Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

Passed! Decile 1 in both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Somehow managed to pass Core, in shock here. More than what I could've hoped for yesterday so I'll take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

Early house now and ill surface sometime Monday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭LOccitane

So many of my good friends have failed today; these results have taken a nosedive from last year... That is a total reflection on the Institute. The level of difficulty of these exams compared to prior years especially regarding the AAA was a disgrace.

I got 3Ys and yet still got Decile 1 - I think that says it all!

The relief right now is just amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Can't wait to go into work now and mention that I failed on information management principles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

Getting straight down to the $$$$$....does anyone know do smaller firms generally give FAE bonuses?

What do the bigger firms get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

The exams aren't ment to be easy and I can understand the pass rates but people failing on imp is shocking when it's not in it next year :(

Getting straight down to the $$$$$....does anyone know do smaller firms generally give FAE bonuses?

No mine don't and back into work today! :)

No mine don't and back into work today! :)

I took the day off but I'd nearly go in just so I can do a dance around the office :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭galway321

I passed!!! Still don't believe it, I Keep refreshing the results page on the institute website just to make sure! Well done everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭arnie_ni

galway321 wrote: »
    I passed!!! Still don't believe it, I Keep refreshing the results page on the institute website just to make sure! Well done everyone

I screenshotted it in case my letter says something different

arnie_ni wrote: »

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭arnie_ni

Me too!

Such paranoia ha

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Accountant81

Somehow I passed! Decile 3 in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭galway321

Just screens shotted mine now too! It's such a relief.

Only plans for today are lunch, bonus check collection and a beverage or two :D

Sounds like the best day ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭GR3YFOXXX

Passed both!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jny107

Passed core on second attempt. Decile 2. Absolutely hysterical!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Extra well done to those who passed on a subsequent sitting, the pass rates for them are not in your favour

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Conaldo87

jny107 wrote: »
    Passed core on second attempt. Decile 2. Absolutely hysterical!!!

I'm the same but decile 3, some relief :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Just screens shotted mine now too! It's such a relief.

Yeah one or two........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Is the top 10 overall posted anywhere or the success list?

qwabercd wrote: »
    Is the top 10 overall posted anywhere or the success list?

Don't think I'll be needing to check this haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 b104t

Thats bollocks, did you pick up imp in the second case? Patent protection etc? Because I didn't answer the imp on day 1 but day 2 i talked about patent protection, swapping the name of the patent into the company rather than the dudes name etc. But it wasn't a clear indicator.

Thought imo was very harsh

Honestly can't remember to be honest. Don't think there's any point repeating, like got decile 0 but repeats never seem to make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

b104t wrote: »
    Honestly can't remember to be honest. Don't think there's any point repeating, like got decile 0 but repeats never seem to make a difference.

I failed last year on PM got a decile of 6 sufficiency of 0, this year same decile and sufficiency and failed on IMP!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 b104t

Thats bollocks, did you pick up imp in the second case? Patent protection etc? Because I didn't answer the imp on day 1 but day 2 i talked about patent protection, swapping the name of the patent into the company rather than the dudes name etc. But it wasn't a clear indicator.

Thought imo was very harsh

Honestly can't remember to be honest. Don't think there's any point repeating, like got sufficiency 0 but repeats never seem to make a difference.

Read my core and elective results the wrong way around *facepalm*! Got decile 1 in the core :D can't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well done to everyone who passed and comisserations to all who failed.

Just know every last one of ye gave it your all and it might have been just something small on the day that threw you. Take comfort in the knowledge that you know the course and have the information and that next year the determination and hard work will pay off !!

Hold your head high whether you passed or failed you've all given it 100% the last few months and that's all you can do at the end of the day !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TonyT837

Failed core on IMP as well :( Got sufficiency of 0 but can't see me appealing - never seems to help anyone from past experience. They really rip the bag with remark and information costs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 PG1234

Need some advice....Core exam got docile 7 & sufficiency 0...

One red indicator for auditing. Am wondering is it worth appealing or am I better off spending the €56 in the pub???

Advertisement