Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam Bennett - no same day spoilers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Sam is defending champion though

It would have been decided before the race in a team meeting though as to who was the protected rider for the day. Things happen though and that rider can be caught out of position in the final leaving it up to someone else. Given Sam's reaction and sitting up he didn't look happy. Must have a closer look at the video later.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

Just looked at it there, looks like they both had the licence to go for the win.

However Ackerman sees Sam going by and squeezes up between him and the other guy inside - not something you should be doing to a team mate - Sam had the clear run at the line and his teammate took him out basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

According to Bora themselves Ackermann was the leader and Bennett had a free role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Good news, Sam back to winning ways in Turkey, taking Stage 2 ahead of Hodeg(Quickstep), he also takes takes the leaders jersey following his 2nd place in the first stage

• Advertisement

Shame Gaviria crashed yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Sam on RTE Sports News shocker!!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Thud

Sam wins again!

Another win for Sam

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If I see spoilers in this thread, can I safely assume he's won again
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭buffalo

Beasty wrote: »
    If I see spoilers in this thread, can I safely assume he's won again
    ?
    Stage 4 is tomorrow, and he's not going to win that.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Wish they'd get this tennis match finished so I can find out what happened today
    :(

C'mon Mladenovic

Match point

5-5

In the voice of Victor Meldrew

I don't believe it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

All the naysayers (like me) wondering about Sam's race program are being proven wrong I guess.

Maybe he just needs a really long break after a grand tour - I know I would!

Finnrocco wrote: »
    All the naysayers (like me) wondering about Sam's race program are being proven wrong I guess.

Kirby said something yesterday on commentary along the line of "he needs to work on the middle bit" regards the season saying he was on form at the start and at the end this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Kirby said something yesterday on commentary along the line of "he needs to work on the middle bit" regards the season saying he was on form at the start and at the end this year.
    He hardly raced in between to draw any conclusions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Finnrocco wrote: »

That's a good sign I think (when you consider some other riders performances)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I feel he did f all mid season because of stacked team he is with. From what I gather he would have been doing vuelta had Sagan not decided to do it. Me thinks Sagan did vuelta to try condition himself for the worlds....not that it worked!

• Advertisement

Nothing to see here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Beasty wrote: »
    Nothing to see here

How's the tennis going? :p

How's the tennis going? :p

She won....:)

....eventually:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Thud

Sam didn't win, Lutsenko won and took overall lead. Nico 5th on stage and 10th overall

In other news.....
    4th today

That has to be up there as one of Sam's finest wins. I thought
    he was nuts going so early but it was exactly what he needed to do in that finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Nice to see a long enough clip on the RTE news of Bennet being interviewed after the stage today. Usually RTÉ just show a few seconds of cycling, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Any links to videos of the final couple of Kms today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭De Bhál

gman2k wrote: »
    Any links to videos of the final couple of Kms today?

I watched a couple of clips he had put on twitter earlier

• Advertisement
Advertisement