Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam Bennett - no same day spoilers

Options

Comments

Sagan was leading out Sam today
    and they didn't get it right, looks like 3rd for Sam, possibly should have told Sagan to go himself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

and they didn't get it right, looks like 3rd for Sam

I'm not entirely sure he was...

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

and they didn't get it right, looks like 3rd for Sam
    Sam could have won that ...looked good but too far back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I know alot of people are saying Bennet should leave Bora ,etc

But how many riders can be lead out by Sagan ?

Ha yeah that's fair point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Suspect Sagan is a rubbish lead out man but thats just me....

Solid start to the season and looks in decent shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Sam was best of the rest today in 4th place. Gotta love it when the breakaway gets it, was a hell of a finish on the motor racing circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That was a great watch, mad speeds from breakaway & peleton.

dahat wrote: »
    That was a great watch, mad speeds from breakaway & peleton.

71kmph when lotto soudal went on the front at one point.

• Advertisement

Bennett must be annoyed coming away from there with nothing as is clearly in good form.

Have some of that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good man Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Wow ... Definitely one of his better wins, balked by Hodeg and had the legs to go again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Thought he'd missed the opportunity there. Hopefully see an overhead replay to see how the hell he got out to sprint

Damn!

Fell asleep on the couch and totally forgot about this.

dahat wrote: »
    Damn!

Fell asleep on the couch and totally forgot about this.

Flick over now for the replay. All you need to see, it was laps on a ring road.

Oh he took a bump and had a word for the quickstep leadout man.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Enjoyed that - seemed to appear out of no-where

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Beasty wrote: »
    Enjoyed that - seemed to appear out of no-where

I had last 20km on in the background and I didn't hear his name mentioned once until 5m from the line

It's a fine one given the field there this week.

• Advertisement

There is a picture doing the roads on Twitter of 50m from the line, he was well behind and delivered his sprint & throw perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

A contract year, in the same year Sky are disbanding. Not good.

Still, I'm sure he'll be fine. Can't see him staying at Bora, but he'll be grand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

1bryan wrote: »

Still, I'm sure he'll be fine. Can't see him staying at Bora, but he'll be grand.

I thought Sky had arranged a tapered withdrawal, not sure if they found another investor, some billionaire was hinted at in the papers the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

CramCycle wrote: »
    I thought Sky had arranged a tapered withdrawal, not sure if they found another investor, some billionaire was hinted at in the papers the other day.

A marginal withdrawal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Macy0161

1bryan wrote: »

Surely worse case scenario is him staying at Bora? Someone like Direct Energie mightn't be a bad fit, if he had to drop a level (I can't recall their current sprinter) - they get a lot of world tour races. Or EF - he's better than Modolo or McClay, English speaking, plenty of own chances...

CramCycle wrote: »

some Colombian lad, I saw that too, but nothing concrete yet, as far as I'm aware.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Surely worse case scenario is him staying at Bora? Someone like Direct Energie mightn't be a bad fit, if he had to drop a level (I can't recall their current sprinter) - they get a lot of world tour races. Or EF - he's better than Modolo or McClay, English speaking, plenty of own chances...

I'd expect his ambitions would be higher than either of those. Not sure what kind of salary he's on but I'd expect both those teams (and pro-continentals in general) don't have much budget for anything more than an average salary.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

They signed Niki Terpstra who is probably getting a decent wedge, and left to get more money. I think Specialized may cover a lot of Sagan's pay too at Bora as they were very actively involved in finding his new team when Tinkoff pulled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

Cofidis next year looks like Bouhani will getting his p45 :D

Advertisement