Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Democracy Ireland: the split?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

All Mr Rudd ever seems to do is overlay really poorly written captions over 90s clipart or photos of his children. Nothing about any policies or ideas, just whinging, mawkish sloganeering and desperate attempts to pull at our heartstrings with his kids.

I'm genuinely beginning to wonder about his mental stability. I don't remember him having such a poor grasp of English when he was a prominent Boards.ie poster and it's alarming to see the deterioration. He needs to turn his attention towards a more rewarding and fruitful hobby, like Lego.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The liar Jeff Rudd dazzles with his stupidity. In the new video he laments the loss of leisure time for people that work hard just to survive. This message comes with some cack photos of a fox hunt, a pub and a 2 million quid yacht.

He's probably spot on here although hot air ballooning, pulling mooners at confused Austrian farmers from the Orient Express, snorting crack in the Chelsea executive suite and base jumping from a high rise in Dubai should have surely featured too if that is he really wants to reach out to the common man with a strong message of Try, Try, Try to Doss, Doss, Doss for a living.

Whoooooow there a moment...fox hunting? And a day later he's sharing a Animal Rights Action Network link about an anti Duffy's circus demo on FB?
    So he's saying what a pity it is we have so little free time and money to take the hounds out for a dash but a reasonably affordable day out at the circus is Disgusting!?

He believes in neither, he cares for neither.

Jeff Rudd is a liar. A stupid liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

His Facebook is a source of joy the last 24 hours.
    Asking for advice on whether he should run in the locals, looking for 300 people to register with United People to make it an official party (the OUP ?) which would apparently help with his plans to run, a suggestion by a (I assume) wag that he should join DDI, talk of how the freemen are coming out to attack him.

That, plus the circus stuff humberklog refers to above, plus prefacing announcements on his own facebook page with 'Message from Jeff Rudd'. Just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Scotborn76

ninja900 wrote: »
    Direct democracy is going to be a disaster if they bring it in while we're still under the government mind control, sure we'll only do what they want.

Through a friend down in Cork who was a member but no longer, he tells me that the registered membership last year was over 700.
    This year its down to around 60. The rest have not bother to re-register such is their disgust with antics of a few at the top (National Secretary being one - seen in Youtube video "The mob didn't want you to see" with Charlie Allen of the Trust with 2 to 6 million Euro missing and he on the run again - and another top DDI member John Squires in yellow jacket 13 seconds in), all standing by him giving support.
    Apparently the national secretary organised a recent national meeting for Naas and then canceled it - but people turned up for it when he didn't bother to properly inform them it was canceled. He also caused major trouble in Louth, his home county. Cause yet another split in a org branch there after he had left one previous (CAHWT) and had cause a split in that also!

A whole lot from Cork (100+ alone) here are now gone by the way side. A whole branch in Donegal quit also. More quit from other counties all over. The Citizens party was supposed to join also with DDi but my ex-DDi member tells me that Ray Whitehead screwed that up too. Apparently don't like the idea of anyone taking the reins of DDI away from him and if anyone tries, well...
    Ray Whitehead can't get a tax clearance cert (problems with his tax affairs?) so how he can run for the Euro elections is being questioned down in Cork!
    The DDI leader (from what other country? There's confusion over that one) apparently has questions hanging over his head too. Has he even got a Irish passort?

A lot have left DDI and gone to CPPC in Cork as well as other new orgs that want nothing to do with the old heads of DDI. They had more good people in it but they left due to the laziness of Whitehead and co unwilling to do any work besides talking at meetings and trying to collect donations.

There is a lot of angry people down in Cork here. Not once but twice they were left hang out to dry by the origional founders. Now apparently they have done the same to Donegal and individuals also.

They probably will get a few heads elected around the country as people are looking for alternatives but after that, if you look beyond the curtains and the few polices repeated they actually do have, there is not much there and they have being going how long? About five/six years as a group before registering as a political party?

They have little or no hope here in Cork of getting anyone elected, They have burned their bridges here not once but twice - mainly thanks to Mr Whitehead (who is stone broke personally).
    They have some amount of anger for DDI here in Cork. I don't think they will get far here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

It would seem that Mr Rudd's public page has been set to... private. Probably due to death threats to him and his family or some such. But, of course, he can't and won't talk about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

The site forum seems to be down as well. The main page is however trumpeting the long awaited new policy documents (coming soon possibly probably indeed also in fact), which will no doubt make for a lengthy if anticlimactic read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

United People is a name that has started to frighten me. I've this idea of a dystopian future where large robots with spider legs and Jeff Rudd heads patrol the streets. Huge propaganda posters drape over buildings, their message filled with mid-90's clip-art and excessive use of exclamation marks. The single TV channel, RuddVision will show endless repeats of X-Factor. Children in schools will be taught exclusively from the Big Book of Common Sense and KOP ON, a 4000 page tome written by Rudd and an appointed committee of United People.

Might need to lay off the grog for a while. Mild dose of the fear.

RuddVision!

All the news bulletins would be three hours long, yet contain no discernable detail, except whenever Justin Bieber was up to some "antic" or other.

I note btw, that the United Person policy document has now been posted, at least the first part thereof. Be warned, it is even lengthier than the rather timely rundown which Scotsborn's DDI chum recently gave him on the current state of that political movement.

RuddVision!

All the news bulletins would be three hours long, yet contain no discernable detail, except whenever Justin Bieber was up to some "antic" or other.

I note btw, that the United Person policy document has now been posted, at least the first part thereof. Be warned, it is even lengthier than the rather timely rundown which Scotsborn's DDI chum recently gave him on the current state of that political movement.

A document sure to cause rumptions and debate in the chambers and corridors of power.

Jeff is running in the Local Elections, as a member of UnitedPeople.

You know what? It's probably the most constructive thing he's done-more luck to him.

• Advertisement

10270497_778354808841888_1837267046059194846_n.jpg

Jayzuz, ye'd cry if you couldn't laugh.
    After the big announcement on the 4th of Feb about Ben stepping down from a job he'd previously been ousted from and electing a new leader in Jaaanander. Jeff Rudd, the then chairman, thought this would be big news. Maybe even big enough to make it onto the Michael Reade show on LMFM. That's the same show Jeff reported to the BAA for a biased interview against Ben and the same show DDI members tried to organise a demo outside the station. LMFM didn't mention the big news. They did however feature a woman talking about the problems of dog poo in Drogheda. This riled Rudd so much that he vented off that it was Disgusting! Big political news story breaking locally was just being ignored, not just ignored but "they have a woman on for the last half talking about dog poo!"

The woman talking about the dog poo that morning of the 5th of Feb was Julie Feely. Julie Feely is running for United People in the local elections.

Like Sonny and Cher...I've got poo love.

He's gone out on a limb more than once, that's for sure.

10151313_512019718903996_7778265834169953048_n.jpg

Plentiful pics of gap toothed Ruddlings have now also appeared with an inelegant inevitability on his FB and twitter pages,, as per usual. If JR intends to conduct this entire campaign through the medium of dubious baby photos and twitter updates, I fear he will be barking up the wrong tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,508 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jeff - one word (or perhaps two.)

ANTI-ALIASING. I've an Amiga 500 and a copy of DPaint III in the attic, if this'll help.

My modest consulting fee invoice is in the post.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

But, but...I thought Jeff was a graphic designer!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Statutes Apply!

Ben got a new tie for his promotional election video on youtube 'Ben Europe Vote NO 1'. Right wing overtones included.

Meanwhile, JR has announced on facebook how he is hoping to speak in his campaign for a council seat "I will be speaking on LMFM Radio, the 7th of May 10.am approx. Hope all will listen in to hear me out there trying to speak!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

MEPs-Poll-graphic.png

See it's all going very well for Ben™ and Jaanaanda. I wonder if still reckons pollers should include don't-knows when calculating each candidate's share.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Statutes Apply!

The best Ruddism I've seen yet comes in the UnitedPoo policy doc where Jeff appears to take up the case of cuts in public service pay, declaring "This alone too is putting others off considering entering the sector".

147 pages down, 259 to go.

Riveting stuff...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Those poll figures must be quite disheartening for DDI. Gilroy had high hopes for his European election bid, but at 1% it seems his campaign is over before it has begun.

The invisible man, Brian Crowley, on 36%? I don't want to live in this province any more.

The only time we see his big square mullet-bedecked head is when he's looking for a vote.

• Advertisement

The invisible man, Brian Crowley, on 36%? I don't want to live in this province any more.

The only time we see his big square mullet-bedecked head is when he's looking for a vote.

Ara shure isn't he in the chair?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

DDI are consistent if anything.

They are also polling at 1% in the Dublin constituency.

Of course, with the margin of error that could be -2%

Bet they're sorry they pushed out JR, now!

Bit of a Black Tuesday for Ben. I won't pretend to know anything about the case, I don't care. The judge ruled him guilty and awarded costs against him. This last bit I do find interesting: especially as they're thinking of appealing to the supreme court all the while he'll be funding a euro and LE campaign. The gurriers and spacers must be loaded. Ben had been talking earlier last week on an internet radio programme called Tir Na Saor. A heavy hand in the Freeman movement.

Drogheda's Julian Asange must've nearly choked on his buttered Rich Tea biscuit sandwich when he realised that he put his life in danger for these gurriers by denying DDI's involvement in Freemanism (another thing I don't care about, but the bullet taker Rudd did). Phone tapping, assasssination attempts and travelling by zip-line to Aldi with a Bowie knife in his mouth and a pooperscooper under his arm. How did it feel to Jason Bourne when he realised his capacity to believe crap is only matched by his ability to talk it.

Nothing a milky cup of Tetley's can't wash down, all in a days disappointment for JR. The indefatigable nonsenseman can brush himself down and pretend people forget the merrydance of yesterday for his new probably changeable sometimes always something manifesto of today.

Today was like a day you wake up with a horn on and kinda just push the shaft down for that inner tingle effect. It'll get you to work but you'll still need to whack off a proper one in the jacks.

Delight! Rudd and O'Connor go head to on LMFM somewhere between the local GAA results and the death notices. Interesting if only to hear their voices. Mostly it was the interviewers- Michael Reade. MR was tired of these f-wits nonsense and let swing. He's not the best intervieser, in fact he's terrible. The idiots got off lightly. But they thought unfairly. I thought unfairly lightly.

How can a new political system sound more sh1t after it's explained? Well, my take is from O'Connoor is is that if you don't get it you're stupid. By the way- they want money off stupud people. People like me.a pretty simple shaft up the backie. Cough. Money. Cough.

Rudd's for tommorrow, I'm on the bus.

DDI, the Droogs. Made their way from the Shelbourne up the canals towards Clondalkin to Vincent Browne's cracker factory. I can't wait and hope it's recorded properly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

UnitedPeople.ie has had an update to list their election candidates - just the two, Jeffrey and Julie Feely. I think they are in the same local ward as they have a Vote1/2 thing going.
    Jeff is using the photo with the Swiss Ambassador on his election blurb - call me cynical but I'm beginning to suspect that this is the only somewhat notable person he has a photo with.

Jeff, if you are reading (I suspect you are) then clear up the spelling mistakes in the election blurb, some of them completely change the meaning to the reverse of what you are intending.
    Oh, and genuinely, good luck, would love to see you get one of the council seats.

The only other photographs he used, complete with that godawful jacket, were photoshopped images of our hero, with local landmarks in the background.

A bit apt, really-even the candidate photographs aren't truthful, and portray an image at odds with reality.

You can be full sure he's reading, Jeff has sock puppet accounts all over the web, and has utilised them to defend his cause, while playing the part of an impartial third party. It's beyond satire.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Jeff is using the photo with the Swiss Ambassador on his election blurb - call me cynical but I'm beginning to suspect that this is the only somewhat notable person he has a photo with.
    If there aren't Ferrero Rocher's stacked in the background, any picture with an ambassador must be viewed with suspicion.

Jeff, who has four children, lowered himself on a zip line into the embassy prior to the meeting, and liberated them for his four children. He was almost accosted by a drowsy security man (who had no children), but as luck would have it, he was able to pick up the walkie talkie transmissions on a bug detector that he has concealed on his person, next to the photographs of his four children. Before catching a bus to the meeting Jeff presented the Ferrero Rocher to his four children and his four children enjoyed them very much indeed in fact also.

The four children would have eaten them all, but for Jeff standing up and saying ever stronger "Enough."

• Advertisement

I keep checking in here hoping from a post from humberklog!

No news from Ruddland today, bar a minor spat with a SFer yesterday, well, a Facebook post that had the temerity to refer to Mr. Pocket Protector as a member of DDI. What could he have been thinking!

No doubt Jeff took time out from his busy schedule to respond with a few thousand word essays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement