Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg G2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Is it 4.4 you got? Does it come with 4.2 on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Got 4.4.2 overnight. Got the notification yesterday but download failed three times and then the fourth time seemed to take forever to download.

Noticeable improvement in speed, which I was surprised at - I was already very impressed with how quick the whole thing ticked over. The white icons in the notification bar make it look better. Also like that if you press and hold the notification bar you get date time and carrier information. It's a little thing but a nice trick.

Haven't noticed any hissing as reported by some here when using headphones. I use Google Play Music as my default music player though, so maybe it only affects the native music app?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

moggser wrote: »
    Oh how much was your phone? And vat?if there is vat I might refuse the pack and dispute PayPal charge back they will hate that suggestion for you maybe

It worked out €455 total. Eglobal wrote to me suggesting to pay the vat & they would refund it. I will be contacting them again tonight when my daughter is asleep but if it comes to it I will open a PayPal dispute. Even with vat it's still a good price for the phone (I got the red one) & when I bought it I included the possibility of paying vat in my decision. You shouldn't buy from Asia unless your willing to pay vat :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    It worked out €455 total. Eglobal wrote to me suggesting to pay the vat & they would refund it. I will be contacting them again tonight when my daughter is asleep but if it comes to it I will open a PayPal dispute. Even with vat it's still a good price for the phone (I got the red one) & when I bought it I included the possibility of paying vat in my decision. You shouldn't buy from Asia unless your willing to pay vat :)

I generally don't buy from Asia well not phones anyway change my phone as often the government bring new ways to tax us:) just this one I couldn't get here on adverts well not at good price anyway.. I went for white and I hope I don't get stung for tax all tho its likely... They leave them self's wide open for dispute claiming its tax free tho.. Right!!!! Well I like arguing with them keeps me sane I'm sure they all know my email all around Asia from different arguments :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's 390 euro on Amazon at the minute, including taxes and delivery.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It's 390 euro on Amazon at the minute, including taxes and delivery.

What size was that one ?

What size was that one ?

16 GB

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

16 GB

Ah I went for the 32 for 340 and "if" it don't get taxed I've got bargain so ... Its here already shipped yesterday morning despite ordering very late Monday nite

16 GB

A 32gb one directly from amazon (Germany) is around €460.

• Advertisement

Ah I went for the 32 for 340 and "if" it don't get taxed I've got bargain so ... Its here already shipped yesterday morning despite ordering very late Monday nite

What's your tracking status saying?

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    What's your tracking status saying?

Clearance processing complete in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Then it should be in your hands sometime today!

It will be worth it in the end! Amazing phone!

thomasj wrote: »
    Then it should be in your hands sometime today!

It will be worth it in the end! Amazing phone!

All going well yeah,.. What's the battery like before and after for those who got kit kat recently

All going well yeah,.. What's the battery like before and after for those who got kit kat recently

For me its improved slightly it was already good. Before.

The big difference for me is how smooth and snappy the interface and general feel is since the update.

For me its improved slightly it was already good. Before.

The big difference for me is how smooth and snappy the interface and general feel is since the update.

Is there anything quirky about the phone.. I loved the nexus 4 and left it for HTC one which was a let down their ui bugged me and regretted selling nexus4 then eventually got the nexus 5 which is to me boring or I'm just fussy :-)

Is there anything quirky about the phone.. I loved the nexus 4 and left it for HTC one which was a let down their ui bugged me and regretted selling nexus4 then eventually got the nexus 5 which is to me boring or I'm just fussy :-)

Nah you'll get used to the ui. The ui for the g2 is a major difference to sense on the HTC one. There will be advantages to using the lg ui such as the touch twice to turn on functionality. No buttons needed. It doesn't bug me but if it does bother you there's always launchers on the play store to change the look.

Nah you'll get used to the ui. The ui for the g2 is a major difference to sense on the HTC one. There will be advantages to using the lg ui such as the touch twice to turn on functionality. No buttons needed. It doesn't bug me but if it does bother you there's always launchers on the play store to change the look.

Looking forward to getting it see how long it lasts before I flog it ha ha can't seem to settle on phones at moment.is there qi charging on it?

Buttons are on the back
    Buttons are on the back

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Buttons are on the back
    Buttons are on the back

Ha yeah I knew that it was one of the original things that put me off it in first place I'm sure I'll have to build a bridge on that one

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    With the knock-on you rarely use them anyway.

Secret knock:)

Patww79 wrote: »
    Hopefully we get an update to the new knocks that the G Pro has.

What knocks are these?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What knocks are these?

The new knick knack feature where ya knock and run away :)

Well it landed and no customs just to go get it and have a look see and give it the once over before I flog it :)

Well it landed and no customs just to go get it and have a look see and give it the once over before I flog it :)

Are you selling it straight away?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Are you selling it straight away?

Ha jaysis let me at least see it First ha ha

Ah stop give it a chance! I did and didn't regret it!

• Advertisement

Yep sounds like you escaped! Mine was coming in to Shannon so they prob have more time to check over incoming parcels :)

Give it a chance before you flog it but I'm sure you will have no problems selling it if you decide to!

Advertisement