Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Season 1 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Justice wrote: »
    *cough*
    *cough*

standins!!

*cough*
    *cough*

Half the matches my team have played so far have had us with a standin, we just don't want to play with 2 standins which is what we would've had to do after waiting something like 5 or 6 days to hear back from Granga about when they can play. Doesn't really seem fair considering we've spent I think the longest of any team in the tournament overall waiting for others to get back to us.

I'm all for a clearer and stricter ruleset next time around.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah you guys have waited for ages tbh which is pretty ridiculous, s'grand anyway as it's sorted for next time. Annoyingly slow when people will only play weekends and some people wont and so on. Lol at adding somebody and PMing them and them asking you to add them 3 days later, your steam name must be confusing :D

Apart from that it's been great fun, glad it was organisied thanks! also great to have the casters, adds to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

i'd agree with Tar on the point that this competition has been great for the experience earned for many involved.
    The current delay is unfortunate, but better advertisement of when the next match is going to be played should be provided to us as compensation for waiting!
    if i was cherry i would just impose a date by which game must be played, but im not the organizer :P
    i do have a more laizzie fair attitude to standins dreddy, from my point of view they offer flexibility that some players dont have, its a tough call for a team captain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RelaxingTimes

Justice wrote: »
    i'd agree with Tar on the point that this competition has been great for the experience earned for many involved.
    The current delay is unfortunate, but better advertisement of when the next match is going to be played should be provided to us as compensation for waiting!
    if i was cherry i would just impose a date by which game must be played, but im not the organizer :P
    i do have a more laizzie fair attitude to standins dreddy, from my point of view they offer flexibility that some players dont have, its a tough call for a team captain though.

I think teams should be allowed to present the team they entered with, within reason. After all, standins are just that - stand-ins. It's a system that punishes the less organized/busier teams (rightly so).

In all fairness, I don't see why Dreddy as a captain should feel obligated to accept punishment (forced to play with 2-3 standins) when he contacted Granga immediately and had to wait 6 days for a response - A response which asked us to play with less than 24 hours notice, one day before Christmas week began.

However, I share your view that all the match dates should be set in advance by an admin, with reasonable limitations on rescheduling (e.g. 1 day extension, non-tournament standins etc).

It would be really great to grow the scene here and it would be a shame if silly things like this got in the way in the future. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

we dont know all the details,

but Granga could also have played with standins rather than have such restrictive time constraints, i dunno. as i said i dont have the details.

i have organised matches with dreddy twice in this comp and i know hes fair.
    None of my comments are directed at him or his team, or any individual in particular, rather at both captains and the admins in equal measure. just so as no-one feels singled out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Happy Dotamas.

I'm ok with it not being played over the holidays at this point, everyone's busy etc etc. But pulueaaaze can we get it done before 2015? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 element693

myself and Dreddybajs are gonna try get the game organised for as soon as possible.

We're playing Sunday at 7.

Dire Strats beats Granga 2-0, will organise the final with kag tomorrow. GGs to the lads from Granga!

I can look in to maybe playing it tonight if you guys are available. Did Relax feed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Let us know the time here so we can flame you all silently from the rail.

I can look in to maybe playing it tonight if you guys are available. Did Relax feed?

Eat your heart out m8:

game 1
    http://www.twitch.tv/cloakiecastin/b/492949003

Also, Cloakie said he'd upload his cast of game2 at some point.

Won't be this week lads as Joe is working nights maybe Sunday night we shall see I'll let you know asap.

Also, I have a question. What advantage are winners getting? Is it just straight bo3 or bo5 with 1 game advantage to winners?

Also, I have a question. What advantage are winners getting? Is it just straight bo3 or bo5 with 1 game advantage to winners?

Didn't they already get that by avoiding round 3 and going straight to the semis?

Eat your heart out m8:

game 1
    http://www.twitch.tv/cloakiecastin/b/492949003

Also, Cloakie said he'd upload his cast of game2 at some point.

That was some ****ing game. Shame the casters weren't more enthused! :)

KarmaBaby wrote: »

80 minute games can be pretty hard to cast. :D

Not sure about that round skip thing, my understanding is you've got to lose twice in double elim to get knocked out. Obviously, that's not feasible in dota though given how long it takes for 2 sets. 1 game advantage is the norm afaik.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah the upper bracket "rest" only applies at a lan or two, where people don't have a month rest to compose themselves for the next game :D must have a look at the casts, caught some of the first game at cherry whe're there was a big fanbase hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cloakie

KarmaBaby wrote: »

Apologies. I had a stonking headache, and an enormous game did not help. I'll be more enthusiastic next time!

Cloakie wrote: »
    Apologies. I had a stonking headache, and an enormous game did not help. I'll be more enthusiastic next time!

Bummer. Was understanding though. Despite being a great game. It wasn't the most exciting one to cast. If you ever need a "straight man" to help with the casting I'd be happy to volunteer. You tell all the jokes and I just laugh at them.

• Advertisement

Sunday 8pm Dreddy, kruz + relax's feeders ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I used the link above for that stream, but it cuts off with 10 mins to go. Is there a link for the end of it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

grizzly wrote: »
    I used the link above for that stream, but it cuts off with 10 mins to go. Is there a link for the end of it?

Nah, they fell asleep

grizzly wrote: »

It ends about 30 seconds after that so not much use in another vod - we just take the throne.
    Sunday 8pm Dreddy, kruz + relax's feeders ?

Oh ho ho... Feeders? You don't know what's in shtore.

Can you answer my question please you ****ing feeder? :p

Are you the block fighter?

Waiting to hear back from the lads, will let you know asap.

Sunday at 8 suits everyone, sorry about the delay in replying!

Oke doke

Are you the block fighter?

• Advertisement

**** is going to go down, big sthhhhylleeeeeeeeeeee

Advertisement