Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Season 1 Discussion

Options
  • 14-10-2013 10:45pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Following on from the signups thread, we're starting a fresh with a league discussion thread.

Season 1 wiki Link

Team|Roster
    Granga|eLe[C],Ripchen,Waterboy,The Big D,Aturis,Wraith.
    WTF|cherryghost[C], blueexorcist, Mojojojo, depony, deconduo
    jesus_had_aegis|Vanilla Thunder[C], PHG, Fennikusu, Sinbad269, rcazzy
    Love2feed|kaG[C], Taraldrion, Known, Joe, Gooderz, Mikey
    Dire Strats|Dreddybajs[C], Kuruz, Red350, Rocketknight, Relax
    Im Ur F00d|Justice[C], Trixer, TheCraigness, Mikdee, grizgrizzly
    Shiny Orb Express|Fiquem, LightKisu[C], flyingcomma, Krox, FRANCH (stand-in)
    Drama|Aldo[C], Phil, Flavio, Shadowrath, Enbee, Flow

275920.png

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Can eLe, Lightkisu and Aldo please PM me?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

well done Cherryghost, thanks for your efforts!
    i'll forgive you making a captain out of me.

for Unnamed Team 2 i'll go with the team name: Im Ur F00d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just out if interest are any of these games going to be streamed or broadcast. I don't play much dota but I do like watching it. Wouldn't mind watching some boards/Irish games

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Just out if interest are any of these games going to be streamed or broadcast. I don't play much dota but I do like watching it. Wouldn't mind watching some boards/Irish games

Yup, we'll have some local casters as well as Pyrion Flaxx doing a few!

When do I have to feed and for how long? Is Sniper banned?

• Advertisement

When do I have to feed and for how long? Is Sniper banned?

Nobody is banned, feed all you want :P

I asked the guys maybe we can start next Wednesday, need to get in contact with 2 more teams regardless.

Plus I need practice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Apologizing to my team in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sephiroth_vg

I've been casting a few tourneys! Wouldnt mind casting this and or standing in for you lads! Can the organizer add me on steam here ? http://steamcommunity.com/id/sephirothvg/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sounds good sephiroth:)

and good work with the season cherry!

I've been casting a few tourneys! Wouldnt mind casting this and or standing in for you lads! Can the organizer add me on steam here ? http://steamcommunity.com/id/sephirothvg/

Done and done!

• Advertisement

Shiny Orb Express will play WTF at 8pm next Saturday :)

If any other teams have organized their matches next week, PM me with the time and date and we'll get casters sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hawk9433

is there any news who is in semi ?

Hawk9433 wrote: »
    is there any news who is in semi ?

It hasn't started yet. Starting this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hawk9433

kk... is there going to be second season strait away after first? might be interested in joining

Hawk9433 wrote: »
    kk... is there going to be second season strait away after first? might be interested in joining

I think so yes, I've got messages from (I think) 4 teams this week alone. I reckon maybe end of next month we'll get another ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

edit: nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I arranged with Justice that we (Dire Strats) play Im ur food tomorrow evening, but cherryghost who's supposed to be standing in for them apparently can't play then - tried messaging Justice tonight but no reply. What's the craic, are we still on for tomorrow evening? :confused:

edit: Sorted, we're playing Friday evening

Ok, we've got 3 games and 3 times so far!

Drama vs Granga are playing tonight! (either 9 or 10, will confirm asap)
    Dire Strats vs Im Ur F00d is set to go ahead Friday at 7
    Shiny Orb Express vs WTF are playing Saturday at 8

So just waiting on the final match to be arranged

I can play tonight, once Paul can play we should be ok for love2feed to have 5.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Advertisement

Drama vs Granga's game will be streamed on Twitch here at circa 9pm. Of course it's viewable in Dota 2 client. Seph will be our lovely host for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sephiroth_vg

Guys. Just so we all have better communication, updates and stuff I advise that all players and related lads join a ingame chat channel! Just go look for 'Dota2Ireland' and ull find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Guys. Just so we all have better communication, updates and stuff I advise that all players and related lads join a ingame chat channel! Just go look for 'Dota2Ireland' and ull find it!

There are already the Ireland channel with a lot of people as well as the boards guild channel for people to use, I don't think splitting people chatting in a third one will help matters.

Congratulations to Granga who make it through to the next round in the winners bracket, where they will play either WTF or Shiny Orb Express. Unlucky Drama still are in, as they will play the losers of the above in the losers bracket, still in with a chance of making a run.

277421.png

Tonights game is jesus_had_aegis vs Love2Feed, due to be played at 9:30 this evening.

Good watch last night, and casting made it much more fun to watch, gj.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

any chance you got match ids? wouldnt mind downloading replay.

Don't have it offhand but there's a Twitch replay here

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Brittnom

Yeah, I just seen this right just now, would like to join the next competition. Is there any chance of a christmas cup or something after this one?

Brittnom wrote: »
    Yeah, I just seen this right just now, would like to join the next competition. Is there any chance of a christmas cup or something after this one?

One of our teams are a player short tonight if you want to join up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Brittnom

I actually can't tonight, have a pub crawl I can't miss :/ let me know in future if the same thing happens again!

Advertisement