Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

Little Pea wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone tomorrow !

if in doubt ,

NO ADJUSTMENT REQUIRED !! :p

You're bound to get 1 right if you jammed through "No Adjustment Required" for everything in Section 1. Then you've approx 108mins for Section 2 and Section 3. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Just finished sorting my stuff out for tomorrow. Did mainly Section 3 questions today (had today off). Found I was getting better as they went on, and getting them right or mostly right. They always have a little small catch. You think you have seen it before, but there is something different. I would say, reading the question and not jumping into the answer would be a tip, for me anyway.

Best of luck to you all tomorrow morning, this will be nothing compared to September!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Go Boards FAE 2014 Team!

Signing off for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭acastudent

Best of luck everyone !!!!

That was tough, much harder than last years paper

• Advertisement

Correction very tough

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

Correction awfull 😳😳

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FlyingSolo13

Can you pass fae if you do very poorly is aafrp? I made a complete mess of it

Debs23 wrote: »
    Correction awfull 😳😳

Disaster !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

Did anyone else think it wasn't that bad... Like section 1 ok some questions I know I done **** but like you could clearly identify what standards were being asked

• Advertisement

Can you pass fae if you do very poorly is aafrp? I made a complete mess of it

Yes many people have passed after a poor say RC AAFRP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭bikeman1

My biggest problem was running out of time.

Thank god it is over, I found it difficult, but what can you expect?

Anyway, what's done is done and nothing will change your AAFRP paper now.

Looking forward to a few well earned pints this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Carnage :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

�� can u pass main exam if you get nc

Was really hoping for a good AAFRP too.

Clearly last years results were too good for their liking

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Yes it's not fatal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

Do they road test that paper to see if its even possible time wise? I'd love to see how if Derry Cotter or Mike Farrell could get it done in 110mins. That bastarding Wind Turbine question alone you could easily spend an hour working that out.

Advice for anyone for 2015 who is reading this (likely myself too); you need to be an absolute time Nazi. Do not spend more than the allotted time on any question. If I was to do it again I'd say **** doing it section by section; I'd spend 10mins read through the Qs, mark out the easy ones on first glance and do them in order - at least you've a chance of getting questions out in time and not spending ages on the tricky ones - get enough rough work down for the tricky ones to generate some marks. It's about passing, not being able to do a bit of every question.

A 2012-esque return to a nasty Section 2 as well. I get that they don't want people just copying out the disclosure req's verbatim but ffs; adding in calcs takes time & then you've to check if everything actually is properly disclosed.

Anyways, sleep then pints.

Probably need C in all the PM indicators in the real thing

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

That was such an awful exam, time absolutely killed me didn't get anywhere near close to finishing 2.3.

Section 2 was just awful, way too much that needed to be filled in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Did anyone finish it? Annoyed at myself such stupid mistakes I made and presentation also a mess so not much hope for marks

• Advertisement

The last section 2 disclosure question just had pages of boxes to fill in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭Nermal

TheDoctor wrote: »
    The last section 2 disclosure question just had pages of boxes to fill in

Yes, unless I'm way out it was just transcribing, was there any actual calculation to be done at all?

I think I put the first section 1 as no adjustment required but can't remember for sure.

Got nowhere on wind turbines, realised that would take a while and only came back to it at the end, worked out the interest accrual & depreciation but nothing more.

Yeah I had no adjustement for qs 1.1, if thats right at least thats 1/5 in Section 1

I put in a disclosure saying that no one client had over 10% of the revenue thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

I get that Chartered want to put us under time pressure but an exam that is nearly impossible to complete in the allotted time is totally unfair!! I bet its the same examiner that wrote the financial reporting assessment for Cap 2. Another thing the 2013 paper was a doddle while the 2012 was like todays, where is the consistency?

Expect 2015 to be a nice paper when the results this year suck. Same as what happened in 2013 after 2012.

Can't find a happy medium

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Expect 2015 to be a nice paper when the results this year suck. Same as what happened in 2013 after 2012.

Can't find a happy medium

That's exactly what I said after the exam . It's so unfair for us though

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

I forgot how annoying it is to have to wait for results, even give us the solutions and we can check how we got on :(

Do they give the solution before the results?

Results arent for 2 months!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Enjoy pints today don't worry about it now lads, was a disgrace of an exam!!!

I feel let down by aca to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭LOccitane

Very disappointed with the exam today. No matter how much preparation was done, it was almost impossible to do well given the amount of information in the questions.

Not one question in the Toolkit on IFRS 8 and yet it presents as a full question in S2. Compared to last year, nothing was straight forward.

I wonder what percentage as such is required to get C.. Also; whether S2&3 are weighted more heavily than S1?

Hugely disappointing overall given the preparation for the exam. We can only hope with everyone finding it difficult that the marking scheme might reflect this.

Advertisement