Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

^^

is the hand meant to be of a priest I hope he wasnt handling the baby in the same fashion as the beetle or does god wear a business suit under his god costume?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It's a trick question!

The six year-olds are supposed to write "None of the above" and "God does not exist".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I know it's only for 6 year olds, but the idea of teaching them, as fact, at a time when their education is factual rather than reflective anyway, that "God loves all his creatures but hey he loves us the most", sounds so like a petulant child to his siblings that it's laughable to remember that adults actually wrote this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

367653.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Worztron wrote: »
    367653.jpg

Do blind Muslim women wear one that covers their eyes too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It took me a few seconds to realise that the woman on the left is looking away from the camera and isn't just really, really devout.

seamus wrote: »
    It took me a few seconds to realise that the woman on the left is looking away from the camera and isn't just really, really devout.

That's what made me ask my question too :D

What's the difference between acne and a priest?

Acne doesn't come on a boy's face until he's 13.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Michael OBrien

Penn wrote: »
    Do blind Muslim women wear one that covers their eyes too?
    The picture shows a niqab, you may be thinking of a burqa.
    736298-burqa.jpg

Burqa2.jpg

From the people who brought you "Insanely Ridiculous Strawmen", comes "Insanely Ridiculous Strawmen 2: Insanely Ridiculouser".

Featuring even angrier atheists, and the same basic plot as the first one because God's not dead, but originality is. Starring a woman who previously played a character who should have been burnt at the stake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Penn wrote: »
    From the people who brought you "Insanely Ridiculous Strawmen", comes "Insanely Ridiculous Strawmen 2: Insanely Ridiculouser".

Featuring even angrier atheists, and the same basic plot as the first one because God's not dead, but originality is. Starring a woman who previously played a character who should have been burnt at the stake.

Hang on there,
    They are allowing a witch to speak about Jebus????

Christian rock makes baby jebus cry

king-of-the-hill-on-christian-rock.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

12190973_784321888381347_3228323582035285442_n.jpg?oh=a306215e52fe8d18e703b6b72ee18758&oe=56B4BB59

12196117_971538922907653_6274867853863718687_n.jpg?oh=73fc3c9600616132ee2d515965d07020&oe=56C8F005

367828.jpg

367831.jpg

367903.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

coolhull wrote: »
    If the first 'marriage' was between Adam and Eve, then who conducted the ceremony?
    Dunno, but I bet the snake gave away th bride.

That guy Steve would have been Best Man, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Woah hold up guys, science was CREATED by CHRISTIANS

https://twitter.com/ChuckNellis/status/663423823245635585

Are Aristotle and Jesus the same person?

367988.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

367999.jpg

368087.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

12191472_1054931874559317_780914476609981317_n.jpg?oh=5e6af40c71bd0b4d815c3aa70096b19a&oe=56B13A5D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,494 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I could be wrong but I'm interpreting that as a gay man parodying the bible thumpers.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,331 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

367903.jpg
    Duh. Because torturing people is evil?

Lift your game, guys. You're supposed to be pointing out the stupidity of religion, here, not the stupidity of critics of religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,291 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Peregrinus wrote: »

Lift your game, guys. You're supposed to be pointing out the stupidity of religion, here, not the stupidity of critics of religion.

Yay, gocha! How to miss the point! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,331 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

There's a point?

368180.jpg

You just don't get it, humorless one. You go around acting like some sort of fake mod. Why do you even sub to this thread? Is it so you can choose to get offended over and over again? Keep refering back to my post here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97646458&postcount=3854

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

There's a point?
    No longer alas, I'm afraid it's the 3Arena now.
    You just don't get it, humorless one. You go around acting like some sort of fake mod. Why do you even sub to this thread? Is it so you can choose to get offended over and over again? Keep refering back to my post here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97646458&postcount=3854

Real Mod: This is a thread for humour which is always going to be subjective. Less of personal attacks and more of the jokes please.

Side note: My understanding of hell was not that Satan tortured evil people rather that everyone including Satan underwent extreme torment and pain every moment they reside in hell. Hell itself is a place so unpleasant that Satan himself suffers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Turtwig wrote: »
    .... Hell itself is a place so unpleasant that Satan himself suffers.

But he likes it though, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Kivaro wrote: »
    But he likes it though, right?

Particularily Fridays, when its rubber gear in free and all shots at half price.

Advertisement