Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Sparks wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if the scope is 4x, 6x, or infinityx I think, not if a headshot won't kill the target and the assault rifles (and heck, even the carbines) do more damage faster.

Seriously, at one stage I was having better success using the Rex instead of the DMR when playing; that's just broken.

This saddens me, should be the opposite, should get rewarded for using a more skilled weapon than penalised. Shame 'cos I like using DMRs in general.

I'd have a kill as follows, 50 max & 34 min, making it a two shot/three shot kill or one shot at close range to the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mozattack wrote: »
    This saddens me, should be the opposite, should get rewarded for using a more skilled weapon than penalised. Shame 'cos I like using DMRs in general.

I'd have a kill as follows, 50 max & 34 min, making it a two shot/three shot kill or one shot at close range to the head.

How in god's name are DMRs more skilled that a carbine/assault rifle? They have higher damage, less recoil, and are semi auto. As well as that, most people just spam DMRs until they kill whoever they're shooting at - not skillful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

5Q3Sw08.png
    congrats for being featured :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Yeah , just showed up in my news feed as well , congrats

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Cheers!! Fecking delighted :D The comments on the Facebook post are hilarious though, all complaining about how **** the games is etc :P Loads of traffic to my channel now though. There's also a give away on there at the moment if you boards chaps want to get involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

How in god's name are DMRs more skilled that a carbine/assault rifle? They have higher damage, less recoil, and are semi auto. As well as that, most people just spam DMRs until they kill whoever they're shooting at - not skillful.

Ah, no. Compare the two. Yes, the RFD has higher damage per shot and longer range; but the damage is 43, and with the 2x headshot multiplier, 86. So your first shot can't end the whole thing; and now the other chap is firing back at you, and granted each of his rounds only does 25 damage, but he's firing at 650rpm and you're firing at however fast you can click the mouse, which is considerably less. And that's at close range, at medium to long range it's even worse.

In other words, on paper the RFD (and the rest of the DMRs) look better; in reality, not a hope. You might get one good thump in but then you're toast. Unless it's a complete newbie on the receiving end, and in that case, why are you using a rifle you pussy? Get your knife out and go do things properly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Cheers!! Fecking delighted :D The comments on the Facebook post are hilarious though, all complaining about how **** the games is etc :P Loads of traffic to my channel now though. There's also a give away on there at the moment if you boards chaps want to get involved

In fairness it is a fairly epic video!

The Battlefield theme tune only makes any video even more epic also! :D

DaLad wrote: »
    In fairness it is a fairly epic video!

The Battlefield theme tune only makes any video even more epic also! :D

haha thanks! I fecking love the new tune too. Almost as good as the best one the 2142 one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Who is this thektulu123 lad?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Who is this thektulu123 lad?

Well, once upon a time, we needed a new mod. So I got a list of the biggest spammers on here and asked the worst offender to be mod...and he said no. So I went on down the list until one was gullible enough. And that's who TheKtulu123 is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Having an absolute lag nightmare for the last few days, UPC Premium support rang me Monday saying I had utilisation issues and they'd be back onto me. No word from them and this is a ****ing mess, every game I play I'm lagging about the place, it's glaringly obvious when I'm trying to move around and it looks like I'm getting stuck, very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dave147 wrote: »
    Having an absolute lag nightmare for the last few days, UPC Premium support rang me Monday saying I had utilisation issues and they'd be back onto me. No word from them and this is a ****ing mess, every game I play I'm lagging about the place, it's glaringly obvious when I'm trying to move around and it looks like I'm getting stuck, very frustrating.

Oddly im having lag issues tonight on UPC. Got 2mb in my speedtest :(
    Spear wrote: »
    Well, once upon a time, we needed a new mod. So I got a list of the biggest spammers on here and asked the worst offender to be mod...and he said no. So I went on down the list until one was gullible enough. And that's who TheKtulu123 is.

So who is this thektulu123 lad ? :pac:

OK, so those using m16s are more skillful that someone using the qbu and dominating. Sure.

Next

Congrats. How did you get it featured? Out of interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Deadly trailer, well done. Music is awesome.

Sent it to an EA guy(Dan Sheridan) on Twitter & he decided to put it up

OK, so those using m16s are more skillful that someone using the qbu and dominating. Sure.

Next

Yes. Have you not gotten over your hatred for the M16 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This video contains footage recorded from the last week of playing. Took fecking ages to edit, so hopefully you guys enjoy it. It's my fan made trailer for Battlefield 4 Multiplayer :)

Some love on the Reddit thread would be awesome too: http://redd.it/1q1nru

Cheers!

Just watched that there now and fair play man its rather excellent.

Yes. Have you not gotten over your hatred for the M16 yet?

I hate any gun someone uses 24/7.

I hate it that BF3 was broken so much that any competitive game only included assault players.

No one can convince me that isn't flawed, it is poor balance.

• Advertisement

game4it70 wrote: »

!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

aye, every time and I mean every damn time the tower comes down in shanghai my game crashes.. Most other times BF4 stops working is when between map loads and you see the little flashing icon hang.

I hate any gun someone uses 24/7.

Yes, we are in agreement yet again. There are plenty of good guns in BF4 to keep everyone happy - M416, AK5C, ACW-R, A-91, ACE 23 and so on.

I haven't played enough yet to try support, but I generally never play recon.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

but I generally never play recon.

I would have said the same about recon and support in BF3, but the class balance is so much better this time around and both now offer play styles I really enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

rush + mortars = pain in the hole.

This hilarious incident happened the other night with James74. Could not stop laughing! :) Enjoy!

Yes, we are in agreement yet again. There are plenty of good guns in BF4 to keep everyone happy - M416, AK5C, ACW-R, A-91, ACE 23 and so on.

I haven't played enough yet to try support, but I generally never play recon.

Agreed; i don't see BF4 being a problem with overuse of guns, been killed with all kinds so far, AK12 being the most common but that is because it is first unlock.

I posted that I though Support Class was left behind now but at least 3 classes are on par. Wierdest thing is that I have the most use of Support Class without even knowing it - I use that class when I use shotguns and DMRs...

ewj1978 wrote: »
    rush + mortars = pain in the hole.

Ah no!, haven't felt that yet as no-one has mortars when I played.

I am expecting this to suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

game4it70 wrote: »

And here I am impressed with killing people with that ****e gun the engineers start with :pac:

had to mute yer man after something like 8 seconds though. Feck he is annoying

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    And here I am impressed with killing people with that ****e gun the engineers start with :pac:

had to mute yer man after something like 8 seconds though. Feck he is annoying

I love the engineers gun... most kills so far with it I think (feels alone)

Advertisement