Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

0246.wall%2520of%2520text.png-610x0.png

QRGw1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

^^ I had to google that to make sure it was a real thing and not just a joke! :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

robindch wrote: »
    A religious preacher dies and somebody who might be a woman, but perhaps not a friend, wrote the obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timescolonist/obituary.aspx?pid=171625687

George sounds like he would have been a right crack in a pub

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

313809.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Following this evening's match, Rio's Christ the Redeemer does a Ballinspittle:

313915.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Following this evening's match, Rio's Christ the Redeemer does a Ballinspittle:

313915.jpg

I do have a smile on my face after all their overly visible praying before kick off....mysterious ways eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

smokingman wrote: »
    I do have a smile on my face after all their overly visible praying before kick off....mysterious ways eh?
    It was the praying afterwards I found interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

legspin wrote: »

That may have been to get out of the stadium in one piece...

313932.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Brazil :pac:

D4h6tW2.jpg

smokingman wrote: »
    That may have been to get out of the stadium in one piece...

That thought did float through my head a few times. I can understand praying before but what exactly were they trying to get their god to do for them after they had been reamed so ignominiously?

[...] what exactly were they trying to get their god to do for them after they had been reamed so ignominiously?
    Resurrection?

Resurrection?

Well they couldn't play worse if they were zombies, so why not I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/07/09/debate-continues-over-what-constitutes-a-gay-cake/
    A DEBATE as to the sexual orientation of cakes has continued to divide people in Northern Ireland with no signs of a compromise or consensus being reached.
    “When is a cake a gay cake?” Pondered Eamon Spillane, a rival of nearby Asher’s Baking Company, the bakery at the centre of the gay cake row.
    “We’ve long since arrived at an answer as to the religious beliefs a cake may or may not hold but this is a whole new can of worms,” added Spillance.
    The cake at the centre of the controversy was requested by Queer Space, a volunteer group, and featured Sesame Street characters Bert and Ernie attempting to coax innocent children into the cake itself, which could turn them gay if contact was made with the icing.
    “This is where it gets complicated, I was completely unaware cake’s were preditorial in nature, well gay ones at least,” added concerned citizen Ida Hilton, “I’ve sworn off cake until we can define what cake can mean for a man or a woman”.
    Professor Bjorn Tallun, head of the Cakeology Research Centre in Sweden weighed in on the debate early this morning bringing an expert’s view on the matter to the concerned public.
    “Pink icing is not an indicator of a gay cake despite what some say. The real question is were there two men engaged in sexual activity throughout on the cake as it was baked and when the icing was applied. It is very simple. If this is not the case then it is a traditional cake which somehow reinforces the institution of marriage with each and every bite,” the Professor concluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

That thought did float through my head a few times. I can understand praying before but what exactly were they trying to get their god to do for them after they had been reamed so ignominiously?

That there would be a salve strong enough yet gentle enough to heal the sores on their anuses without undue pain, perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

That there would be a salve strong enough yet gentle enough to heal the sores on their anuses without undue pain, perhaps.
    That would be the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

They weren't praying, afterwards ... they were confessing!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

314062.gif

314064.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

so the world cup final is between the home nations of the two surviving popes. is this a sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

so the world cup final is between the home nations of the two surviving popes. is this a sign?

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No idea. The whole thing was a sign that just because something happens only once every few years it isn't nessecarily any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Vivisectus

Bibles-For-Haiti-instead-of-food-60855341907_xlarge.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Whichever team wins is the Pope God loves the most?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Can we call it a "pope-off"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Winner gets to keep a ball boy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Maybe. If Germany quit in a huff after 20 minutes we'll know it's the truth.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Maybe. If Germany quit in a huff after 20 minutes we'll know it's the truth.
    20 and a huff minutes?

I need my duck soup.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Advertisement