Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Dave147 wrote: »
    Game is worse today than it was on launch, 4 crashes now and I've only been online an hour and a ****ing half. Head absolutely wrecked with this **** like.
    I only started today and this is pretty much my experience, I managed to get 20mins at one stage. No eta on a patch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I swear all these server crashes are to try make us play the single player,no EA just NO!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

3wayswitch wrote: »
    Add a black circle, a yellow circle, and another black circle and stretch them out to look like this:

jhim.png

Then just add some yellow circles and boxes over the inner black circle to shape out the Batman logo like this (I've coloured the shapes different colours so you can see them better)

d0ag.png

Very hard to make the little adjustments as they blocks are too small to even move....can you make the whole image bigger to fine tune and then shrink down again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

what the hells the story with no counter knifing on the ps3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

hallo dare wrote: »

the counter is a split second QTE i usually dont see it so that could be it but it may also have been left out of the game for current gen

it shouldnt be in it imo anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lol, I wanted to have a game of BF4 tonight.... It lasted whole 30seconds, before bf4 crashed....

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

hallo dare wrote: »
    I think you only get to counter if the knife attack is from the front but no doubt its probably glitchey!
    Thats how it was in the 360 beta anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Very hard to make the little adjustments as they blocks are too small to even move....can you make the whole image bigger to fine tune and then shrink down again?

Fraid not :( Apparently there's a way to export emblems as code so other people can paste them in. I'd happily share mine if I knew where this option was.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

3wayswitch wrote: »
    Fraid not :( Apparently there's a way to export emblems as code so other people can paste them in. I'd happily share mine if I knew where this option was.

go to someones overview page, click on emblem, select copy to gallery

once it's copied you can edit it however you want.

So just share your battlelog page and we can copy the emblem from you.

Now I'll just steal Ktulu's fedex emblem.

Thats very handy being able to do that,so who wants to give me an emblem please :o:D

• Advertisement

I made the batman logo and its spot on I have to say (many thanx switch). It took me 22 layers but I got it....only thing is, I think the more layers you use the smaller the emblem in game. My old "WTF Clan" shamrock in the Irish colours was 4 layers and looked huge on my gun and even bigger on the tanks etc.

Have to say the crashes are a real pain in the hole, it would not really bother me before as I had all the time in the world to play. But with the new "sniper" in the house I dont get much time and I was crashing all over the place last night. Really is piss poor.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

May be just a coincidence, but on the PS3 i reduced my resolution from 1080p to 720p and it stopped crashes. Played all yesterday evening and last night and not a single crash.

Not ideal having to change your settings but it may do until a patch or PS4.

Downloading the new Ati Beta drivers 13.11 listed as giving BF4 a 5% increase in performance and 10% for BF3 :rolleyes:

Not DL for performance, checking for stability. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Is anyone else finding mid range scopes quite difficult to use ? BF3 I always ran a 3.4/4x scope, but can't get used to them at all this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

game4it70 wrote: »
    Is it me or is the spawn system crap? The amount of times i've spawned and instant death is unbelievable :mad:

Must disagree here, when spawning on a player who is in a firefight there is a warning icon there so just avoid that spawn and go elsewhere. I actually think it is a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

mozattack wrote: »
    Must disagree here, when spawning on a player who is in a firefight there is a warning icon there so just avoid that spawn and go elsewhere. I actually think it is a lot better.

I have often spawned into a seemingly safe area on to die straight away. C on flooded comes to mind when it spawns on the bridge as apose to the petrol station.

Still tho loving it. Finally got the stinger with the engineer and no chopper is safe now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Spawning on squad mates is fine, but if you're playing a mode that lets you random spawn it's pretty bad, often drops you into insta death situations.

Hi, on the killcam the number of service stars which the killer has on each gun or in each class seems to be gone. Is this the case or is it that everyone who killed me didnt have any service stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hey guys,

Did any of you get the code for the double xp launch weekend?

Gamestop advertised it on their posters whilst they had them up that if you pre-ordered, you got access to the double xp on launch weekend.

I however never received one of these codes. My friends in the U.S got the code on their receipts but I don't think there's anything as such on my receipt as far as I can see.

Anyone here get it pre-ordered from gamestop?

PREMIUM EVENT
    2013-11-30
    Double XP for Premium members on November 30 and December 1!

Thats what shows up on battlelog but i didn't get any double xp that i noticed.
    Maybe that has something to do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

game4it70 wrote: »
    Thats what shows up on battlelog but i didn't get any double xp that i noticed.
    Maybe that has something to do with it?

Yeah that's the one for premium members at the end of the month but there was meant to be one this weekend just for people who entered the pre-order code.

"“Pre-order Battlefield 4 on Xbox 360, PS3 or PC at GameStop to gain access to the Exclusive Battlefield 4 Double XP launch weekend on 2nd - 3rd November 2013*”

The Double XP weekend will be open in the Ireland/UK from Midnight Friday 1st November until 8.00 AM Monday 4th November." taken from HERE on Gamestops website.

You needed to enter the code HERE to gain access to it, but I never received a code from Gamestop even though I had it pre-ordered :mad:

Some people were having errors with the double xp even after entering the code so they're having it again another, yet to be announced date. So I just want to know if ANY one received the code from Gamestop before I email them complaining :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi, on the killcam the number of service stars which the killer has on each gun or in each class seems to be gone. Is this the case or is it that everyone who killed me didnt have any service stars?

did you turn on network optimization by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Dunno what the name of the level is but its a snow based level with two paths around the outside and then the bomb spots are inside... But the weather affects ruin sniping on it. When you're not scoped it's grand but as soon as you scope its like someone is shining a torch in your eyes, its so frustrating!

For the record I seriously hate double XP... actually my most hated thing in Battlefield.

Completely ruins SPM stat.

Why not then have double kill stat so that every kill is doubled? Yes that is stupid idea and that is my point, double XP is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Anyone else trying to use their pistol as much as possible to get up to the likes of the 5-7? The P226 is my most used gun at 57 kills now(that's probably a low stat compared to others? lol). The sound of the 226 is great though. Got a great snap to it. Looking forward to hearing the 5-7. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

OMG Im an idiot. Ive played 50 hours already and I just realised today that when I installed the new drivers from Nvidia, just minutes BEFORE I installed BF4, it disabled my SLI. Ive been playing on one GTX580!

Had a few games today and just pure ****....finding it really hard to love this game compared to the others. The levels are very hit and miss and flood zone is a joke of a COD map.

Crashes are not helping either TBH. Guns handle well dodgy too the majority of the time and the colours in the levels make it very hard to differentiate anything friend or foe.

Did anyone check out the new Battlelog?

It is really cool in that it shows where players are located but wierdly I can only see 10 players in Waterford, Cork and Kilkenny combined... a mistake or is that all that play?

Ranking up is waaaaaaayyyyyyy too fast.

Rank 100 already:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/BoatManChief/stats/215233260/xbox360/

A normal player will be rank 100 at 100 hours.

Stupid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Had a few games today and just pure ****....finding it really hard to love this game compared to the others. The levels are very hit and miss and flood zone is a joke of a COD map.

Crashes are not helping either TBH. Guns handle well dodgy too the majority of the time and the colours in the levels make it very hard to differentiate anything friend or foe.

ok, are you sure you're talking about BF4?

Advertisement