way of using this? It wouldn't seem to let scroll down and you can only use the search function? I was trying to watch RTE 6pm news live as a test.

With RTE Radio Player, if you have it running and are in another menu, can you pause this (or whatever media) without having to go back into the app again?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pipo x7 on tinydeal for €106.50 http://www.tinydeal.com/pipo-x7-windows-81-intel-atom-z3736f-2gb32gb-smart-tv-box-p-143716.html

Only problem for me and Tinydeal is that customs seem to have a pick on me and have nabbed everything lately.

I found the Sumvision Cyclone from 7day shop a grand little box,deliverey from the UK is a bonus,any suggestions for other UK sellers with a wider selection?

zerks wrote: »
    Pipo x7 on tinydeal for €106.50 http://www.tinydeal.com/pipo-x7-windows-81-intel-atom-z3736f-2gb32gb-smart-tv-box-p-143716.html

Only problem for me and Tinydeal is that customs seem to have a pick on me and have nabbed everything lately.

I found the Sumvision Cyclone from 7day shop a grand little box,deliverey from the UK is a bonus,any suggestions for other UK sellers with a wider selection?

Use a different delivery address or use PayPal via UK though that has its own risks attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rafa05

Don't see the big fuss about ordering from china. Possible 4 week wait and then probably pay customs charges. If there is a problem you pay for postage back to china and another long wait. Ebay and amazon is cheap as chips and you get your box in a few days.

• Advertisement

rafa05 wrote: »
    Don't see the big fuss about ordering from china. Possible 4 week wait and then probably pay customs charges. If there is a problem you pay for postage back to china and another long wait. Ebay and amazon is cheap as chips and you get your box in a few days.

But what about supporting local Irish businesses, lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement