Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg G2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rj087

Hi folks, I thinking of buying either the lg g2 or the nexus 5 and need some advise. I'm useless when it come to the hardware spec etc so just looking for some practical advise. I'm looking for something for everyday use with a good camera and battery (my current apple phone lasts half a day max). Also I see a lot of people hae bought from expansy, I assume they are reliable?? Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

I bought mine from Amazon so can't help you with expansy. Got mine just the other day and love it so far. Overall the LG would have better spec, particularly with regard to the camera and the battery. I bought mine from Amazon.

Little tip: I bought the Spizen cover for my phone and I love it. Really stylish and gives good protection too. Was pricey but I feel it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Yeah the LG has a much better camera and battery. Bought mine from Amazon aswell. Absolutely love the phone. You won't regret buying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rj087

Thanks for the replies. Seems Lg is the way to go. Just out of curiosity though are there any aspects of the Nexus that beats the Lg??

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Is anyone using a screen protector? With a 20 month old it is going to be essential really :)

Also interested in what cases others are using if any....as above a case will be essential protection!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

Hey guys,

I'm bck again. I have just noticed that I have the Asian software on my phone. Does this make any difference to it? I know it doesn't at the moment but will it make a difference in the future if I want updates or anything like that?

Thanks

Ok so for those of you who chose to purchase from amazon directly (not a marketplace seller) whether the uk, France, Germany etc why did you choose to buy from amazon over the likes of e global central? Was it for warranty, trust in the company, wary of getting caught for customs/fakes or anything else?

What benefits are there to having a European version versus an Asian version, if any?

• Advertisement

With the added question of how did you get around the shipping restrictions from amazon France & Germany :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    With the added question of how did you get around the shipping restrictions from amazon France & Germany :)

Well I got mine from the French Amazon. Wanted to buy from Amazon because I just didn't Trust those other websites enough. Got a good price for it as well and was 50 euro cheaper than the UK store. Didn't find any restrictions whatsoever, shipped free right to my door!

Only downside is the European charger which seems to offer less power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Currently downloading the Kit Kat update

OTA

You'll be happy to know the "the garish bubblegum blue signal/wireless/battery indicators" are gone :) Plain white now...

viking wrote: »

No sign of the update here although I'm not too worried about it tbh.
    Where did you get yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭guza81

Where did you get yours?

here:
    Got my 32GB 802 from eglobalcentral today, fast delivery and no VAT or customs. Charger is 2 pin but came with adapter. No OS update as yet, running 4.2.2, software version is D80210c-TWN-XX

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

No download for me yet, is there any differance compared to 4.2

Well I've gone and ordered a red one from e global central so cross your fingers it gets to me safely. I went with the free delivery too :eek:

Has anyone been asked for the security questions & what do they involve?

• Advertisement

No download for me yet, is there any differance compared to 4.2

Not a hell of a lot though apps are quicker to open, battery seems better too

Downloading 4.4 kit kat now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Downloading 4.4 kit kat now

Wow nice!

Where did you get it? OTA?

thomasj wrote: »
    Wow nice!

Where did you get it? OTA?

Yes ota, just checked the software update setting.

Yes ota, just checked the software update setting.

Wow will have to keep an eye then. Been waiting for this for ages.

Was yours a UK version?

thomasj wrote: »
    Wow will have to keep an eye then. Been waiting for this for ages.

Was yours a UK version?
    D80210d-HKG-XX

D80210d-HKG-XX

Thanks , hopefully we'll hear news on the European front soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

So did 4g functionality come with Kitkat or do we will still have to use that secret menu posted a few pages back?

I think i will buy this phone if this is the case and sell my One X as the battery life is very bad on the HOX

Advertisement