Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

El Viz wrote: »
    I'm sticking with my Parnell pass. Better value if ya ask me.

Do you not have to go to Parnell Park to pick up tickets for each Dublin game?

That wouldn't suit a lot of Dublin ST holders who don't live near Donnycarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    Do you not have to go to Parnell Park to pick up tickets for each Dublin game?

That wouldn't suit a lot of Dublin ST holders who don't live near Donnycarney.

No. The only game you have to go into the DCB to get your ticket is the All Ireland final. (The ticket office is in Dorset St btw, it's not Parnell Park.) Having a PP entitles you to buy a ticket to every single Dubs game. You can go into the DCB office and buy them there, or you can buy them online or you can buy them at Croke Park on the day. It doesn't make any difference. They are all the same price. The PP does not have an attendance criteria to get an All Ireland final ticket, the way that the season ticket does, so it doesn't matter where you buy your ticket, or even if you go to the games or not, so there is no need for them to issue you with a special ticket that tracks your attendance. As All Ireland final tickets don't go on sale to the general public, you have to go into the DCB ticket office to pick it up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I’m guessing the reason no Dublin season tickets for the Cusack stand were sold was because of the right the season ticket gives you to an All-Ireland final ticket, if the Dubs are fortunate enough to get that far. Limit the number of Cusack stand season tickets and therefore limit the number seated All-Ireland tickets that have to go to season ticket holders.

Why do they want to limit the amount of AI Final tickets that go to season ticket holders? That probably is the case, which is incredibly annoying
    Why not instead of just selling Hill16 season tickets, continue to sell Cusack stand season tickets but with the caveat that if the Dubs gets to an All-Ireland new season ticket owners will be entitled to purchase a Hill16 ticket (and maybe after 2/3 years your entitlement changes to a Cusack stand ticket). Also continue the juvenile season ticket for Cusack stand but with no entitlement to All-Ireland ticket.

Again why, if the season ticket holder has been going to the games all year why must the GAA make it so difficult for these fans to get a final ticket or move them to a terrace for the day? And if moving them for the final, they are moving them out of the seat they've been in all year to make room for who exactly?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

nm wrote: »
    Why do they want to limit the amount of AI Final tickets that go to season ticket holders? That probably is the case, which is incredibly annoying

Again why, if the season ticket holder has been going to the games all year why must the GAA make it so difficult for these fans to get a final ticket or move them to a terrace for the day? And if moving them for the final, they are moving them out of the seat they've been in all year to make room for who exactly?
    TBH I'd say that the set amount of tickets was sold via last year's ticket holders getting a two week jump over new applicants. I doubt there is any plot by the GAA against season ticket holders, bound to be a simple reason for it, particularly when it's not a money issue as everyone pays for the AI ticket anyway.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

TBH I'd say that the set amount of tickets was sold via last year's ticket holders getting a two week jump over new applicants. I doubt there is any plot by the GAA against season ticket holders, bound to be a simple reason for it, particularly when it's not a money issue as everyone pays for the AI ticket anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Also continue the juvenile season ticket for Cusack stand but with no entitlement to All-Ireland ticket.

Seriously? You try telling your kid who has gone with you to matches all year if that scenario ever arose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

Stoner wrote: »
    I don't get the logic, am I missing something, you still have to pay more or less full price for the AI ticket, why would you limit season tickets for the Cusack? They are counted as part of Dublin allocation anyway, just like any other County offering season tickets.
    Why would you limit the amount of seated tickets for season ticket holders if they pay full price and have been to more matches.

Only a finite number of seated tickets. Increase the number of season tickets and therefore you have to decrease allocation of tickets to clubs.

The issue is not selling All-Ireland final tickets as it will be always a sell-out, rather who actually gets those tickets

From my experience clubs tend to me more precious about stand tickets than Hill16 tickets. A lot of older members only want stand tickets.

I was just floating the idea of continuing to sell season tickets for the Stands but for newcomers only give them an entitlement to purchase Hill16 All-Ireland tickets.

Its just a Dublin problem really. Have to remember the competing county allocation is only around 33,000 (2 X Senior teams & 2 X minor teams). The rest of the allocations are fixed. Increase Season tickets and therefore decrease competing county allocations. Tickets have to go to clubs, its just one of those facts of life!

I know its annoying but to be honest i could not believe when the scheme came out that it would actually guarantee you a All-Ireland ticket. Many a GAA volunteer who puts many hours into local clubs is not guaranteed a ticket.

Apologies if this sounds flippant but the GAA is primarily about involvement and fans are significantly down the pecking order.

dcr22B wrote: »
    Seriously? You try telling your kid who has gone with you to matches all year if that scenario ever arose.

Yes, at the moment there are no Season tickets for Dublin children.

Whats better having a scheme that allows you bring your kid to all Dublin games for €5 and give them an avenue over say 3 years to have entitlement to an All-Ireland ticket or don't let them go at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Whats better having a scheme that allows you bring you kid to all Dublin games for €5 and give them an avenue over say 3 years to have entitlement to an All-Ireland ticket or don't let them go at all?

If people really wanted a season ticket they would have got it before this year.

At the end of the day the GAA is rewarding the contract that I originally entered into by giving me first option on renewing our season tickets & as an added bonus I got my Daughter & my own renewal this year for €85.

We missed one game last year between the O'Byrne cup, League & Championship so I think she was more than entitled to be rewarded with an AI Final ticket which I gladly paid full price for her on.

• Advertisement

There are season tickets for juveniles who have already had the tickets from this year and back.

celticbest wrote: »
    If people really wanted a season ticket they would have got it before this year.

At the end of the day the GAA is rewarding the contract that I originally entered into by giving me first option on renewing our season tickets & as an added bonus I got my Daughter & my own renewal this year for €85.

We missed one game last year between the O'Byrne cup, League & Championship so I think she was more than entitled to be rewarded with an AI Final ticket which I gladly paid full price for her on.

Think you might have picked me up wrong. I was not questioning any season ticket holder (adult or Juvenile) rights to an All-Ireland Final ticket, assuming they met the 60% criteria.

As i previously stated i too have had a season ticket and this will be my 4th year.

I was just trying to address the current problem. Juveniles can't purchase Hill16 season tickets and are no Cusack stand tickets for sale (for either Adults or Juveniles). I was suggesting continuing selling Cusack Stand season tickets but new adult entrants would only be entitled to a Hill16 tickets for first 2/3 years and junveniles would have to be part of the scheme for 2/3 years to qualify to All-Ireland ticket.

There are season tickets for juveniles who have already had the tickets from this year and back.

But a new juvenile this year cannot buy a season ticket of any kind for the Dubs. That is wrong in my opinion.

Existing adult & juvenile season ticket holders are on the pigs back!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I was just trying to address the current problem. Juveniles can't purchase Hill16 season tickets and are no Cusack stand tickets for sale (for either Adults or Juveniles). I was suggesting continuing selling Cusack Stand season tickets but new adult entrants would only be entitled to a Hill16 tickets for first 2/3 years and junveniles would have to be part of the scheme for 2/3 years to qualify to All-Ireland ticket.

The only problem with that is nobody would want to purchase a Season Ticket as there is a ready stream of tickets available to all Games except the AI Final.

The bottom line is that the GAA should reward the real fans who turn up in all weathers to support their county. If this means an increase in Season Ticket allocations then so be it. If Clubs have to lose out on their allocation as a result then also so be it, the scramble I saw in my Club for AI Final Tickets was nothing short of ridiculous, people came out of the woodwork looking for tickets.

The fairest way is to reward people for their support whether this be through a Season ticket or through your Club & in order to qualify for AI Final tickets then a certain attendance criteria must be meet, i.e. The 60% currently in place on the GAA Season Ticket.

celticbest wrote: »
    The only problem with that is nobody would want to purchase a Season Ticket as there is a ready stream of tickets available to all Games except the AI Final.

The bottom line is that the GAA should reward the real fans who turn up in all weathers to support their county. If this means an increase in Season Ticket allocations then so be it. If Clubs have to lose out on their allocation as a result then also so be it, the scramble I saw in my Club for AI Final Tickets was nothing short of ridiculous, people came out of the woodwork looking for tickets.

The fairest way is to reward people for their support whether this be through a Season ticket or through your Club & in order to qualify for AI Final tickets then a certain attendance criteria must be meet, i.e. The 60% currently in place on the GAA Season Ticket.

I hear what you are saying but cant see Clubs agreeing to a smaller All-Ireland allocations. And i know the way ticket are allocated in some big Dublin clubs can be ridiculous but my own club has 2000 members and we got 60-70 tickets.

There are many other benefits to the Season ticket apart from it just saving you money and guaranteeing you an All - Ireland ticket, the best of all is that you have the best seat in the house for all the games. :)

I'm pretty sure from talking with some egg chasers that having a Leinster season ticket does not guarantee you a H-Cup Final ticket. I think they raffle tickets amongst season ticket holders (could be wrong and am open to correction).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Stoner wrote: »
    I don't get the logic, am I missing something, you still have to pay more or less full price for the AI ticket, why would you limit season tickets for the Cusack? They are counted as part of Dublin allocation anyway, just like any other County offering season tickets.
    Why would you limit the amount of seated tickets for season ticket holders if they pay full price and have been to more matches.

I'd say everyone just renewed their tickets from last year.

AI Final season tickets tickets do not come out of the counties ticket allocation. They are a GAA initiative not a county initiative and come out of the big pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

I'm in the process of buying one online. It's asking me for a local club. I'm not a member of a club, does that matter? Should I just put down a local club anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

yenom wrote: »
    I'm in the process of buying one online. It's asking me for a local club. I'm not a member of a club, does that matter? Should I just put down a local club anyway?

Yes put down you're local club even if you're not a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Thanks, I'll do that.

Club+ renewal for Dublin fans released this morning, €80 for club football and hurling.

That's just ripping off Dublin fans, I and many others go to very few hurling matches and if we buy a football ticket then we should only have to get Club+ for our chosen code.

Any other counties have this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Rip off addition in my opinion. Last year it was €45 for one code. Thats a fair price.

Explains the cost of the hill16 ticket. €85 for the ticket & €80 for club+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

Actually, why do they do this? I am not a member of my club either. When I bought my season ticket I put down my club when asked. Does the club get some of the fee? Hopefully they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

lukin wrote: »
    Actually, why do they do this? I am not a member of my club either. When I bought my season ticket I put down my club when asked. Does the club get some of the fee? Hopefully they do.
    nobody ever came up with an answer on that, but its likely to do with statistics and maybe so that a club can be notified for in demand games that one of their members already has a ticket
    (but thats just my un-educated guess!)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

What if I am not a member of any club and my local club is not in my season ticket's county? e.g. I currently live in Dublin but my home county is Clare. Can I put down Cuala or Kilmacud as my local club when applying for a Clare season ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

What if I am not a member of any club and my local club is not in my season ticket's county? e.g. I currently live in Dublin but my home county is Clare. Can I put down Cuala or Kilmacud as my local club when applying for a Clare season ticket?

Put down your local club, ie. locality where you are living, will also match address used.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Club+ renewal for Dublin fans released this morning, €80 for club football and hurling.

That's just ripping off Dublin fans, I and many others go to very few hurling matches and if we buy a football ticket then we should only have to get Club+ for our chosen code.

Any other counties have this issue?

Whats the different in before?
    Wonder is that the same as the Chairde Mayo ticket? Think they are 200 quid. Least you get an AI ticket with the Chairde Mayo ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

yop wrote: »
    Wonder is that the same as the Chairde Mayo ticket? Think they are 200 quid. Least you get an AI ticket with the Chairde Mayo ticket.

Do you not get an AI ticket with the Hill 16 pass?:(

Wonder is that the same as the Chairde Mayo ticket? Think they are 200 quid. Least you get the option to buy an AI ticket with the Chairde Mayo ticket.

^^Fixed^^

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mayo.mick wrote: »
    ^^Fixed^^

lol sorry, fecking grammar police! :D

Same as the GAA Season Ticket. You get an option.

I would suspect you get "An Option" to buy with the Hill 16 ticket also

• Advertisement

lol sorry, fecking grammar police! :D

Same as the GAA Season Ticket. You get an option.

I would suspect you get "An Option" to buy with the Hill 16 ticket also

Cáirde Mhaigheo season ticket holders also get a nice warm jacket when they buy one :p

Advertisement