Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Biker / Jeep Incident - New York (uncivil posts get a paddling)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

kona wrote: »
    I dont think they were to be honest, try slash a SUV tyre at pressure, Its not like bursting a Balloon.
    it's already been said several times and reported in the news that they DID slash his tyres, so i'm not sure what your point is? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I dont think they were to be honest, try slash a SUV tyre at pressure, Its not like bursting a Balloon.

so why is there a photo available clearly showing the front passenger bare rim?

let me guess...photoshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

vibe666 wrote: »
    and once you've handed over your wallet and they decide that it wasn't enough and that they really like your car and your wife and drag you out of the car and stab/shoot you, before driving off with your missus and kid still in the car to have their wicked way with her before killing them too and burning out your motor with your family still inside whilst you lay bleeding on the road, do you still think you made the right decision?

or would you just get the f**k out of dodge as fast as possible and hope you find the cops or they find you before anything bad happens?

Are you for real? a gang of bikers who are very very conspicuous are going to gang rape your wife on a NYC freeway?! then commit murder and drive off!?!

They want money , thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

It's in the news reports, and it's the police reporting it.
    Do you have better information?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    I know the road very well that this happens on, The West Side Highway. Why he got off it I do not know. Just keep driving and call the police. He's lucky to have escaped with his life, driving into Washington Heights where he would obviously be cornered is nearly suicide. There is no way in hell I would have stopped, for anything.

It's a pity he didn't run over more of them. If he had killed 20 of them I wouldn't have any problem with it whatsoever. Scumbags.

I actually thought it was the other way around and that the guys on the bikes would have called the cops and were waiting for them to come to the rescue and get the RR guy. He shunts a guy on a bike, drives over their bikes and then hightails it. :eek:

It was only the muppet who did the helmet job at the end that turned the tables the other way and probably will get the guy in the RR a pardon depsite his behaviour.

• Advertisement

Are you for real? a gang of bikers who are very very conspicuous are going to gang rape your wife on a NYC freeway?! then commit murder and drive off!?!

They want money... Where do you get this from?
    They wanted to kick the crap out of him. At least when they caught him there were plenty of other people around.

GreeBo wrote: »
    so why is there a photo available clearly showing the front passenger bare rim?

let me guess...photoshop?

So he drove at speed along a motor way with his tyre slashed and maintained control?

Id say it was ****ed at the end, before he pulled into a side road and got the **** kicked out of him anyways.

They want money... Where do you get this from?
    They wanted to kick the crap out of him. At least when they caught him there were plenty of other people around.

Because he broke their scumbag mates legs and left him for dead on a freeway:rolleyes:

It's in the news reports, and it's the police reporting it.
    Do you have better information?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

They didnt seem to mind being conspicous when they beat the crap out of him or his car on a busy street?
    Kace wrote: »
    I actually thought it was the other way around and that the guys on the bikes would have called the cops and were waiting for them to come to the rescue and get the RR guy. He shunts a guy on a bike, drives over their bikes and then hightails it. :eek:

It was only the muppet who did the helmet job at the end that turned the tables the other way and probably will get the guy in the RR a pardon depsite his behaviour.
    So why had the other bikers surrounded him before the brake testing then?
    So he drove at speed along a motor way with his tyre slashed and maintained control?

Id say it was ****ed at the end, before he pulled into a side road and got the **** kicked out of him anyways.

How did it magically get burst at the end then.....its a 4x4, a curb isnt going to do that to it. They slashed it, it was in the drivers report to the police.

• Advertisement

my point is that neither we, nor the RR driver knew for sure what they wanted and with a gang of bikers surrounding you trying to force you to stop and get into your car, nobody in their right mind is going to stop for a chat to find out if they want to kill you, carjack you or *just* rob you.

and anyway, fcuk them even if they were just trying to rob him, don't go trying to intimidate and rob people in their cars with their families and by and large they won't try and run you over.

it's already been said several times and reported in the news that they DID slash his tyres, so i'm not sure what your point is? :confused:

He will just ignore any posts that he/she can't answer, and keep defending the bikers even though 2 have been charged.

He will just ignore any posts that he/she can't answer, and keep defending the bikers even though 2 have been charged.
    not to mention that the RR driver hasn't been charged and the police have already made a statement saying he won't be. :)

Kace wrote: »

I really would fear for the justice system if some of the people in here ever end up on a jury as they are being faced with absolutely clear evidence and yet are unable to judge the situation.

How anyone can defend then bikers is just unimaginable.

my point is that neither we, nor the RR driver knew for sure what they wanted and with a gang of bikers surrounding you trying to force you to stop and get into your car, nobody in their right mind is going to stop for a chat to find out if they want to kill you, carjack you or *just* rob you.

and anyway, fcuk them even if they were just trying to rob him, don't go trying to intimidate and rob people in their cars with their families and by and large they won't try and run you over.

Im glad he got what he deserved, but in Irish context your going to jail for running somebody over and leaving them in a coma.

You wont be much use to anybody ****ting in a bucket with some rapist looking at you for a few years.

Im not defending the bikers at all? So you can get off your horse. I questioned the "victims" actions and got dragged off topic when somebody asked what I would do.:rolleyes:

what do you think of the video? not like bursting a balloon eh?

Im not defending the bikers at all? So you can get off your horse. I questioned the "victims" actions and got dragged off topic when somebody asked what I would do.:rolleyes:

what do you think of the video? not like bursting a balloon eh?

Like I said the driver was right to get out of there. He didn't really have any other option. Reading the other posts about how dangerous it is there he probably knew that too.
    Since they were slashing his tyres, they had knives out. Would you still open the door if you were in the same position?

They didnt seem to mind being conspicous when they beat the crap out of him or his car on a busy street?

After then maimed their scumbag friend, what do you expect of scumbags?
    So why had the other bikers surrounded him before the brake testing then?
    dunno but if it was me , Id want the range rover moving slow before I slam on, not carrying motorway speeds. So my guess is it causes the victim to slow down, **** themselves and closes an escape path (or so they thought)

How did it magically get burst at the end then.....its a 4x4, a curb isnt going to do that to it. They slashed it, it was in the drivers report to the police.

Did it burst or unseat from the rim? The RR ran over a bike, plenty of force on the range rovers tyre to cause a puncture after running over a bike.

Like I said the driver was right to get out of there. He didn't really have any other option. Reading the other posts about how dangerous it is there he probably knew that too.
    Since they were slashing his tyres, they had knives out. Would you still open the door if you were in the same position?

Id have tryed to sort the situation without getting out, if he knew the score, hed know they would **** off with some cash. Sure didnt he get a good kicking anyways? He made the wrong call, then he made another bad call exiting the freeway. Thats all I said.
    Far to many people try to be heros and end up dead over a few hundred euro. I know Im worth more and in retrospect id say the range rover drives thinks the same. Facial scars aint fun kids, Ive proof :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You would in my bollix try have a nice polite conversation with over 50 bikers surrounding you after they already attacked your vehicle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Id have tryed to sort the situation without getting out, if he knew the score, hed know they would **** off with some cash. Sure didnt he get a good kicking anyways? He made the wrong call, then he made another bad call exiting the freeway. Thats all I said.
    Far to many people try to be heros and end up dead over a few hundred euro. I know Im worth more and in retrospect id say the range rover drives thinks the same. Facial scars aint fun kids, Ive proof :p

Nothing to do with being a hero, everything to do with trying to get your family out of harms way. In a car on the freeway after being stopped and surrounded by 30/40 odd bikers. I'd plough through the lot of them before opening the door to hand them anything in the hopes they'd leave us alone.

He made the right call imo. Himself and family priority number one. Comas and paralysis for whoever was dumb enough to be barring his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

After then maimed their scumbag friend, what do you expect of scumbags?

dunno but if it was me , Id want the range rover moving slow before I slam on, not carrying motorway speeds. So my guess is it causes the victim to slow down, **** themselves and closes an escape path (or so they thought)

Did it burst or unseat from the rim? The RR ran over a bike, plenty of force on the range rovers tyre to cause a puncture after running over a bike.

but from the video the bikers were surrounding him causing him to stop - which his only option was to drive forward - to escape - which resulted in him driving over on of them, so it was the bikers which forced his actions - if he stayed still the bikers would presumably have attacked him/his family and the car (they didnt block him in and force him to a stop so that could play a game of tiddlywinks)

bikers caused the driver to take evasive action - you cannot defend the bikers in this case because they presumably instigated the event.

* - we cannot say for certain that the RR driver didnt annoy the drivers by his driving or beep at them - which could have led to the "brake test" - and others getting involved, but the bikers were in no way justified in chasing down the RR causing damage to the vehicle and assaulting the driver and scaring the remainder of his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

There seems to be a whiff of anti 4x4 or anti RR sentiment in the thread too......wonder if some people would still castigate the RR driver had he been in a Nissan Micra....?

Mr.David wrote: »
    There seems to be a whiff of anti 4x4 or anti RR sentiment in the thread too......wonder if some people would still castigate the RR driver had he been in a Nissan Micra....?

if he did they probably wouldn't have attacked him and he probably wouldnt have been able to drive over one of them .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Corkbah wrote: »
    if he did they probably wouldn't have attacked him and he probably wouldnt have been able to drive over one of them .

True, but its not my point. I'm just wondering how much the fact that it was a RR influences peoples judgement of who was right/wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Masss

Bikers where totally at fault,acting a maggot and provoking your man.
    Behaviour like that should be punished.

And it is not like this was the only incident involving this group of bikers,videos from earlier on that day surfaced,
    shows the same group of bikers driving true suburban areas,riding footpath,crossing red lights,driving up the traffic.
    They where acting like a herd of animals,and they should be treated like one.

True, but its not my point. I'm just wondering how much the fact that it was a RR influences peoples judgement of who was right/wrong.

There are a small number of people on the thread for which the criminal gang are "poor defenseless" lads just because they are riding bikes and that the man and his family are evil and their behavior is totally unacceptable because he was driving a RR.

I thought I was biased in things but this thread is showing bias on a whole new level, as faced with clear video evidence of the RR driver being fully right in his actions you still have people saying its he that should have been arrested and not the "poor" bikers.

Some people need to lift up their rose tinted visors!

yeah - but put it the other way .... would the driver of the SUV feel as threatened if they were cyclists ... if he was surrounded by cyclists would he have driven over them or would he have waited for the cops ?

for me it was the actions before the video which kicked it all off - I think maybe the SUV driver was rude/ignorant/arrogant towards one of the bikers (which caused one of the bikers to do the brake test in front of the SUV) and others joined in to pi$$ off the SUV driver.... and then suddenly the SUV driver was being attacked....so he wanted to get away from the bikers... and it all kicked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

yeah - but put it the other way .... would the driver of the SUV feel as threatened if they were cyclists ... if he was surrounded by cyclists would he have driven over them or would he have waited for the cops ?

for me it was the actions before the video which kicked it all off - I think maybe the SUV driver was rude/ignorant/arrogant towards one of the bikers (which caused one of the bikers to do the brake test in front of the SUV) and others joined in to pi$$ off the SUV driver.... and then suddenly the SUV driver was being attacked....so he wanted to get away from the bikers... and it all kicked off.

Regardless of what happened when Road Rage is involved with one person its advisable not to get out of the car.

When your surrounded by a gang and your family are with you, you get the f*ck out of there.

Just say you have a different scenario.

It's you driving at night time on your way to Calais and you see a Human chain across the road in front of you and then you look in the rear view mirror and you see people closing in behind you.

These friendly gents could just be looking for directions.

Would you stop, get out and have a conversation to see what they want.

I know what I'd do anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Masss

Watch latest episode of Philip de Franco on YT,
    It shows same group of motorcyclist riding a footpaths,crossing red lights,riding up the traffic,breaking in front of cars,they deserved any bit of punishment they got.
    And as NYC police department stated,few of them are going to be charged.

Advertisement