Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg G2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

moonboy52 wrote: »
    So did 4g functionality come with Kitkat or do we will still have to use that secret menu posted a few pages back?

I think i will buy this phone if this is the case and sell my One X as the battery life is very bad on the HOX

Made no difference to my mobile network settings after updating to 4.4

Might have something to do with the Sim card though.

I'm on Three network, seen this on the three forum

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057161138/3/#post89509525

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

My eglobal order is with customs so its not all plain sailing with them. I don't mind as when I decided to order from them I took this potential cost into account. I will however be contacting eglobal about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

What does the DHL status say? "Awaiting custom clearance" or similar? If so, mine said something similar but got clearance a little later.

Nope it says...
    Customs status updated
    Contact DHL
    Clearance Event

I also got a phonecall this morning asking for proof of purchase (PayPal receipt) stating content, cost, shipping & total paid. In other words they know my PayPal receipt won't match the details on the package :)

Def will be paying vat on it now but that's life as they say & I wouldn't have bought it from Hong Kong if I wasn't willing to pay the vat if it came to it. I just hope it doesn't hold up my order too much!

• Advertisement

Ouch, at least you ordered anticipating customs. What shipping did you choose?

Interested to hear what eglobal will say...

viking wrote: »
    Ouch, at least you ordered anticipating customs. What shipping did you choose?

Interested to hear what eglobal will say...

Free shipping under the if its going to be noted as worth so little why would you pay to insure it :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Free shipping under the if its going to be noted as worth so little why would you pay to insure it :)

Email egloble and tell them about the situation, tell them you will refuse
    The order from DHL and that they will return the item to them.

Email them your invoice from customs.

Did you pay with PayPal ?

Insurance might be done separately and for full value. That used to be the case when I was buying camera gear from HK a few years back...

viking wrote: »
    Insurance might be done separately and for full value. That used to be the case when I was buying camera gear from HK a few years back...

No I knew it would be covered for the full amount if it was insured but from a customs perspective would you pay insured delivery on something worth €18. Doesn't really matter now as they have it anyway :)

• Advertisement

Email egloble and tell them about the situation, tell them you will refuse
    The order from DHL and that they will return the item to them.

Email them your invoice from customs.

Did you pay with PayPal ?

I did pay with PayPal. I haven't yet got an invoice from customs but I have sent the PayPal invoice as requested so hopefully they will be in touch soon.

The thing is I want the phone, I have an iPhone 3GS so a new phone is long overdue :)

My proof of purchase has been passed to customs for their approval. If they are happy with that then they can calculate my vat/duty but it could take 3/5 days & customs can hold it for as long as they like basically (which will be the bit that annoys me more!).

I did pay with PayPal. I haven't yet got an invoice from customs but I have sent the PayPal invoice as requested so hopefully they will be in touch soon.

The thing is I want the phone, I have an iPhone 3GS so a new phone is long overdue :)

It's up to yourself, but PayPal should give you a refund because egloble didn't honor their part of the deal.

Hopefully you get refunded the custom's fee from egloble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

My proof of purchase has been passed to customs for their approval. If they are happy with that then they can calculate my vat/duty but it could take 3/5 days & customs can hold it for as long as they like basically (which will be the bit that annoys me more!).

That's exactly why I ordered from Amazon. Had the phone within 3 days of ordering it.

That's exactly why I ordered from Amazon. Had the phone within 3 days of ordering it.

With vat it will still be cheaper than amazon though & the lack of updates for the European versions put me off them in case the update never comes. Swings & roundabouts if it hasn't got stopped it would be here tomorrow at the latest. DHL have been super speedy with their side & I haven't tried to hide what it is etc so hopefully customs will be nice & just charge me efficiently :)

It's up to yourself, but PayPal should give you a refund because egloble didn't honor their part of the deal.

Hopefully you get refunded the custom's fee from egloble.

Do you think I could open a PayPal dispute for the vat fee?

Do you think I could open a PayPal dispute for the vat fee?

I think you have a very good chance

Read the bottom of this page:

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/shipping-and-insurance-eu.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Made no difference to my mobile network settings after updating to 4.4

Might have something to do with the Sim card though.

I'm on Three network, seen this on the three forum

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057161138/3/#post89509525

Thank you for that jonny.

I am still a bit confused if the phone supports 4g or not.

It is a lot of money to shell out to find it does not have that functionality.

Can anyone add any details if they have 4g on their phones?

I have an offer of €175 for my One X.

This is the G2 i will go for:

http://www.amazon.de/LG-Smartphone-Touchscreen-Quad-Core-Megapixel/dp/B00FG0UCC0/ref=sr_1_2?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1395331428&sr=1-2&keywords=lg+g2

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

That phone will have 4G no problem.

AFAIK, the German firmware have LTE option automatically.

I have a South East Asia phone - and I need to enabled it via the code.

I had to do it with Android 4.2.2 and still have to do it now with 4.4 which I got two days ago.

I just have the number saved without the last #. So I just dial it whenever I need it.

However, I might switch over to the German Firmware in the near future.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

That phone will have 4G no problem.

AFAIK, the German firmware have LTE option automatically.

I have a South East Asia phone - and I need to enabled it via the code.

I had to do it with Android 4.2.2 and still have to do it now with 4.4 which I got two days ago.

I just have the number saved without the last #. So I just dial it whenever I need it.

However, I might switch over to the German Firmware in the near future.

Hope that helps.

It sure does TakeTheVeil. Cheers!

• Advertisement

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Thank you for that jonny.

I am still a bit confused if the phone supports 4g or not.

It is a lot of money to shell out to find it does not have that functionality.

Can anyone add any details if they have 4g on their phones?

I have an offer of €175 for my One X.

This is the G2 i will go for:

http://www.amazon.de/LG-Smartphone-Touchscreen-Quad-Core-Megapixel/dp/B00FG0UCC0/ref=sr_1_2?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1395331428&sr=1-2&keywords=lg+g2

My 4g works perfect, you just have to put in the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

There is a free app '4g switcher' that I would recommend you download. Opening the app brings you straight to the network menu.

Patww79 wrote: »
    What's the code? I found a YouTube video that showed how to get a menu to switch it on, but it says it's unavailable on my phone. Not sure of it's because I'm on 4.2 or because my phone is UK.

Type in dialer:

3845#*802#,then the secret menu will come up...Then:

1. Go to LTE-Only
    2. Modem Settings
    3. RAT Selection
    4. Select GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto

This works on my model D802

Patww79 wrote: »
    What's the code? I found a YouTube video that showed how to get a menu to switch it on, but it says it's unavailable on my phone. Not sure of it's because I'm on 4.2 or because my phone is UK.

If the code doesn't work try a different Sim in it.

There are a few posts here about it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2664467

Update:

My phone is out for delivery wahoo & I have to pay the driver €98.31. Eglobal contacted me (I guess customs was on to them!) to apologise for the inconvenience, ask me to pay the vat to expedite me getting the phone (they blamed "an operational error which selected the wrong shipping method" for it ending up with customs) & send proof of payment to a specified email address for refund. I will get a receipt from DHL of payment to the driver within 5 days so I guess we will wait & see but at least they contacted me first! If they play slow coach on returning my funds, I will open a PayPal dispute just before the time limit is up!

It's here :D if you like red I would def recommend this option! It's a lovely shade & a textured surface so finger prints don't mark it in the same way as glossy plastic :)

DHL man (nice guy) said I could get one next week with no charge that's just how it goes :) Have my receipt to send off to eglobal so hopefully that will be pain free!

And this is the side...not sure if the black has the little silver strip :)

• Advertisement

And this is the side...not sure if the black has the little silver strip :)

I'm glad your happy, you will probably get an update straight away to 4.4

Advertisement