Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Does Joy Orbison or Boddika have any albums out, was checking both, none seem to have an album, but only singles and eps or collabs.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Does Joy Orbison or Boddika have any albums out, was checking both, none seem to have an album, but only singles and eps or collabs.

Nah they don't have any albums. Check out their soundclouds, especially look out for the stuff they've done together. Magic happens when those two are in the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Not that I know of. This would be pretty much most of the official stuff they have released so far.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/1564482-Joy-Orbison

http://www.discogs.com/artist/1853836-Boddika

Nah they don't have any albums. Check out their soundclouds, especially look out for the stuff they've done together. Magic happens when those two are in the studio.

Well I did find a Boddika Boiler Room set, Orbison it seems has not done one of these yet, but just loading up this one now, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Jello wrote: »
    I remember one year (2011 I think) I was driving to EP from Dublin and was getting pretty close when a Garda randomly stopped the traffic and directed myself and a few other cars off to the left while the rest of the traffic continued straight. We didn't really know where we were going for a while or why we were directed away from the main flow of traffic. After a while we reached an unfamiliar car park, much smaller than the usual one, (I'm pretty sure it was just beside Stradbally village), walked through the ticket checks and all that and ended up pretty much right in the Jimi Hendrix campsite where we had intended to camp. Anyone know if it'll be possible to get to that car park again this year and the route you might take to do so? Plan on camping there again and it made the walk from the car a fraction of the distance!

from looking at the 2011 map, i'd guess it's Carpark Z? if you go straight towards Stradbally village once you're off the motorway (instead of following EP car park signs), or come via Athy and through Stradbally, you'll usually be directed into that one, a few minutes walk along a road and you enter at entrance gate 7. here it is on Google Street View:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@53.016356,-7.161165,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sVTm32FHUbKtSXOLDaJDMNA!2e0

there used to be another one on the complete opposite side of the site too, where the Coach Area/Entrance 3 is on that map, and you drive through trees to get to it, but think it was around 2009 the only time i was in that one and don't think it exists any more.

• Advertisement

Well I did find a Boddika Boiler Room set, Orbison it seems has not done one of these yet, but just loading up this one now, enjoy.

Joy Orbison did the Essential Mix a few weeks back
    https://soundcloud.com/everybodywantstobethedj/joy-orbison-essential-mix-2014-07-26

tracklist here:
    www.mixesdb.com/w/2014-07-26_-_Joy_Orbison_-_Essential_Mix

did you see him at Life Festival this year? he was excellent i thought.

I did I never really left the RBMA from Joy Orbison onwards, sure you would just look to the left at the entrance and it was absolutely pouring, RBMA was the best place to be really, Orbison was pretty amazing alright as was Four Tet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

from looking at the 2011 map, i'd guess it's Carpark Z? if you go straight towards Stradbally village once you're off the motorway (instead of following EP car park signs), or come via Athy and through Stradbally, you'll usually be directed into that one, a few minutes walk along a road and you enter at entrance gate 7. here it is on Google Street View:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@53.016356,-7.161165,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sVTm32FHUbKtSXOLDaJDMNA!2e0

there used to be another one on the complete opposite side of the site too, where the Coach Area/Entrance 3 is on that map, and you drive through trees to get to it, but think it was around 2009 the only time i was in that one and don't think it exists any more.

That's exactly the spot, cheers! Doesn't actually look much closer on Google maps but the walk seemed a lot shorter!

actually forgot to post the map which would make more sense:
    http://tenacioustimothy.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/ep_2011_campingsiteplan.jpg

yeah i find it seemed like a shorter walk too, i think it's because that carpark usually doesn't fill up much on Friday so can park close to the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

actually forgot to post the map which would make more sense:
    http://tenacioustimothy.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/ep_2011_campingsiteplan.jpg

yeah i find it seemed like a shorter walk too, i think it's because that carpark usually doesn't fill up much on Friday so can park close to the road.

I parked there last year. Didn't get down till the Saturday, so it was the only car park that wasn't full. Think it was the overflow car park last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

its a fierce distance away from the main entrance tho...?

there's another entrance right beside it, a few hundred metres walk. definitely shorter than the walk between the main car park and main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Would that be the best place to park for Pink Moon Camping?
    Hopefully they wont be diverting everyone to the main car parks on Friday morning.

yep, it's a far shorter walk to Pink Moon than the main carparks.

every year before last year we parked there on Friday morning. you just need to ignore the signs for EP parking and go towards Stradbally village, or if coming from the other side, go through Stradbally Vilage and it's outside the town on your left.

didn't park there last year but presume it's still open on Friday morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

What time would ye recommend getting there at on the Friday to set up camp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Would that be the best place to park for Pink Moon Camping?
    Hopefully they wont be diverting everyone to the main car parks on Friday morning.

Friend was performing last year they give him a tent in boutique camping + a car park window sticker, he came in from the Timahoe road to a car park close to the bus stop just at the edge of Hendrix. It was such a sweet spot would love to get into it some year, car 5 min walk from the tent!!
    Remember one year possibly 09 it rained solid for a month before hand Oxigen was a complete wash out that year, the ground was in utter ****e, they had to abandon the regular carparks and move to alternative ones! Man they were far away, through the normal car parks across some fields then road only then the car parks started major trek! Ironically it stopped raining on the Thursday, the festival remained dry'ish and it started raining again Monday afternoon when I was on the road. ;)

Is there to be more announcements at all for the Red Bull stage and the LBT, I know Other Voices, Salty Dog and Trailer Park have still to be announced but the LBT and Red Bull seem a bit skant, I hope we get a few more names. Last year 23 DJs played RB stage (according to the Golden Plec Stage time announcements) this year so far we only have eleven announced for the same stage so there is surely gonna be a few more names added.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭endainoz

http://photos.electricpicnic.ie/2013/6c3f9c30-14d9-11e3-9d0f-7606b0b1d62a?image_keywords=artist:Le+Galaxie

Didn't get to catch these last year but will definitely have to be done this year!!

endainoz wrote: »
    http://photos.electricpicnic.ie/2013/6c3f9c30-14d9-11e3-9d0f-7606b0b1d62a?image_keywords=artist:Le+Galaxie

Didn't get to catch these last year but will definitely have to be done this year!!

The best ep photo I've seen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Is there to be more announcements at all for the Red Bull stage and the LBT, I know Other Voices, Salty Dog and Trailer Park have still to be announced but the LBT and Red Bull seem a bit skant, I hope we get a few more names. Last year 23 DJs played RB stage (according to the Golden Plec Stage time announcements) this year so far we only have eleven announced for the same stage so there is surely gonna be a few more names added.
    Yeah same, I'm quite happy with the lineup overall but I'd love a few more dance/techno acts. The likes of Laurent Garnier, Dave Clarke, Ben Klock, Caribou & Four Tet, Flying Lotus have all played recently but there doesn't seem to be anyone of that caliber this year unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Yeah same, I'm quite happy with the lineup overall but I'd love a few more dance/techno acts. The likes of Laurent Garnier, Dave Clarke, Ben Klock, Caribou & Four Tet, Flying Lotus have all played recently but there doesn't seem to be anyone of that caliber this year unfortunately.

Well theres a gap in Daniel Avery's gig schedule from 24th - 31st, he plays Ibiza on the 31st so he is free for 29th and 30th, Moderat's schedule is free too although they are a bit subdued for RB and more suited to the LBT.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he's gonna be announced to play.
    He's playing in London on the 24th August and then Switzerland on the 4th September. EP would fit in nicely to his current schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Listening to alt-J's new song, and thinking what an amazing EP act they would have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What time would ye recommend getting there at on the Friday to set up camp?

Was going to ask this myself, I arrived down at about 11:30am last year and it wasn't that busy but I remember by about 1 or 2 it was filling up quickly. Expecting it to be a bit busier this year. Do the gates open at 9am? If so I reckon I might try and get there for as close to 9 as possible.

As far as I can remember bodhrandude, Red Bull said there are still more to be announced in their announcement with Joy O, Boddika etc. but I get the feeling it will mainly be smaller acts, so wouldn't be getting my hopes up for the likes of Laurent Garnier or Daniel Avery (as much as I'd love to see both). I'd be expecting Joy O, Boddika and Dark Sky to be the main acts down in the woods each night. I'm sure there will be some great acts announced all the same, last year I remember venturing down there in the evening once or twice and being introduced to some great DJs such as New Jackson and Handsome Paddy.

If there are more acts to be announced I don't know what I'll do, already trying to cut down from a list of 30+ acts that I'd like to see. Getting very close now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Was going to ask this myself, I arrived down at about 11:30am last year and it wasn't that busy but I remember by about 1 or 2 it was filling up quickly. Expecting it to be a bit busier this year. Do the gates open at 9am? If so I reckon I might try and get there for as close to 9 as possible.

Get down early and camp in Oscar Wilde near the Salty Dog stage. You can pick yourself a nice spot near one of the paths out. So at least you can get and out of your tent without breaking your neck on guy ropes.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Get down early and camp in Oscar Wilde near the Salty Dog stage. You can pick yourself a nice spot near one of the paths out. So at least you can get and out of your tent without breaking your neck on guy ropes.
    I really wish people would learn how to use them properly by using the tensioners, instead of extending the ropes as far as they go, thereby recreating the laser scene from Entrapment for anybody trying to walk through the campsite at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I really wish people would learn how to use them properly by using the tensioners, instead extending the ropes as far as they go, thereby recreating the laser scene from Entrapment for anybody trying to walk through the campsite at night!

F**ing Sean Connery, Catherine Zeta Jones is wet in this film

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'll admit that I am one of the uninformed when it comes to those ropes. Enlighten me on how they are meant to be used?

endainoz wrote: »

they're not playing live this year, just DJing.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I really wish people would learn how to use them properly by using the tensioners, instead extending the ropes as far as they go, thereby recreating the laser scene from Entrapment for anybody trying to walk through the campsite at night!

Ha ha quality! Out stretching guy ropes are a pet hate!
    The ironic thing is ppl use them to keep the tent up, but it's most likely to bring the tent down!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement