Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Turtwig wrote: »
    Hell itself is a place so unpleasant that Satan himself suffers.

Pfft. That's just the Catholic section.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The UK Independent reports that the latest Vatileaks documents show that not only does the Vatican own a bunch of brothels and/or massage parlours, but that priests are amongst the visitors.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vatileaks-scandal-vatican-properties-used-as-brothels-and-massage-parlours-where-priests-pay-for-sex-a6729251.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26,195 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Worztron wrote: »
    You just don't get it, humorless one. You go around acting like some sort of fake mod.
    I'm not "acting like a fake mod"; I'm commenting on posts made to the thread.
    If you don't want people to discuss the stuff you post, have you considered not posting it to a discussion board?
    Why do you even sub to this thread? Is it so you can choose to get offended over and over again? Keep refering back to my post here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97646458&postcount=3854
    Don't worry, Worztron, I'm not in the least offended. I'm amused - just not for the reasons that you would like .

Turtwig wrote: »
    Real Mod: This is a thread for humour which is always going to be subjective. Less of personal attacks and more of the jokes please.
    You just don't get it, humorless one. You go around acting like some sort of fake mod.
    Peregrinus wrote: »
    I'm not "acting like a fake mod"; I'm commenting on posts made to the thread. If you don't want people to discuss the stuff you post, have you considered not posting it to a discussion board?
    Folks - Turtwig and myself would hate to have to card anybody in the funny thread - the clue's in the title, btw - but I'm sure we could be persuaded to if this low-level silliness continues.

Thanking youze.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

368330.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

160775d1446829165-atheist-forum-joke-thread-stonehenge-dog-park.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Nurosurgeons love that guy, they don't have to play down their super human intelligence image anymore ....

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Leeorg-%25C2%25BB-Motivational-Posters-funny-religion-jesus-christian_large.jpg

ff844fecbab4be9f1c16ce4281e5e3df.jpg

pissing-off-christians-jesus-funny-religion-demotivational-poster-1212988106.gif

For anybody in the Tralee area tomorrow between ten and six, you might want to consider dropping into the Mercy Convent at Balloonagh whose contents, together with the contents of similar convents at Rosscarbery and Kanturk, are on view in 530 lots, pursuant to an auction starting on Saturday morning at 10:30.

The convent at Balloonagh was opened in 1858 and while an article in July confirmed at the time that there were no plans to do anything with the convent, it seems that the departure of the last sixteen nuns around six weeks ago seems to have concentrated minds quite noticeably on the topic of religious asset-stripping.

In any case, amongst the hundreds of items of religious statuary and mid-to-low income communal living, comes Lot 087, labelled "A good large religious group, 'St John the Baptist baptising Our Lord'" - five feet high and three wide, and possibly the most splendidly homoerotic sculpture ever to grace the halls of a Mercy Convent:

368385.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

^^^^

With something like this, it would be so easy to make it look cheap and tacky.But just look at her there.Pure class.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

Look at that. Effortless affusion work.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

robindch wrote: »

368385.jpg

...captures every detail as if the maker was there, right down to the nightclub stamp on the back of Johns hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,454 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Nodin wrote: »
    ...captures every detail as if the maker was there, right down to the nightclub stamp on the back of Johns hand.

I thought it was a nicotine patch.

Nodin wrote: »
    Hard to say what's the best feature - for me, I can't decide if it's the rod extending into the air from between John's legs, Jesus' come-hither expression or the submissive way in which he's clasping his hands to his chest. But in the end, I think it might be the delicate counterpoint of John's artfully concealed sixpack played off against his artfully exposed left nipple.

Where's Sister Wendy when we need her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

John's face says it all. "If one more arsehole comes in here for a haircut without washing their hair I'm cutting an ear off"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,195 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Hard to say what's the best feature - for me, I can't decide if it's the rod extending into the air from between John's legs, Jesus' come-hither expression or the submissive way in which he's clasping his hands to his chest. But in the end, I think it might be the delicate counterpoint of John's artfully concealed sixpack played off against his artfully exposed left nipple.
    Careful, now, Robin. I think you may be revealing a little more than you intend. :)

368423.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I know what you people are thinking. But that's not a big black dildo in John's hand; its un-transubstantiated water.

If anyone wants a set of used chamber pots, lot 68 is only €20. One of them even has a lid. Only ever used by virgins.

Lot 499, a fine pair of artillery shells :confused:

Lots 517-522, a collection of schisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

hgbGZDP.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

SyKnyse.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

368385.jpg

One of the earliest depictions of a nip-slip. Jesus, what a prude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

One of the earliest depictions of a nip-slip. Jesus, what a prude.

Actually, it was John.
    Jesus was trying to be modest holding his mother's curtains over his bosom.
    He also looked worried, or stoned, or both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Kivaro wrote: »
    Actually, it was John.
    Jesus was trying to be modest holding his mother's curtains over his bosom.
    He also looked worried, or stoned, or both.

He's both. He's just met John, and while he is attracted to him, he doesn't want him to think he's just some kind of 'good time guy'.

So, ehh, why would the alleged son of god need to be baptised then? in case he didn't believe in himself?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Tom Cruise - Soul and Wallet Cleanser

In all honesty, what religion doesn't! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

201405_2128_abihg_sm.png

Too soon

368515.jpg

• Advertisement

368589.jpg

Advertisement