Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

paulbok wrote: »
    It's a pity so that EP falls entirely within August, I hope he is wrong with his Aug forecast.
    “August temperatures may be mostly in the 20s, but cloud and intermittent rain make it disappointing for outdoor activities"

Honestly, lads, do ye genuinely believe that charlatan's pseudoscientific and demonstrably inaccurate 'predictions'? It's utter nonsense, designed to part people with their money. The sooner the media stop giving him attention the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭paulbok

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Phone charging will be under huge pressure, it's a special large artic trailer usually, capacity can't easily be increased, even last year I went to leave mine in a few times and they were full.
    /QUOTE]

I wouldn't depend on getting charged at the site, load of these gizmo's available that will charge any phone, even the cheaper ones using AA batteries will give a 50%-65% charge and can be charged in the pocket.

These are available in Maplin
    These on Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

murdog! wrote: »
    Is it time to give up hope on some big electronic acts/DJ's being added?

I'm holding out for a few big names to be added, Ben klock was great last year....On a different genre mish mash note I started listening to Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip after Indiependance, think they would be a nice addition somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha dls vs Scroobius pip are splitting up after this tour unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭endainoz

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Oscar Wilde and Salty Dog are right beside the arena. The campervan is out a fair distance. You go past the OW campsite, and the one behind it, and the Campervan is behind them.

The queen of the power ballad has just been announced today - and for the life of me cannot remember her name. 80s superstar, aagghhh, damn annoying.

EDIT: Bonnie Tyler

Bonnie aint got nothing on these lads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

https://powerballads.ie/line-up

Now you know where not to be between 7 and 8 on Saturday night

And miss the slow set & the those singing "holding out for a hero"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

The missus is insisting we try and get camping in the ''quieter'' campsite. (You'd swear she was an auld one) I've only ever stayed in the Hendrix and while it's not quiet I found it grand. Anyone who's stayed in the Oscar Wilde campsite care to share their experiences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

I'm a EP virgin.. so would be helpful if someone could provide a quick run down of the camping sites and their location/noise levels etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Every year I go I always feel that the Sunday is uncomfortable and rough and packed.
    It's gonna be like that the 3 days this year

I agree. Anyway by Sunday you are wrecked anyway. All these fresh babies coming are just annoying :D

On that note I think it is crazy bringing kids just for the Sunday with the extra people. Our kids will be there Friday and Saturday day and then down to their grandmother. Although a lot will depend on when Lily Allen is playing.

Duff wrote: »
    The missus is insisting we try and get camping in the ''quieter'' campsite. (You'd swear she was an auld one) I've only ever stayed in the Hendrix and while it's not quiet I found it grand. Anyone who's stayed in the Oscar Wilde campsite care to share their experiences?

I love Oscar Wilde. Get in early and get up near Salty Dog stage. It is great crack. Don't camp too near the edges or all you have is people peeing beside your tent the whole night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

civilnug wrote: »
    Looking at the line-up on that power ballads link says there's a Power Ballad DJ set from 2 to 7pm.

Would this be an indication of a fuller Friday line-up compared to last year or just wishful thinking?
    wishful thinking i'd say.

looking at the acts/times, it clearly isn't a proper stage. the arena was open at 3pm on Friday last year, so much like the Heineken thing and Casa Bacardi, they might as well have some entertainment at their area to draw people over and promote their brand.

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    With regards the extra capacity, any one know how many day tickets would have been sold? I presume this is reduced this year and extra tickets allocated to full weekend?
    I feel the camp sites can cope there's plenty of fields around Hendrix/Warhol. (They may even push the camper vans out further!, or relocate them to the other side of the arena possibly near the bus stop or one of the parking fields) I'm assuming extra toilets and food/breakfast stalls will be provided!
    Phone charging will be under huge pressure, it's a special large artic trailer usually, capacity can't easily be increased, even last year I went to leave mine in a few times and they were full.

The capacity of the main arena will be a tough one, it's surrounded by trees so hard to increase space. Last year was completely packed on Sunday, that + 6k will be cramped alright.
    from what I remember, the toilets in a licence application is based on 1 per every X people, so there should be more (although there was still big queues in campsites last year).

food vendors, i'd imagine they'll have more, it's surely in EP's financial interests to have more anyway, although i don't remember queuing for more than 5mins for anything last year.

Sunday last year wasn't that packed really. i remember sitting with friends outside the Rankins Wood stage at 7pm and there was loads of space. certainly far, far more space than something like Longitude or Forbidden Fruit.
    after the main stages close i can imagine RBMA/B&S were rammed though (i had to leave on Sunday night).
    behind the tented stages there's loads of space, and isn't enclosed by trees. if they moved the Pink Moon area they could easily extend the space back a good bit. 2 relatively unused fields at the bottom here:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/rteradioofficial/7902591312/in/photostream/lightbox/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Anyone know when the big set up starts? I'd love to go and see what can be seen from the top of the hill. Get the excitement levels up! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say it starting this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

It has kind off started already. Id say by the middle of next week it should be in full swing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Red Empire
    We've just been sorting out our details and arrangements for our performance at Electric Picnic this year.
    We'll let you know as soon as we have our stage time.
    We're looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

hi Guys just wondering if anybody knows of a bus service running on the saturday leaving Electric Picnic to Dublin ?

I might have to head back up to Dublin for the afternoon and come back down around 7ish but cant see any company running this service only the opposite (obviously), thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

DermoMIO wrote: »
    hi Guys just wondering if anybody knows of a bus service running on the saturday leaving Electric Picnic to Dublin ?

I might have to head back up to Dublin for the afternoon and come back down around 7ish but cant see any company running this service only the opposite (obviously), thanks in advance :)

get the shuttle bus to portlaoise, then the Kavanaghs or bus eirean to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

get the shuttle bus to portlaoise, then the Kavanaghs or bus eirean to dublin

thanks for the quick and helpful response, just had a look on the site & see that shuttle bus you mention must of missed it first time around, thanks again :)

Anyone know when the big set up starts? I'd love to go and see what can be seen from the top of the hill. Get the excitement levels up! :D

We were over there yesterday and the big tents or main stage weren't up. So must be this week. Tons of trucks going in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    We were over there yesterday and the big tents or main stage weren't up. So must be this week. Tons of trucks going in though.

I'M SO EXCITED :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Can you just go down for a look around the grounds or were you just in Stradbally and saw them going in and out of the fields?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

D.Q wrote: »
    Haha dls vs Scroobius pip are splitting up after this tour unfortunately

Haha well balls to that then!

Can you just go down for a look around the grounds or were you just in Stradbally and saw them going in and out of the fields?

The car-park for Oughaval Woods or Stradbally Woods looks straight down onto fields where Electric Picnic takes place.

Cannot wait to see Rustie. His new track with Danny Brown is insane!!

Linky - http://youtu.be/_mO2VcJAkOw
    hope he's on last in the LBT like HudMo was last year, place was going mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

hope he's on last in the LBT like HudMo was last year, place was going mental.

LBT never announced their tent last year, I think they used to though, the stage breakdowns they come before the timetables, don't they, was hoping a few more names would get added to it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BabyDuck

I just saw flume at outsidelands in san fran, really recommendend him!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 VelvetVicks

Jenny Lewis has confirmed she's playing on the Sunday on her Facebook page. Excited!

I'm pretty sure this is new news! Sorry if it's not

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

I bought and brought one of these puppies last year
    http://amzn.to/1ymXXo8

Had no problem juicing the phone for the weekend.

Just ordered one of these bad boys. Cheers for the recommendation, scruff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

This is my first time at a festival in 5 years, has anybody got any suggestions or a big list of what I should/shouldn't bring ..

Sorry if this has been covered already :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Jenny Lewis has confirmed she's playing on the Sunday on her Facebook page. Excited!

I'm pretty sure this is new news! Sorry if it's not

Excellent! She was on my wish list!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement