Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Leading on from the newspaper discussion in the matchday thread the best national paper (which happens to be from Cork) is running this story:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/survey-finds-irish-people-need-to-become-familiar-with-their-home-country-674559.html
    "More than a third of Irish people are unable to find Cavan on a map, a survey by Jury's Inn has found"

Sorry Lemlin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Leading on from the newspaper discussion in the matchday thread the best national paper (which happens to be from Cork) is running this story:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/survey-finds-irish-people-need-to-become-familiar-with-their-home-country-674559.html

It's the two thirds who do know where it is you'd have to feel sorry for..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Poor bastards don't know what they're missing in the party county - Costa Del Cavan!

As for you Mr P, I would have expected an attack on my beloved county from one of those reprobates like Swiper but not your good self. We had a mutual love for Mickey T and you've crushed it.

You cut me deep Mr P, real deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭Invincible

Lad's, are any of ye into mobile gaming?
    Won a choice of game download from playstore from Halls, choice is:

Need For Speed Most Wanted

The Sims 3

Plants Vs. Zombies

Mass Effect Infiltrator

Real Racing 2

Dead Space

Once I (you) choose, they will email me code to redeem game, if it's of any use to some of ye, ye are welcome to it.

Enjoy the fight lad's!
    Best of luck to Manny :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm off to eurodisney tomorrow, 4 kids who fight like cats and dogs non stop.
    Anyone else been and have advice. I'm sure my wife has everything under control but I'm going without a clue of what to expect.
    Will they show Arsenal-Hull in Snow whites castle:pac:

Anyone else been and have advice. I'm sure my wife has everything under control but I'm going without a clue of what to expect.

One more sleep:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

You're as excited as a child going to EuroDisney. Oh wait.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm pretty excited about Hull and Arsenal too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Shall expect a full report as my wife,daughter and mother in-law are going Monday week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,525 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What a day in thurles. National league champions :). Sure tis 'only the league' but it really whets the appetite for the summer aheaf

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KevIRL wrote: »
    What a day in thurles. National league champions :). Sure tis 'only the league' but it really whets the appetite for the summer aheaf

Packed out Lyons chipper on Clpnmel on way home ye did, us locals were forced elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I brought a group of kids on a school tour a few years back. Myself and 2 other teachers went on the lash in paris the night before euro Disney and had a raging hangover there. One of the students felt sick so I suggested he go to the cinema in euro Disney Bambi was on. Someone had to bring him. That 2 hour kip was a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I brought a group of kids on a school tour a few years back. Myself and 2 other teachers went on the lash in paris the night before euro Disney and had a raging hangover there. One of the students felt sick so I suggested he go to the cinema in euro Disney Bambi was on. Someone had to bring him. That 2 hour kip was a godsend.

At least your just went on the lash for a night.
    One of ours went awol on arrival and he met us back at the airport for the flight home. Another one seen us drinking in a cafe, came in and ordered himself one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hi Lads

Much appreciated if i could get a few of you to take 2 minutes to fill out a really quick survey for a research project i'm involved in?

It's about attending gigs/concerts

Much appreciated in advance for all those who take the time :)

Link to survey

Hi Lads

Much appreciated if i could get a few of you to take 2 minutes to fill out a really quick survey for a research project i'm involved in?

Post the link. Last concert I was at was One Direction!

Lemlin wrote: »

Link would help alright haha :pac::pac:

Post fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Done last one I was at was the stone roses. Please tell me you were bringing the kids.

Survey completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Done, Stone Roses my last one too. Wouldn't be pushed on gigs apart from a rare few.

• Advertisement

Done last one I was at was the stone roses. Please tell me you were bringing the kids.

Sure I was there to listen to The Best Song Ever ;)

Taylor Swift is next big one for me. Following Disney last week will be a tough ask for her.☺

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hi Lads

Link to survey

Done. I go to whatever gigs my wife tells me to go to! Not much of a music fan we normally go to gigs of bands you never hear of again who make a lot of noise.

jimmii wrote: »
    Done. I go to whatever gigs my wife tells me to go to! Not much of a music fan we normally go to gigs of bands you never hear of again who make a lot of noise.

Your wife sounds like a lot more fun than you, please tell me she's not one of the ones who can beat you at FPL as well:P

I'll do that now spacecowboy

Cheers folks! Appreciate the input! Not only good for FPL tactics around here it would seem!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Done too :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Your wife sounds like a lot more fun than you, please tell me she's not one of the ones who can beat you at FPL as well:P

I'll do that now spacecowboy

I'm actually really cool I just decide not to be on boards so people don't feel uncomfortable due to all the cool floating about. She despises sport with a passion but if she did play she would probably win.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,525 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

How is the FSA voting on Friday? Its a yes in the marriage referendum for me, undecided about the presidential age one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

KevIRL wrote: »
    How is the FSA voting on Friday? Its a yes in the marriage referendum for me, undecided about the presidential age one

Maybe I'm just old and grumpy but I think the idea of wanting to facilitate a 21 to be the President is ludicrous. To go to the expense and effort of a constitutional referendum on the subject is beyond mad. An emphatic NO from me. Any 21 who would want to be President of Ireland is a fcked up puppy to begin with and shouldn't be let anywhere near the Aras.

Advertisement