Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

dont think so my one only kicks into use on the first game of the league, i dont think the warm up games are covered

Cheers for that I only ordered one so was wondering about the trip to mullingar in jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Cheers for that I only ordered one so was wondering about the trip to mullingar in jan.

i am not 100% on that the hill 16 ticket could be different but the general season tickets for both football and hurling do not cover the warm up competitions

it would be fair anoying to drive all the we down to mullingar to find out at the gate your not covered

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Does the season ticket hill 16 type get you free into the o byrne cup?

No. The O'Byrne Cup gate receipts go into an injured players fund, not to the GAA or the Leinster council. So everyone has to pay to get in to them, regardless of where they are played, even if they are a season ticket holder. The season ticket and the Parnell Pass only cover the league and the provincial/AI champos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LaineyDeutsch

Does the GAA Season ticket cover the FBD league matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Fairly certaind its a no unfortunately :(

The FBD are well worth going to though if your at nothing else!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

No, but there're still brilliant value! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

Just bought season tickets this morning (bit late I know), can anyone tell me if I'll have them by the first round of the league. Secondly I bought four of them. For games in Croke Park, will the seats be together or have I to create a seating group?

SportsMad1 wrote: »
    Just bought season tickets this morning (bit late I know), can anyone tell me if I'll have them by the first round of the league. Secondly I bought four of them. For games in Croke Park, will the seats be together or have I to create a seating group?

Tickets bought on the same season ticket account will be all seated together. If you join a seating group, everyone in your account will join. If you do not receive your tickets (cards) before the first match, print out the confirmation mail you got. (they might have something else to print out as proof, not sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Tickets bought on the same season ticket account will be all seated together. If you join a seating group, everyone in your account will join. If you do not receive your tickets (cards) before the first match, print out the confirmation mail you got. (they might have something else to print out as proof, not sure)

Thanks mayo.mick. I bought the tickets on the same account and got that confimation email aswell just in case I don't get them in time. Grand job!

SportsMad1 wrote: »
    Thanks mayo.mick. I bought the tickets on the same account and got that confimation email aswell just in case I don't get them in time. Grand job!

Your're welcome. Loads of information here, http://mayoclub51.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/season-tickets-arrange-to-sit-with-family-friends-1_01.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I was just doing the sums on the hurling season ticket. With the new league ticket prices, I'm not sure the ticket is value anymore. I posted about it on the Kilkenny thread. Maybe my sums are wrong, so can some one correct me if so? But from what I can see, now instead of a great bit of saving, a reward for loyalty and advance investment in the season, they've turned it into a very bad value bet on how your team will get on during the year with a fair to middling chance on you losing a couple of quid.

Please, someone tell me that my figures are wrong but I don't think they are. Awful kick in the teeth to the gaa's most loyal fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The season tickets are the same price now as it was when league games were 15 Euro :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The season tickets are the same price now as it was when league games were 15 Euro :mad:

And more than when you had seven league games.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ya its poor form from the season ticket guys not to reduce prices, all it has going for it now is convience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ya its poor form from the season ticket guys not to reduce prices, all it has going for it now is convience.

Well ya do get the guarantee of an AI ticket if your county gets there. That's the only reason I purchased last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Well ya do get the guarantee of an AI ticket if your county gets there. That's the only reason I purchased last year.

Yeah but that's for loyalty, you still pay full price. The hurling season ticket now for possible 5 league games at a tenner a head is the same price as when you had 7 league games at 15 euro a head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Yeah but that's for loyalty, you still pay full price. The hurling season ticket now for possible 5 league games at a tenner a head is the same price as when you had 7 league games at 15 euro a head.

For new customers the hurling ticket was €85. For renewals it was €75.

Guaranteed "savings" for the hurling ticket is €70 - 5 league games, free first championship match but your team get knocked out, €5 off your first backdoor match and you get knocked out.

Is the €15 worth a risk on how good your team does? If they make semi-finals in the league you save another €10. If they make the final it's probably €15 saved. You get to go to the league semis/final for free anyway, even if your team isn't in it.

It's not bad value, it's not great value. However for the security of knowing you have an AI final ticket and if you're going to go the all the matches it is worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

For new customers the hurling ticket was €85. For renewals it was €75.

Guaranteed "savings" for the hurling ticket is €70 - 5 league games, free first championship match but your team get knocked out, €5 off your first backdoor match and you get knocked out.

Is the €15 worth a risk on how good your team does? If they make semi-finals in the league you save another €10. If they make the final it's probably €15 saved. You get to go to the league semis/final for free anyway, even if your team isn't in it.

It's not bad value, it's not great value. However for the security of knowing you have an AI final ticket and if you're going to go the all the matches it is worth the investment.

The issue is though that its getting increasingly cheaper to go to league matches with normal tickets but that saving is not being passed on to the most loyal of supporters. The season ticket is a fantastic idea and I've had one since it's first year but I'm still annoyed that I'm not getting the reduction of someone who decides to go to an odd league match on a fine sunny day!

The issue is though that its getting increasingly cheaper to go to league matches with normal tickets but that saving is not being passed on to the most loyal of supporters. The season ticket is a fantastic idea and I've had one since it's first year but I'm still annoyed that I'm not getting the reduction of someone who decides to go to an odd league match on a fine sunny day!

Of course, but you buy on the basis that you're going to all of those matches that you're getting for free. If you went to all the 5 league matches, one championship and one backdoor that's €70 value so you lose out €5 on a renewal or €15 in your first year. On those maths (guaranteed games) I will concede that perhaps the hurling ticket should be cheaper - €70 renewal, or €80 for new business. Still, that's only €5 and I'll gamble €5 on a guaranteed final ticket or more than 2 championship matches even if I wasn't a Dub. If the prices go up any more or the number of guaranteed matches is reduced I'll seriously have to reconsider my tickets for each code

Without going to all matches there will never be any value in a season ticket. Buy a Liverpool season ticket for £800 and go to 10 matches at ~£65 a match and you lose out. Buy a Leinster Rugby season ticket at €500 and go to 10 or 12 matches and you'll lose money as well. Nature of the beast really.

Of course, but you buy on the basis that you're going to all of those matches that you're getting for free. If you went to all the 5 league matches, one championship and one backdoor that's €70 value so you lose out €5 on a renewal or €15 in your first year. On those maths (guaranteed games) I will concede that perhaps the hurling ticket should be cheaper - €70 renewal, or €80 for new business. Still, that's only €5 and I'll gamble €5 on a guaranteed final ticket or more than 2 championship matches even if I wasn't a Dub. If the prices go up any more or the number of guaranteed matches is reduced I'll seriously have to reconsider my tickets for each code

Without going to all matches there will never be any value in a season ticket. Buy a Liverpool season ticket for £800 and go to 10 matches at ~£65 a match and you lose out. Buy a Leinster Rugby season ticket at €500 and go to 10 or 12 matches and you'll lose money as well. Nature of the beast really.

I do go to all the matches - and would with or without a season ticket. My gripe is that prices are being reduced for general sale tickets but not for season tickets - that's all. :cool:

• Advertisement

I do go to all the matches - and would with or without a season ticket. My gripe is that prices are being reduced for general sale tickets but not for season tickets - that's all. :cool:

I'm not having a go, I'm just saying that if you went to the same matches the season ticket guarantees you end up spending €70. You spend either €75 on a renewal or €85 for your first year. It's not like you're getting shafted for being a season ticket supporter or anything. Previously there was more value all right (7 matches at €15/match) but it's still not bad value, most ST holders will break even or do better than their outlay :)

I'm not having a go, I'm just saying that if you went to the same matches the season ticket guarantees you end up spending €70. You spend either €75 on a renewal or €85 for your first year. It's not like you're getting shafted for being a season ticket supporter or anything. Previously there was more value all right (7 matches at €15/match) but it's still not bad value, most ST holders will break even or do better than their outlay :)

Fair enough - I'm still a little bit thick with Croke Park though - kind of like when Sky or someone offers a super duper cheap deal for "new customers only"....I'll get over it if I'm sitting in Section 406 of the Cusack on the second Sunday in September I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Fair enough - I'm still a little bit thick with Croke Park though - kind of like when Sky or someone offers a super duper cheap deal for "new customers only"....I'll get over it if I'm sitting in Section 406 of the Cusack on the second Sunday in September I suppose!
    it is ironic that a Kilkenny fan doesnt see a guaranteed all ireland ticket as being a bonus in the scheme, should one of the most regular teams to be in a final get to yet ANOTHER one!

it is ironic that a Kilkenny fan doesnt see a guaranteed all ireland ticket as being a bonus in the scheme, should one of the most regular teams to be in a final get to yet ANOTHER one!

Of course I appreciate it - we've had better value than anyone else since the season ticket started - this is either the 4th or 5th year? and I've gotten brilliant AI final tickets every year bar one because of it!! But that is not my point!! (to clarify again, my point is - ticket prices for the league are being reduced for general sale tickets, season ticket prices were not reduced)

The price isn't based on the likelihood of making a final in any season ticket. You have to take the value of the ticket based on guaranteed matches and every hurling season ticket only has €70 worth of guaranteed value, though most will end up with more. There has been a reduction in value since the entry prices to the league and number of matches was reduced but it's still well above the threshold for most people I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Grats

Does anybody know if a hurling season ticket would get you into the double bill in Croke Park next Sat? Walsh Cup Final KK v Dub and Kerry v Dub in football.

Grats wrote: »
    Does anybody know if a hurling season ticket would get you into the double bill in Croke Park next Sat? Walsh Cup Final KK v Dub and Kerry v Dub in football.

Would doubt it very much. Technically it shouldnt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No. The football season ticket and the hurling season ticket are two different things. Having one will not get you into games in the other code. Pre season tournaments (such as the Walsh Cup) are not covered by the season ticket, so you are out of luck on both fronts. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Grats

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No. The football season ticket and the hurling season ticket are two different things. Having one will not get you into games in the other code. Pre season tournaments (such as the Walsh Cup) are not covered by the season ticket, so you are out of luck on both fronts. Sorry.

Thanks for info.

• Advertisement

Thanks for info.

Yep, just to confirm the pre-league competitions aren't covered. So you either pay for a ticket on Tickets.ie (€10 I believe) or if you have a Parnell Pass/Season Ticket for Football you're covered :D

Advertisement