Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

GaelLords crashing constantly for me, got in there for 5 mins and random crash. ****ing headwrecking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Dave147 wrote: »
    GaelLords crashing constantly for me, got in there for 5 mins and random crash. ****ing headwrecking.

I've not had a single crash yet (some very long load times though). Maybe it's your system?

I'd recommend a clean Windows install if you've not done one for a while. I do one every 6 months, it's great for cleaning software off you don't need. I keep Steam on a different drive so don't have to download everything again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've had 3 crashes now in a half hour now. Two server, one on my end, bf4.exe has stopped working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

I seem to crash more often on that server :confused:
    grizzly wrote: »
    I've not had a single crash yet (some very long load times though). Maybe it's your system?

I'd recommend a clean Windows install if you've not done one for a while. I do one every 6 months, it's great for cleaning software off you don't need. I keep Steam on a different drive so don't have to download everything again.
    I use win7 and a new install of 8.1 and both crash often :(

grizzly wrote: »

Built machine about 3 weeks ago, the only times it's crashed are since I got BF4, had 3 crashes so far today. Settings are on Med-High so it's not that it's working too hard either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not only does the game crash, sometimes it hangs the whole PC so a hard reset is needed. Fcuk.in terrible in this day and age.......BF4 is the best looking series but far from as playable as the others.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

This video contains footage recorded from the last week of playing. Took fecking ages to edit, so hopefully you guys enjoy it. It's my fan made trailer for Battlefield 4 Multiplayer :)

Some love on the Reddit thread would be awesome too: http://redd.it/1q1nru

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

just finished the campaign it was surprisingly ok, it would be nicer to have a longer battle but seriously its not a bad one at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

just finished the campaign it was surprisingly ok, it would be nicer to have a longer battle but seriously its not a bad one at all.

I thought it was awful and very short too. Terrible ending. The plot was really pulling me in and I wanted to keep on playing to see what would happen after
    Jin Jan (spelling?) was discovered by the Chinese and whether if Chang and Russia would go full-scale conflict against other nations. Would be interested in seeing if they would attack Europe or North America really.
    For the campaign overall, I'd give it 6/10 for decent plot but a bad ending, good graphics (weren't as good as BF3 as I noticed lots of lagging and texture blurs or squares) and good surprises like
    Hannah's supposedly traitorious act but then she turns on Chang's forces to free Recker, Irish and Dimi out of the prison in the mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Great video ktulu, I really should hip fire more - seems much more effective in this game.
    I'll give you an up on reddit just as soon as I remember my username/password :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

*Checks map

Its Downbreak or Siege of Shanghai

*goes makes himself cup of tea and waits for change of map as no point playing for 2 minutes and crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

anyone on pc now for a few games?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

anyone on pc now for a few games?

Celts and gaelLords servers are full so I'm guessing yes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Whenever I play, it's on Gaellords, name is the same as here. Should be playing tonight about 11!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I should be on for most of the night, just after crashing there. Some ballbag took out the tower after I told him not too :P

Anyone else having constant lag issues with UPC? My ping will occasionally spike to 999 but usually it stays around 40 but when I'm running around it gets very jittery. Doesn't seem to be affecting anyone but me.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Anyone else having constant lag issues with UPC? My ping will occasionally spike to 999 but usually it stays around 40 but when I'm running around it gets very jittery. Doesn't seem to be affecting anyone but me.

Mine is at that also. I taught it was the fact I had moved house and the pc is miles from the router. UPC must be trying to upgrade something so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I should be on for most of the night, just after crashing there. Some ballbag took out the tower after I told him not too :P
    Was on your server at that time , two of us crashed , the other 3 didn't , and of the two that did crash , I have AMD & ATI , the other guy has i7 and nVidia .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Trying to get my server up and running if anyone is stuck queuing for Gaels and wants to jump in need two more to get a game started it should fill on its own after that.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/d2760610-4a73-46d3-8b2c-691bb99e8a2d/BoneIdleGaming-42-Player-Conquest-Rush-All-Maps-Ireland-UK/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Trying to get my server up and running if anyone is stuck queuing for Gaels and wants to jump in need two more to get a game started it should fill on its own after that.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/d2760610-4a73-46d3-8b2c-691bb99e8a2d/BoneIdleGaming-42-Player-Conquest-Rush-All-Maps-Ireland-UK/

Added as a favorite, dont mind helping out any irish servers TBH. And it can get a bit tedious playing on the one server all night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Crashy macCrashCrash last night, finally gave up after unlocking carbines (FINALLY, no more fecking 2-headshots-required-to-kill DMRs or stupidly short range PDWs on maps that the M40A2 has range issues on).

Yeah, it took me a while to do it, but I don't get 20-hour stretches to work on things the way I used to :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sparks wrote: »
    Crashy macCrashCrash last night, finally gave up after unlocking carbines (FINALLY, no more fecking 2-headshots-required-to-kill DMRs or stupidly short range PDWs on maps that the M40A2 has range issues on).

Yeah, it took me a while to do it, but I don't get 20-hour stretches to work on things the way I used to :D

I certainly found the AK-5C to be a pleasant upgrade from the PDWs at least.

It was a lovely contrast to the deeply unpleasant discovery that in its ideal environment (medium range with the ACOG sights), the DMRs just can't get it done. Perfect headshot, observed the impact, saw the guy run away into cover and come round a corner to hit me with four rounds from his AK12 and ruin my whole day and his orange friend let me know he still had 30-odd percent health. That sort of thing is just not cricket.

Have to agree, DMRs are a little pointless at the minute. Maybe the addition of a 6x scope would help ?

Doesn't matter if the scope is 4x, 6x, or infinityx I think, not if a headshot won't kill the target and the assault rifles (and heck, even the carbines) do more damage faster.

Seriously, at one stage I was having better success using the Rex instead of the DMR when playing; that's just broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

honest question here: what's the difference between a carbine and assault rifle?

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    honest question here: what's the difference between a carbine and assault rifle?

One's called a Carbine and all the classes can use it and one's called an Assault Rifle and only the Assault class can use it.

Unless you mean outside the game and that's a whole other conversation ;) :pac:

Here's a comparison for the AK-12 assault rifle vs it's carbine version AKu-12s, courtesy of
    Symthic.com
    Should give you an idea of the in game differences between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

many thanks guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Sparks wrote: »
    One's called a Carbine and all the classes can use it and one's called an Assault Rifle and only the Assault class can use it.

Unless you mean outside the game and that's a whole other conversation ;) :pac:

shorter barrel or so the guy in the gun shop told me.

Advertisement