Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

41st Berlin Marathon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Ed Mc

youngrun wrote:
    Mckinney 2.30.50..

Very close to the irish m50 record of 2:29:12 by Tommy hughes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Ed Mc wrote: »
    Very close to the irish m50 record of 2:29:12 by Tommy hughes.

He was first today in the M50 age group

• Registered Users Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Belcarra's through 40k on 3:25 pace now. Conditions must be toughening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Murph_D wrote: »
    Conditions must be toughening up.

Sounds familiar........ :P

Looking at the splits there it seems tht UltraP and Pauric Mckinney ran most of the race together.

Rachel unfortunately has slowed a touch since halfway, now at 4:04 pace at 30k

Sideswipe finished in 3:12:57 which he will be very happy with I think (he was targeting 3:12)

• Advertisement

3:26:25 Belcarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭rom

Lizzie Lee now 5th best Irish time ever.

Sonia, Britton, McKiernan. Who is the 4th person ahead of her?

rom wrote: »

http://www.tilastopaja.org/db/toplist.php?list=topirlallt&Ind=0
    Carey May 2:28 in 1985

Carey May 2:28 in 1985.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

http://www.tilastopaja.org/db/toplist.php?list=topirlallt&Ind=0

May Carey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

What time will the last wave get in at? I have to cycle to work across the marathon and need to be on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Murph_D wrote: »
    3:26:25 Belcarra.

Conditions were perfect today. A little warm when in the sunshine but wouldn't complain too much. Just not enough endurance/miles at mp and the legs started tightening up around 32km. Happy enough anyways.
    Off to watch the oh come home now. Told her not to go faster than sub 6/km and see how long she lasts at that. Most of the way hopefully!

Well done to all the other Irish folk out here!
    Passed a lad from Trim at around 28km whose hamstring was giving him jib but he was in great spirits so hopefully he'll make it home!

belcarra wrote: »
    Off to watch the oh come home now. Told her not to go faster than sub 6/km and see how long she lasts at that. Most of the way hopefully!

Well Hurry Up; she won't be long now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Conditions were perfect today. A little warm when in the sunshine but wouldn't complain too much. Just not enough endurance/miles at mp and the legs started tightening up around 32km. Happy enough anyways.

Well done to all the other Irish folk out here!
    Passed a lad from Trim at around 28km whose hamstring was giving him jib but he was in great spirits so hopefully he'll make it home!

Good man, well done! Hope the OH finishes strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Rachel finished in 04:18:13
    A bit outside her goal, but it looks like it might have been a tough second half for quite a few there.
    Well done missus!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Anyone know why Mark kenneally was a DNS?

he's had a lot of achilles trouble

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well done all, looks a great race. Enjoy the recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Great running all. Enjoy the beers, sorry I mean the recovery drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Tough day at the office for me today, found it very hot from early on. Was doing grand till 25k, then dodgy tum appeared. Dry retching till 35k then puked at 35,36 and 37k. Had to give myself massive kick in the a$$ to get to the finish. Met an irish guy called Steohen and ran the last 3k with him. But disappointed but not gutted because I couldn't have done anything else out there today. Happu(ish) out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

2.31.26 for me a 25 sec pb.This 2.30 is beginning to become my moby dick. I want to stop chasing now but when I try to give up he circles closer to the boat goading me. I was slightly off the pace till about 16k back on track till about 32 k then it started to slip. Last 7k were very tough. Great race perfect conditipons beautiful city but no whale ! Also it measured long on my garmin 26.5 which actually has me under 2.30, just to rub salt in the wound. I think Il send them a strongly worded facebook comment☺

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Lila

Done! Hurt like hell but worth it for a shiny new PB of 3:15:38. My fastest was Dublin 3 years ago at 3:27:06 so delighted with the improvement. Never again though - the last 10 miles were tough but the final 3 were sheer agony.

Well done everyone. And what about Lizzie Lee - AMAZING! Berlin was buzzing today but still think nothing matches the support in Dublin.

I see they have updated it now due to comments, although they have spelt Sergiu's surname wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Very tough day at the office today. Heat was excruciating. Couldn't stay hydrated at all. Traffic was crazy couldn't hit a decent stride. No PB for myself. Came in at sub 3:30.

Disappointed to say the least

She wasn't far off!
    Came home in 4:19.
    Nice debut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

yaboya1 wrote: »
    She wasn't far off!
    Came home in 4:19.
    Nice debut

Queue for toilets cost her about 3 mins.
    Already talking about Dublin but I'm trying to calm her down!

I thought that. Went from close to 6min/km pace to above 8min/km in the space of one kilometre. Seemed too sudden to be anything other than a stoppage.

I can't offer any advice on the bold bit. I was already preaching about Dublin myself at this stage last year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Wow, the number of Irish in this is quite incredible.

Scrolling through the results I see a healthy number under 3 hours. Wonder how we measure up to other countries. Any number crunching geeks out there willing to do the research?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Big congrats to R!!! (Oh and to you too Belcarra!). Great debut for her!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I thought that. Went from close to 6min/km pace to above 8min/km in the space of one kilometre. Seemed too sudden to be anything other than a stoppage.

I can't offer any advice on the bold bit. I was already preaching about Dublin myself at this stage last year :P

And more so as the night wore on :p

Advertisement