Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Democracy Ireland: the split?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

While Jeff assures us all he's hard at work on all things United People, it seems Big Ben has been busy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

That's brilliant.

Inadvertent comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

While Jeff assures us all he's hard at work on all things United People, it seems Big Ben has been busy too.

Broadcasting from 'Studio 2'. Canned applause. Freeman woo. Just comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Broadcasting from 'Studio 2'. Canned applause. Freeman woo. Just comedy gold.
    Pretty good interview with the Garda whistleblower John Wilson. I didn't know he was the brother of Senator Diarmuid Wilson.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's all in the words. Democracy. Independent. Words people want to hear. Intentions people need to hear. The silverbacks on the Jay Benno show know this. Buzz words. Scientologists know this, homeopaths know this, FF know this. Say the words and perk the ears, keep saying the words and have people believe, have the people hope so hard that they will follow.

There's something so wrong with DDI. It's their words. It's their actions. Their words and actions are not the same thing. A show calling itself Independent that is not independent. A party calling it's self Direct Democracy when it is neither. There's something really rotten at the core here.

But Jeff Rudd can't be let off here either, just because he's had some realisation and created a new cleaner, purer way: Ruddhism. It's fools like JR that do the damage- to families, to friends, to colleagues (if you ever work that is). The brains, the scammers- the Silverbacks: they see self important idiots like Rudd and bring them in close. Close enough that they can even weather a coup from these daft eejits, close enough that the daft eejits don't even realise their coup is controlled by the people they think they're toppling. And this is where f..wits like Rudd really do damage.

So off to the Himalayas with Rudd. Orange blankets, watery soup and solitude. Pretend to talk to people, pretend you're on a road to higher "deep" investigation, pretend you care further than your own vanity, pretend, pretend, pretend. Sucked in and spat out. Nonsense turning nonsensical.

Dose chree on da tv kinda like ya know talk sense. Those three on the TV don't. The presenter on their youtube channel is not independent. They are not democratic.

They want your money.

• Advertisement

And Ruddhism has its own logo and moto too...

FF989646B84D4F19A66139E5598F9D07-0000321256-0003520902-00192L-FC775433CB6949B180248BA566AAE46A.jpg

A man on his knees Building Your Dreams.

With a claw hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,252 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Needs a sickle.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

JR isn't acting out of idealism, but I don't he has the wherewithal to be driven by financial motives either. He's nursing a heavy case of wounded pride, and I would imagine he is genuinely baffled at how Debt Dodgers have failed to recognise his obvious greatness.

Gilroy and the others are calculating buffoons. Sinister individuals. They have very little credibility, even among their acolytes, anymore. That "independent" production is about as even handed as one of Jeff's blogs, and just as clumsily stitched together. That said I look forward to what's coming next from Studio 2. More backslapping and falling over potted plants probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Statutes Apply!

If I'm right in thinking that's the same jacket, shirt and tie Ben Gilroy wore on Prime Time when he was interviewed by Claire Byrne http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrcj8hpNS6w
    I wonder if he will have his kit cleaned and pressed in time for his High Court appearance on Friday week.

He's been telling his old friend Vin how regardless of the outcome, he intends to sue for damages http://podcaststorage.weebly.com/vin-sunday-pods.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Meanwhile, DDI coming down hard and heavy with the woo woo in relation to fluoridation. It's the big issues.
    None of this is accidental. This is clever legal speak that tricks the water authorities into choosing to add fluoride themselves. Thus getting the government off the hook. There is no way that a government could actually mandate the adding of medication to a water supply against the will of the people. It is against the Nuremberg Code and the Charter of Human rights to be force-medicated. By clever language they didn’t ever mandate it. It just looked like they did to everyone else who doesn’t understand legalese.

Hence, would I be right in saying there appears to be nothing preventing Cork County Council and any other authority ordering the end of fluoridation forthwith? If so we would urge them to act on the will of the people they represent and take the first steps towards people taking back control of their lives and of their government.

Let’s hope Cork will be the first to do the will of the people and stand up against this kind of legal corruption. When they do and others follow we will want to know by whom at government level this was perpetrated upon us, why it was done, and they must be held accountable for the deliberate continuation of this poisoning in the face of all the evidence and appeals to the contrary.
    Complete and utter garbage, obviously - "shall perform the following acts ... the making of arrangements for the addition of fluoride to the water" is mandatory in character, the wording merely allows that the sanitary authority can do it themselves, or bring in a third party to do it.

I wonder when they're going to let slip that they really think it's all about mind control.

Also wonder who their sample is when invoking "the will of the people"? What about referendums? I certainly know which way I'd be voting...

• Advertisement

benway wrote: »
    Meanwhile,

I wonder when they're going to let slip that they really think it's all about mind control.

Also wonder who their sample is when invoking "the will of the people"? What about referendums? I certainly know which way I'd be voting...

Oh they have already. The only clear reason so far given by DDI came from their then chairman Jeff Rudd. He essentially stated that "flouride keeps people docile- fact! Is this why they still keep it?" I'm paraphrasing The Ruddhite but it's close enough to what he said while representing DDI as chairman. And that is good enough for me- DDI's point of problem with fluoride is government mind control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

For sure - but I'd like to see Ben™ (and Aisling Against Fluoride, for that matter) called out on it, but I doubt he'd take the bait, no doubt would fall back into suitably vague patter about referendums.

09fRAQt.jpg

In related news, there seems to be a bizarre byzantine schizm going on in Freemantown, looks like it's the satanists in the red corner against Billy Maguire's IRB gang in the blue corner, allegations of a conspiracy to murder Vin from the podcast a couple of posts up. Which I listened to a few minutes of, felt like my braincells were fixing to march lemming-like out of my ears. Before I tuned out, I did catch this little doozie from Vin re the Ben™ Show:
    Vin wrote:
    That's a better setup than even David Icke had for his TV thing.

The more I see of Gilroy, the more my toes curl. What a thoroughly dislikeable fellow.

In related news, Ruddha, everyone's favourite atheistic existentialist-has now rejoined Facebook, which is essentially another avenue for him to tell us that Great Things Are Possibly Probably Coming Also Indeed In Fact.

It better be good, because he certainly has done a lot of talking about it.

humberklog wrote: »
    And that is good enough for me- DDI's point of problem with fluoride is government mind control.

Direct democracy is going to be a disaster if they bring it in while we're still under the government mind control, sure we'll only do what they want.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I'm a bit more...
    67FF9036B5E942AB9513113909CF9A5B-0000321256-0003522767-00334L-F23598239AFB46AB9E97D573328C39DD.jpg

Trying to figure out the point of Ruddha's new flat pack political movement.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

ninja900 wrote: »
    Direct democracy is going to be a disaster if they bring it in while we're still under the government mind control, sure we'll only do what they want.

I've said this a million time:

There's same people that promote DDI are often the same people that complain that the majority of FF/FG/Lab voters are "muppets".

If all of those voters are idiots, why are we meant to be desperate to let them micromanage government and society?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

In related news, Ruddha, everyone's favourite atheistic existentialist-has now rejoined Facebook, which is essentially another avenue for him to tell us that Great Things Are Possibly Probably Coming Also Indeed In Fact.

It better be good, because he certainly has done a lot of talking about it.
    Contents of this front page WILL be expanded & more added to in definite detail. There will be no vagueness about where we stand on proposed starting positions.

==============================
    DUE TO ONGOING EVENTS
    THIS SITE IS BEING CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED.
    ==============================

And here's one of the updates now (apologies for the length of the link, I'm posting via mobile).

It seems to consist of Jeff setting out his stall, well, taking in his stall actually-as it is a long winded excuse as to why he won't be running in May. I doubt that will be a surprise to anyone.

Have any of the ddi candidates thrown any shapes yet?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=804197326275239&id=800192836675688

All's quiet. DDI are pressing the flesh and wanting people to splash the cash. Beats working. The big names are hosting small gatherings in little towns. Ben, Jan and Ray looking like a Steely Dan tribute band in Monsterevin. Their FB pages quieter now, their website's dull and unfreshed. They're keeping a hold on big arm signals of overt nuttyness since JR ran off like a dervish with rickets. A collective sigh of relief at JR's departure is just about audible through their silence on the matter. JR was too much of a liability because he really believed in the nonsense he was told.

The good honest brokers that are IDP are the most active on line of the 2. Still fielding questions from the curious. Still indignant at the hustle and bustle of political shenanigan.
    Their representing the disenfranchised from across the world
    Still hitt7ng them corners in the low low's girls
    Still taking time to perfect the beat
    And they still got love for the streets.
    It's the motherfecking IDP.
    (I doubt if they're Dre fans).

Rudd UP oh yeah, all the liggers and the snitches- hold UP oh yeah. The flat pack pop up party of one. The news man. Tweeting news. FBing news. News. If there is more than him in the "party" would it not be more sensible to advise the members to buy a newspaper?
    I can't figure out the point he's trying to make. I suspect the mad vanity of the man might not allow for a cohesive point. A pointless person. But you don't often get someone with such an ability to make you put your head in your hands with such embarassment for them.
    It is a laugh following JR. Frank Spencer with a wobbly manifesto and magic markers. Sometimes. It's better now he's a party of one. Best he chases his own tale, less harm.

Bewitched, bothered and bewildered. I wonder if Dre is a Poreter fan.

That was poetic, sir!

And no less true for it, either.

Every time I see his well worn anorak about the place, I am minded of the father figure from Gerry Anderson's "Thunderbirds". A little less Rudd, a little more Tracey.

JeffTracey.jpgJeff%20Rudd%202401411201316175.jpg

• Advertisement

Ambition. And the lack of it is at odds in DDI.

The giddy DDI runners and riders for EU and Local elections are released onto the mud flats of Votescrabbling. Jaaan's galloping goodo like Tom Cruise in the movie Far and Away. Flag in hand looking to claim new rich land where he and his clan can create a better life for themselves. Like me leaving the toll booth on the M3 after Navan...yeeeehar!

Well done to DDI. They've 1 runner in each area for the EU's and a healthy enough smattering down the East coast ( and Donegal, gotta admit I didn't see that coming) for the Local's.

Some people in DDI have ambitions to see Ireland leave the EU and to implement a Swiss style of governance for Ireland. There's a lot of support for leaving the EU but none about creating a broader cohesive European network of like minded people. There's no shown ambition there. This is grass roots stuff here-"Nobber, town hall Tuesday, 7.30 sharp. Shut the door carefully on your way in and bring your purse".
    I wonder if their brand of Scoffing at questioning will hold up on VB?

Author Jeff Rudd is busy creating titles for a book while talking into a hairbrush pretending he's being interviewed by John Bowman after a fruitful journey through Irish politics.
    A wonderful new logo...

F7F2FE5D83AB489C8D2394982840FB0E-0000321256-0003542978-00720L-DD354F2260D24A7087380409AC70D347.jpg

The writing on the left is a completely nutty lie and the writing on the right is describing a place I don't know. But the pic in the middle made both make sense....

humberklog wrote: »
    Author Jeff Rudd is busy

Not busy correcting his grammar, although perhaps like a badly-written 419 email, the intent is that only those susceptible to being drawn in will read past the first broken-English sentence.

The delusions of grandeur and the, shall we say, economical approach to the truth encapsulated in that nightmare of MS paint is actually a little scary.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I see Rudd's lost none of his love for TV talent shows and is going after the youth market by namechecking One Direction.

He was beating his chest on Twitter the other night about all the "unpaid work" he was doing.

Fair play to him, making the world a better place, using only the power of a computer mouse, a hefty collection of clipart, and a keen sense of social justice.

All for the small cost of €188 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

The poor lad can't even get a single like on any of his Facebook post and with 49 likes for the page ...... It really looks like this new political movement will start snowballing (just like a snowball rolling across the Sahara)

He says he's running in GE 2016. Bet he believes it too.

Interesting to see how Jaan the Man and the other DDI candidates will fare in the run up to polling day, competing for an MEP seat is to say the least, a financial challenge.

I'll just leave this here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I'll just leave this here.

Is it a DDI economic plan?

*link doesn't work*

• Advertisement

Comments are disabled for this video.

Spoilsports!

Jeff doesn't function too well when people talk back to him. The analogy of him talking into a mic at some imaginary interview is pretty much spot on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement