Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Any ideas of who could be appearing on the other voices stage?

Aiden Gillen, being creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Aiden Gillen, being creepy

Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Keruby wrote: »
    Hi all,

As an EP virgin, I am as giddy as a goat for this day two weeks time! :-O

However, I am utterly confused over the amount of different stages and arenas at EP and I really want to get the most out of my weekend.

So to all of you experienced picnic-ers, could you recommend the ultimate picnic experience to an overly keen first timer??

I will be heading along and camping with a group of near enough to 20 people, which as I'm sure a lot of you know, presents with the danger of too much campsite bants and not enough exploring time among the festival delights. Would love to hear your suggestions, cheers! :-)

I was pretty much in your boat last year. My best piece of advice would don't be waiting around on one another or try to do things as a group, it will never work out and you will waste way too much time waiting on people and doing stuff you don't want to.

Aside from that, I would highly recommend going down to the Body & Soul area one of the nights, I didn't venture down there until the Sunday night last year but it was the most fun I had all weekend, so many little huts/shacks/stages playing great music and such a good mix of a crowd, for me anyways it was the highlight.

Oh and as another poster above said, if you're at a big act and finding it boring just leave, don't hang around just to say you saw X, Y and Z, there is always fun to be had so don't waste your time at acts you aren't enjoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Hope this cover makes an appearance at EP, it's chilling!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'd say it would be a bit annoying to drag through the grass. I'd say renting one of the wheelbarrows would be more useful? That is if they'll be there this year

I brought too much last year and it was annoying carrying it all the way in, rather than bringing a quadbike im just downscaling the operating and bringing a smaller bag and getting a better spirits to cans ratio going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Used that exact one few years back & wasn't great. If you overload it, the wheels stop turning & you end up dragging it.

I got this one last year from B&Q & its perfect from car to campsite.
    But it's bulky and because it doesn't fold up it could be awkward getting it in/out of car & storing at home the other 51 weeks of the year.
    Dead handy though. Does make the trek easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭endainoz

Anyone see this? Is there anything this woman cant do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Tried so hard to like her but just done get it...

It's like the knife all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Anyone know if these are any use from Argos?

qvPdFmD.png

Absolutely hate the gear dragging at EP, especially when you've 48 cans onboard and picky 'no we'll go on a bit further' mates.

How much? Posted this already but If it's any more than €35 I recommend you go for this in woodies version large wheels, used this exact one for about 6-7 festivals, worked great!
    http://www.woodiesdiy.com/mobile/Product/sack-truck-h200f3/13810/4.2.11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Rfrip wrote: »
    Tried so hard to like her but just done get it...

It's like the knife all over again

I like her, but she does nothing with that song.

MattD wrote: »
    Trailer Park Announcement as well:

THE MOBILE HOME STAGE

THE YOUNG FOLK – THE WHEREABOUTS – GET BACK:THE STORY OF THE BEATLES – PEARL TN – HUSTLE –– STORYFOLD – KEVIN DOYLE’S ELVIS: THE WAY IT WAS – C.R.AVERY – HARVEST: A TRIBUTE TO NEIL YOUNG – THE TRAMPZ – GHOST ESTATES – CLIVE BARNES – KINGSTON – VIKING PROJECT – THIS SIDE UP – TUCAN – A CULT CALLED MAN – KEVIN SHERIDAN – MOO! – THROWING HALOS – RISKY BUSINESS – PRISON LOVE – ERIC BUTLER AND THE REVELATORS – CUAN & LUKAS (DJ) – JOHN AND MANDY – WHITE CHALK – THE ROADHOUSE DOORS – MY FELLOW SPONGES

JIMMIE LEE’S JUKE JOINT

DAVE CLARKE BYRD BAND - REVEREND JM’S PANIC WORKSHOP - SAL VITRO - DARK LANES - KEYWEST - RED EMPRIE - ERIC BUTLER AND THE REVELATORS – RICHARD FARRELL AND THE LOST TRIBE – HUEY AND THE HOBGOBLINS - PRAIRIE DAWGS – CROW BLACK CHICKEN – OKI’S WAGON – WHISTLE

Yes found it, I highly recommend going to the Trampz, trailer park stage.
    http://youtu.be/-Kazreb2EU8 :)

Hi all,

However, I am utterly confused over the amount of different stages and arenas at EP and I really want to get the most out of my weekend.

So to all of you experienced picnic-ers, could you recommend the ultimate picnic experience to an overly keen first timer??

I will be heading along and camping with a group of near enough to 20 people, which as I'm sure a lot of you know, presents with the danger of too much campsite bants and not enough exploring time among the festival delights. Would love to hear your suggestions, cheers! :-)

As many have said ditch the group; if you've ever been in a large group in a pub and trying say to move onto a club, you know how difficult it is to get every one moving. Imagine that every 30 minutes!! Weekend spoiler!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

This one in B&Q could be a good compromise.
    Wheels aren't as big as the other one I linked to earlier but it does fold up for easy storage.
    Definitely looks better than the one in Argos.

0000005257935_001c_v001_zp?$250x250_generic$=

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

argh accuweather this far out is like believing in Mystic Meg.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

argh accuweather this far out is like believing in Mystic Meg.

You're living up to your username anyway!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    This one in B&Q could be a good compromise.
    Wheels aren't as big as the other one I linked to earlier but it does fold up for easy storage.
    Definitely looks better than the one in Argos.

0000005257935_001c_v001_zp?$250x250_generic$=

from working at festivals for over a decade, either get a proper hand truck or a wheel barrow ( cloth ideally), those things youre posting are a disaster, especially if muddy, they arent made for uneven surfaces, or unbalanced loads

from working at festivals for over a decade, either get a proper hand truck or a wheel barrow ( cloth ideally), those things youre posting are a disaster, especially if muddy, they arent made for uneven surfaces, or unbalanced loads

I do have a proper one. I posted link to it a while ago when I said the one from Argos wasn't worth getting.
    This is the one I have & it worked a treat last year.

0000005111893_001c_v001_ap?$250x250_generic$=

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

Hi all,

My top tip would be to not try and get all your mates to go anywhere with you, you will all get separated in there anyway so just do your own thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

probably a bit too downtempo for some, but i'm looking forward to seeing Ryan Vail, hopefully they don't clash, missed them last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

You're living up to your username anyway!

I am a realist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

endainoz wrote: »
    Anyone see this? Is there anything this woman cant do?!

No. No there is not: http://vimeo.com/85067428

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I do have a proper one. I posted link to it a while ago when I said the one from Argos wasn't worth getting.
    This is the one I have & it worked a treat last year.

0000005111893_001c_v001_ap?$250x250_generic$=

oh yeah this will work well

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Something stirring in my memory of an Oxegen long past is telling me that those trollies are more hassle than they're worth if the site's mucked up to any degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Something stirring in my memory of an Oxegen long past is telling me that those trollies are more hassle than they're worth if the site's mucked up to any degree.

Good thing it's not gonna rain so.

(think positive thoughts everyone!)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

Yea the site should be fine as usual, we got a decent summer so unless it rains constantly for the next 2 weeks I'd say it'll be all good

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

pjf2013 wrote: »
    Yea the site should be fine as usual, we got a decent summer so unless it rains constantly for the next 2 weeks I'd say it'll be all good
    It certainly won't be Oxegen-level muddy but the ground is a little bit soft at the moment. If EP were to happen this weekend I'd see the arena and parts of the campsite getting pretty cut up with footfall of tens of thousands of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

murdog! wrote: »
    My top tip would be to not try and get all your mates to go anywhere with you, you will all get separated in there anyway so just do your own thing

I thought is was only our group did this. Is great advice, disperse and regroup at random times. We usually pick one of the bars and if you are doing nothing go back there and see which of the gang is about. It will happen anyway and if stated as plan in advance then no one gets upset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Hi all,

. Would love to hear your suggestions, cheers! :-)
    • Make sure you have monday and Tuesday off for recovery time
    • Make sure you have the friday off.
    • Arrive around lunchtime if you can.
    • Camp in the quiet campsite to get decent sleep. your friends will be set up one of the main campsite so for madness drop down to them.
    • Body and soul is deadly at the night time make sure to go one of the nights.
    • The rave in the woods is good craic afer the main areana has closed
    • if you have not seen chic before then go to them, Same for outkast.
    • DO NOT GIVE IT THE BIG ON FRIDAY! get to sleep at a reasonable time (before 3). many an electric picnic was ruined by people burning themselves out on the first night
    • Get a pieminster pie and there is place that does super chicken wings. You will spot these a mile away as there always a massive queue for them
    • Do not spend you whole weekend drinking in the camp site. all the fun is in inside
    Pick maybe five bands that you want to see and other than that just wander around and enjoy all the mad ****.
    if energy ireland still have mister motivator there then go for a visit...you'll be buzzing after it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement