Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Honestly, I wonder how many people are actually worried about levels in BF - I'd sooner level up quicker and get all the gadgets/attachments to fully enjoy the game.
    Maybe they'll introduce something like the Prestige system from CoD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

This happened during the beta, pretty epic moment at the end of a tense round:

Reddit: http://redd.it/1pvqgj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

ktulu123 wrote: »
    This happened during the beta, pretty epic moment at the end of a tense round:

Classic stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

mozattack wrote: »
    Ranking up is waaaaaaayyyyyyy too fast.

Rank 100 already:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/BoatManChief/stats/215233260/xbox360/

A normal player will be rank 100 at 100 hours.

Stupid

Not only that his SPM is actually quite low too.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Honestly, I wonder how many people are actually worried about levels in BF - I'd sooner level up quicker and get all the gadgets/attachments to fully enjoy the game.
    Maybe they'll introduce something like the Prestige system from CoD.

Dave, it is not about "worrying" about levels at all. I am not a points chaser but I think it would be better to have a system which clearly distinguishes better players who are hardcore and non-hardcore, e.g twas great getting the tags from rank 100 in BF3 when i was a far lesser rank.

Fast forward 7-8 months and I guarantee the majority of players will be rank 100 and if everyone is the same rank, whats the point in having a rank?

Also aiming for a higher rank is something to achieve to - why take it away and dumb it down ridicilously low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That 100 rank is messed up. I bet he just did some shiet to get to 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

mozattack wrote: »
    Ranking up is waaaaaaayyyyyyy too fast.

Rank 100 already:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/BoatManChief/stats/215233260/xbox360/

A normal player will be rank 100 at 100 hours.

Stupid

Stop spamming the support class so :D

I thought I was doing well at Rank 8 :o

I taught I was doing well controlling the fcu.kin Scar with no heavy barrel ffs!

Console people - is there some sort of unofficial protest goin on over the change to the spot button ? It's now easier to use while moving, aiming and firing and yet barely anyone uses it anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Currently playing gtav but with all the hype of cod I think ill go and get bf4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Currently playing gtav but with all the hype of cod I think ill go and get bf4

Just had a Great few games on CraggyIsland. At one stage 3 of us ( all on vent ) Did a Convoy of 2 Tanks and 1 BTR ( I was in it ). We wrecked stuff lol! Fair play to some lads Giving us Repairs!

At one stage I was taking tank head on and He got a good few shots at me. I got to 4HP!!! I screamed on vent: "****! I am almost dead Get that tank!" And Same second my buddy just gone in front of me with a tank and took a blow. It was enough time for me to survive and blow up enemies Tank. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! **** YEAH!!! All Shouting on vent and going nuts.

So yeah, thats why I LOVE BF games!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I was the poor fecker in that tank :(

game4it70 wrote: »
    I was the poor fecker in that tank :(

It was epic moment though! :D

I know my buddy managed to get Plaguemarine ( flying a chopper ) with a tank shell. :D Servers him good lol!

Good games on Craggy tonite alright....some sneaky tramp repair tooled me to death when I was in the AA trying to kill a few lads on the deck. I knew I should have never went in after them.

:pac::pac::pac:

It was epic moment though! :D

I know my buddy managed to get Plaguemarine ( flying a chopper ) with a tank shell. :D Servers him good lol!

Not for me it wasn't :P

I'm not flying a heli on that map again til they fix the sound as Wonda boy's mobile AA had no lock on sound so i couldn't use flares. :(

It was a good round though.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Good games on Craggy tonite alright....some sneaky tramp repair tooled me to death when I was in the AA trying to kill a few lads on the deck. I knew I should have never went in after them.

:pac::pac::pac:

The repair tool was moi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

FFS just tried to join a game in GaelLords, waiting 5 mins for a slot, finally connect, loads up Zavod, then map changes to that Flood map before I was able to deploy. Game then crashes after a minute of loading that, pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Console people - is there some sort of unofficial protest goin on over the change to the spot button ? It's now easier to use while moving, aiming and firing and yet barely anyone uses it anymore!

It does seem that way; once you get used to it, it's alot easier. But when you're playing with randoms (on the PS3 anyway), it seems pressing R2 both to help your team and get points for jam is too much effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone having issues with battlelog this morning?

When I try login it keeps recycling the login page, 100% entering correct email and password , not giving me an incorrect pass prompt or anything, just recycles

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,176 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

TheDoc wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with battlelog this morning?

When I try login it keeps recycling the login page, 100% entering correct email and password , not giving me an incorrect pass prompt or anything, just recycles

EA have maintenance on a Tuesday morning, and they're pushing out a server update today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Spear wrote: »
    EA have maintenance on a Tuesday morning, and they're pushing out a server update today.

Ugh, working from home today and wanted to get some hours in this morning.

Any link to where I can monitor progress and get a rough time for when its back online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

twitter perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

chickenboy wrote: »
    It does seem that way; once you get used to it, it's alot easier. But when you're playing with randoms (on the PS3 anyway), it seems pressing R2 both to help your team and get points for jam is too much effort!

I always seem to be the only fella on my squad that spots anything. On ps3 too btw you get points for doing it and you can also see where the enemy is which helps . Can't wait to play it on ps4 tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

CptMackey wrote: »
    I always seem to be the only fella on my squad that spots anything. On ps3 too btw you get points for doing it and you can also see where the enemy is which helps . Can't wait to play it on ps4 tho

Any of you guys on PS3 have mics and want to party up? None of my regulars have been on regularly and I hate playing with all randoms. Somehow always end up with a squad of snipers on Rush :P

PSN: Timmyctc

Yeah man, I'll add you later on tonight, but it's a pain trying to get onto the same server/squad with no party system. I'm fiddlesticks82 on PSN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Yeah man, I'll add you later on tonight, but it's a pain trying to get onto the same server/squad with no party system. I'm fiddlesticks82 on PSN.

I keep forgetting about that. Its proof IMO that they released an unfinished game to try kill CoD (Which is only averaging 75/100) so maybe it worked? The party system is surely going to be added in a subsequent patch right?

Timmyctc wrote: »
    The party system is surely going to be added in a subsequent patch right?

I'm hoping it appears when next gen launches, but it'll probably be when platoons are added again, which I think is scheduled for "early 2014".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Feel free to add me. Have a Mic when it works lol.
    Liquidgoldmonkey on psn
    Surprised that there is no invite system. If I get on this evening I'll add ye too. I'll play what ever mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

So is it just me or does anyone else think that BF4 has not improved on BF3 at all. The maps don't look nearly as polished as the later DLC maps we got in BF3. IMO the current maps are look worse than what we got day 1 in BF3.

The single player was a joke, I completed it in 7-10 hours Saturday on the highest difficulty. When it was at the end I thought I was around halfway then credits roll!

I really wanted to love this game but it's not helping me with the freezes, the strange non bullet hits etc. Hope the patches come quickly for it.
    All IMO, still enjoying the online but can get very frustrating at times.

Advertisement