Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg G2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭clank182

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Had the same problem on my g2 running 4.2 but just updated to kitkat and the menu is now available and 4g is working :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

So G2 folks, has anyone noticed the reported hissing sound eminating when using headphones, after the Kitkat update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭clank182

moonboy52 wrote: »
    So G2 folks, has anyone noticed the reported hissing sound eminating when using headphones, after the Kitkat update?

just noticed it now its very loud. Found a temporary fix on xda developers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2682189&page=25

hopefully lg will fix it in the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've the European version of this phone and I've just been updated to 4.4.2 happy days :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

The 32GB has come down in price to 340 on the eglobal website, less 5.99 if you use the promo code BUY599

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I've the European version of this phone and I've just been updated to 4.4.2 happy days :)
    Was it an OTA update?

I've been checking for updates regularly via settings with no joy. :(

Eponymous wrote: »
    Was it an OTA update?

I've been checking for updates regularly via settings with no joy. :(

Yep ota! You're not missing much tbh.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

I find with LTE on, the battery drains a lot faster... I don't turn it on unless I need to

• Advertisement

Where do I find the lte option?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dublin Deluge

So I have the Asian version of this phone and have been happily using 4G with 3 for the last 2-3 monhts. I just upgraded to KitKat and now I can't use 3G or 4G at all!! There's seems no other way of using Internet on the phone other than via wifi. I do have text messages and can make phone calls.

Has anybody experienced this? Is there a way to downgrade to JellyBean?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dublin Deluge

Fixed my phone. It turns out that I needed to add the APN for 3 on my phone. This thread has info on how to add it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82434245

Anyone else notice since 4.4 that push up for Google now is gone?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

lads and lass's that have this phone over all is it worth taking plunge for this phone over the nexus 5 which i have now and frankly bores me to tears looking at some of your issues there like the hissing noise with usage of head phones which would bug the very piss out of me is that a problem with every one or just a select few? thats enough to make me not get it :0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Got the update this morning. Much more snappier but other than that nothing to write home about.

Still can't access the LTE only permission on the secret menu though! :(

So this isn't a 4g phone then?

moggser wrote: »
    So this isn't a 4g phone then?

It is a 4g phone the problem is you need 3rd party software.

thomasj wrote: »
    It is a 4g phone the problem is you need 3rd party software.

What kind of software and why would it if it's alledged 4g/LTE.... Does the 3rd party software effect it at all

What kind of software and why would it if it's alledged 4g/LTE.... Does the 3rd party software effect it at all

Something like '4g switcher' will do it for you. When you install it and open it it brings you straight into the phone info screen.

Halfway down the screen there is a 'set preferred network type' dropdown menu, you're better off selecting 'LTE/gsm/wcdma' clicking back will then close it.

The only downside is shutting down the phone resets the network settings so you then have to do this process again.

Once you only click the drop down menu nothing else on that screen youll be grand.

• Advertisement

Something like '4g switcher' will do it for you. When you install it and open it it brings you straight into the phone info screen.

Halfway down the screen there is a 'set preferred network type' dropdown menu, you're better off selecting 'LTE/gsm/wcdma' clicking back will then close it.

The only downside is shutting down the phone resets the network settings so you then have to do this process again.

Once you only click the drop down menu nothing else on that screen youll be grand.

Oooooh this is big turn off... Does every one need to do this

Oooooh this is big turn off... Does every one need to do this

Not necessarily, its just because of where I got mine and the security permissions on it causing problems. Others here didn't seem to have these problems.

Not necessarily, its just because of where I got mine and the security permissions on it causing problems. Others here didn't seem to have these problems.

Oh OK so where you get yours

Oh OK so where you get yours

I got mine with expansys (UK) it was the European 32gb version.

how long does ordering from e global take? will i be hit with customs? even tho it says i shouldnt be?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

how long does ordering from e global take? will i be hit with customs? even tho it says i shouldnt be?

If you read the whole thread you will see I got hit for vat, others didn't & delivery takes a weekish.

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    If you read the whole thread you will see I got hit for vat, others didn't & delivery takes a weekish.

I did read most of it saw about customs and that .. Says clearly on bottom of site that should not be charged customs then noticed its shipping from Hong Kong Which I didn't know ah well... Any.way let ya know when it arrives hope its better than the nexus 5 which is a let down for me

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

I did read most of it saw about customs and that .. Says clearly on bottom of site that should not be charged customs then noticed its shipping from Hong Kong Which I didn't know ah well... Any.way let ya know when it arrives hope its better than the nexus 5 which is a let down for me

The guy who delivered it to me from DHL said I could get another one next week & not get charged so my parcel was just the randomly selected one! They are meant to be paying me back the vat but they have gone very quiet since :) Good luck with your parcel....it's a little under €95 vat if it gets stopped.

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    The guy who delivered it to me from DHL said I could get another one next week & not get charged so my parcel was just the randomly selected one! They are meant to be paying me back the vat but they have gone very quiet since :) Good luck with your parcel....it's a little under €95 vat if it gets stopped.

Oh how much was your phone? And vat?if there is vat I might refuse the pack and dispute PayPal charge back they will hate that suggestion for you maybe

• Advertisement

Advertisement