Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Biker / Jeep Incident - New York (uncivil posts get a paddling)

Options
123457»

Comments

visual wrote: »
    It was a group of bikers out on a run having a little fun that was going too far. Broke traffic laws until one guy in a RR decided he wasn't going to be intimated and used the SUV weight and power as a weapon and take the law into his own hands.

Was the first biker who braked test the RR provoked earlier off camera by the RR driver

There was also a van in the picture that none of the bikers showed the slightest bit of interest in.

So I would presume there must have been a reason they singled out the RR.

from watching the video it was road rage that was escalating out of control. And the first person to strike another was the RR driver when he rear ended the biker.

No one is saying the bikers where innocent but driving over the first biker was just wrong.

I can seen the motorcycle gang looking to extract their own justice after seeing their mate crushed and the RR driver knew this too, thats why he ran over another biker.

What if this was here with a group of cyclist.
    Beep the horn because they are all over the road. A couple of them block my progress so I bump one off his bike. His mates reacts and I just drive over him to get away. ..

Sure be lots of clips showing cyclists breaking lights riding on footpaths against flow of traffic.

Somehow I doubt it would be so cut and dried here when the garda turn up

The first person to strike was the RR driver :rolleyes:. What was he going to do when a bike slammed on in front of him, he couldn't stop.

The first people to strike were the bikers when they swarmed around him and were attempting to slow down and stop the range rover in order to attack and rob the driver. Its in the reports that they were attacking his vehicle before he drove over anything or anyone. He was force to take the action for fear of his and his familys safety.

Your assessment of the whole thing is terrible.

I wouldn't be the same here because our justice system more often than not protects the criminals rather than the victim, while in the US it fully supports people who are forced to defend themselves. I have no doubt that if this was in Ireland the RR driver would be in more trouble than the bikers and its not surprising when you see some people on here defending the bikers so strongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

There's a very good reason the YouTube clip starts where it does, it's to show one angle on the incident, or at least an attempt to. It's an attempt to show the RR driver being the one at fault. Re read the topic you will see why the RR driver is singled out and why other high end vehicles are singled out in NY.

I'm loving all the interviews with people who were motor cyclists in the ride out who comment on the incident and say it was the RR drivers fault but then also in the same breath say they didn't see the incident.

Trying to change the topic around so it's about cyclists is just stupid, come on that's a whole different scenario that people weigh up differently at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

P.C. wrote: »
    You have already made up your mind.

Pity you can't see past what is in the video - what happened before the footage started?

Do we have statements from any of the bikers?

Just bear in mind in case you're thinking that the footage is perhaps a bit "pro" four wheels that it's been recorded, edited and uploaded by two wheels.

So no, I can't really see past the video and frankly, the fact that the cops are not prosecuting the driver of the 4x4 speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

From a lot of the videos I've watched it seems that the dick with the camera looks like a ringleader? They all seen to know him etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

It was a group of bikers out on a run having a little fun that was going too far. Broke traffic laws until one guy in a RR decided he wasn't going to be intimated and used the SUV weight and power as a weapon and take the law into his own hands.

Was the first biker who braked test the RR provoked earlier off camera by the RR driver

There was also a van in the picture that none of the bikers showed the slightest bit of interest in.

So I would presume there must have been a reason they singled out the RR.

from watching the video it was road rage that was escalating out of control. And the first person to strike another was the RR driver when he rear ended the biker.

No one is saying the bikers where innocent but driving over the first biker was just wrong.

I can seen the motorcycle gang looking to extract their own justice after seeing their mate crushed and the RR driver knew this too, thats why he ran over another biker.

What if this was here with a group of cyclist.
    Beep the horn because they are all over the road. A couple of them block my progress so I bump one off his bike. His mates reacts and I just drive over him to get away. ..

Sure be lots of clips showing cyclists breaking lights riding on footpaths against flow of traffic.

Somehow I doubt it would be so cut and dried here when the garda turn up

Lol, your a funny guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭dantastic

How on earth can people suggest that the fella in the RR "attacked" first. That "brake test" is an attack, as far as I'm concerned that direct action caused the collision.

There are plenty of these brake testers in the dash cam saves your ass thread too, there they are being hailed as scum. But here it is somehow OK and the guy should just hand over a bit of money?! **** off!

To be honest about it, he should have floored it and taken out a good few more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Didn't I read that it started over the RR driver reporting the bikers to the police?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

The first person to strike was the RR driver :rolleyes:. What was he going to do when a bike slammed on in front of him, he couldn't stop.

The first people to strike were the bikers when they swarmed around him and were attempting to slow down and stop the range rover in order to attack and rob the driver. Its in the reports that they were attacking his vehicle before he drove over anything or anyone. He was force to take the action for fear of his and his familys safety.

Your assessment of the whole thing is terrible.

I wouldn't be the same here because our justice system more often than not protects the criminals rather than the victim, while in the US it fully supports people who are forced to defend themselves. I have no doubt that if this was in Ireland the RR driver would be in more trouble than the bikers and its not surprising when you see some people on here defending the bikers so strongly.

You know nothing more than some reporters comments and slant for publicity.
    There is reports the biker was killed on other news sites.

There was a reason the 4x4 was singled out because it doesn't fit the hipe its going unsaid for now... its common of gutter press to make a hero out of someone only to discredit them later. Will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You know nothing more than some reporters comments and slant for publicity.
    There is reports the biker was killed on other news sites.

There was a reason the 4x4 was singled out because it doesn't fit the hipe its going unsaid for now... its common of gutter press to make a hero out of someone only to discredit them later. Will wait and see.
    Any chance you could wait quietly?

The big bad bikers got more than they bargained for when they took on a quiet family.
    End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

GreeBo wrote: »
    Any chance you could wait quietly?

The big bad bikers got more than they bargained for when they took on a quiet family.
    End of.

Must be bliss to have a BW view.

No quite family man engages with a motor cycle gang and keeps escalating the road rage until its totally out of control. If he was a quite family man he wouldn't have been in that position putting his wife and child at risk because of his ego.

The biker "brake test" the RR driver because of earlier incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Must be bliss to have a BW view.

No quite family man engages with a motor cycle gang and keeps escalating the road rage until its totally out of control. If he was a quite family man he wouldn't have been in that position putting his wife and child at risk because of his ego.

Quite old bean! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

No one is saying the bikers where innocent
    Shocking that no one is defending a group, where one of it's members tried to brake the back window of a car that had a child in it.
    He didn't brake test him, he slowed down deliberately so as the contact was as gentle as possible. If you brake test someone on a motorbike your going to get killed or seriously injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

The thing that is most scary for me is what would have happened if there wasn't a video of the event.

Without the video, I'm quite sure the narrative would be that he hit a motorcyclist (the "brake-check" wouldn't have been seen) and fled from the scene, seriously injuring another motorcyclist (there would be no evidence that he was surrounded and in fear of his life). That'd be it - a crazed driver who seriously injured someone. No doubt he'd be looking at spending most of his life in an American prison.

The biker who uploaded the video has unwittingly (literally) saved the driver's ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

The thing that is most scary for me is what would have happened if there wasn't a video of the event.

Without the video, I'm quite sure the narrative would be that he hit a motorcyclist (the "brake-check" wouldn't have been seen) and fled from the scene, seriously injuring another motorcyclist (there would be no evidence that he was surrounded and in fear of his life). That'd be it - a crazed driver who seriously injured someone. No doubt he'd be looking at spending most of his life in an American prison.

The biker who uploaded the video has unwittingly (literally) saved the driver's ass.

Video is gone.....

I can't believe some people supporting the actions of those bikers. Would they feel the same if it were happening to them? What a silly question of course they would :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

dgt wrote: »
    Video is gone.....

I can't believe some people supporting the actions of those bikers. Would they feel the same if it were happening to them? What a silly question of course they would :rolleyes:

You wouldn't.

You would just choke them all in a cloud of smoke and be gone "because big turbo booooooo" wondering wtf just happenned :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

Hollywood Stuntz in 2011 doing what they seem to do best.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Ketron

I can honestly say I would have done the exact same thing in his position, fair play to him.

The main mistake he made was not taking more of the c*nts out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Damien M

He didn't brake test him, he slowed down deliberately so as the contact was as gentle as possible. If you brake test someone on a motorbike your going to get killed or seriously injured.[/QUOTE]

That was nice of him !

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Damien M

The sad thing is that the folks on here defending the bikers are actually allowed vote.

The posts on this thread are the dumbest I've ever seen however, I do see a swing towards the driver, as folk have admitted when they do bother to look at the evidence/videos. The Police report states that he took off when they slashed his tires, from the picture at the end where the animals have the RR driver on the ground and are stabbing him, go on do-gooders-have a look at your socially deprived heroes, the front rim of the wheel can clearly be seen. Now I stand to be corrected here but that wheel was either shot out while in transit, or slashed while at the initial stop(as it would be fairly hard to slash a moving tire I'd imagine?) thus forcing the driver to do what I'd do and that would be to put my foot down and crush as many as possible who were in my way. Furthermore, and this is where the liberal criminal loving brigade expose themselves-the guy that got crushed like the rat he was had numerous convictions for misdemeanours, felonies, traffic violations. His mate on the TV interview telling us how he was a pillar of the community and a supposed icon for the welfare class in America was or is himself a convicted sex offender. Now to the ultimate point-Jay Meezen or whatever the idiots name was-was not supposed to be anywhere near the RR. Watch the video clearly-the RR takes off in a straight line. Moral of the story-don't get in front of a big vehicle with a child in it. A bit like the gob****es that play with Tapirs in Dublin Zoo-it will get nasty once a parents protective instinct kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you're still going with the 'liberal' thing eh?

mandy%2Bp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Chris Dolmeth

I'm a father, car driver and biker.

The driver of the RR did EXACTLY what I would've done in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Can a mod please fix the thread title, the Jeer is bugging me no end.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

guttenberg wrote: »
    Can a mod please fix the thread title, the Jeer is bugging me no end.:o
    not just me then.

there's also the thing with irish people calling any 4x4 a 'jeep', but that's an argument for another day! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

vibe666 wrote: »
    not just me then.

there's also the thing with irish people calling any 4x4 a 'jeep', but that's an argument for another day! :p

It's not just an "Irish thing" people do the same with Hoover etc

Advertisement