Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC - April 14th

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

How are you guys finding GTA V so far? Is it worth getting? I've already had it for both PS3 and PS4. If greenmangaming code still works, I can get it for around €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Its a great game and they really did a good port for the PC, but I honestly couldn't justify buying the same game twice, let alone for a third time.

Your call

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

How are you guys finding GTA V so far? Is it worth getting? I've already had it for both PS3 and PS4. If greenmangaming code still works, I can get it for around €45.

I'm curious as to the overall view as well. From the sound of things it seems to be working very well with no major bugs.

/EDIT just to say as well, I'm a pure pc player so don't have it on any other format l.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

I tried a few times to play online. Keep getting kicked back to single player.

Welcome to GTA Online!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wouldn't bother getting it again. I had it on Xbox 360 but had never played online, so got it again on PC. It ain't that great online, I keep getting kicked back to single player. I played some missions in single player but I don't think I will bother playing the whole thing again. About getting kicked back to single player, I was trying at evening time on a Friday and Saturday night so they would be classed as busy times. I did play it in the early hours 1am to 3am of a week night and had no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I was thinking of getting it just cos all of my friends are playing it constantly on PC :P will see if it lasts for the next few weeks and decide then. Also want to wait for mods to come out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was thinking of getting it just cos all of my friends are playing it constantly on PC :P will see if it lasts for the next few weeks and decide then. Also want to wait for mods to come out

I was actually playing it after I wrote that last post till now and it is actually quite fun believe it or not(when it works) I was still thinking when I wrote that post of earlier in the night when I couldn't get online.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The night time rain in the city are the best graphics I've ever seen in any game. Holy crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

After an initially lukewarm response from me, I've warmed to it more once I go to the Trevor missions....

But it still strikes me that there's a weird mix of excellent attention to detail and polish, combined with extremely rough edges. This is the same game that has utter trash aircraft and helicopter controls, yet has touches such as the rumble strips on the median and hard shoulders actually working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

The night time rain in the city are the best graphics I've ever seen in any game. Holy crap.

I was thinking the same, incredible, I seen it for the first time last night in the mission where Trevor burns the caravans and goes to Los Santos.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Annoying bug just now, when back and forth between mouse&keyboard for normal play and shooting to gamepad for driving controls on both are messed up,were fine yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

So, I'm slightly behind all you folks, but have eventually got it and am pleasantly surprised at how smooth it runs on my 2011 system, and that is without having to overclock CPU or GPU. I had read that 1GB cards are limited in resolution, but saw that you can overrule that rule. Currently on 1600x900 with most setting on high. The benchmark states I am getting a solid 30 FPS, but gameplay is perfectly smooth. Happy days.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

delly wrote: »
    So, I'm slightly behind all you folks, but have eventually got it and am pleasantly surprised at how smooth it runs on my 2011 system, and that is without having to overclock CPU or GPU. I had read that 1GB cards are limited in resolution, but saw that you can overrule that rule. Currently on 1600x900 with most setting on high. The benchmark states I am getting a solid 30 FPS, but gameplay is perfectly smooth. Happy days.

Really? I've found that if the game drops below 60FPS it gets very jerky. This isn't some 60FPS master race bullshít either. Even in the 50s it looks very jumpy and weird. I've played other games at around 30FPS that look smoother than this at 59FPS. I assumed that's just the way the game was and accepted it but I guess not. Must figure out what's causing it.

Really? I've found that if the game drops below 60FPS it gets very jerky. This isn't some 60FPS master race bullshít either. Even in the 50s it looks very jumpy and weird. I've played other games at around 30FPS that look smoother than this at 59FPS. I assumed that's just the way the game was and accepted it but I guess not. Must figure out what's causing it.
    Yeah, smooth as melted butter tbh. I'm not big into monitoring fps, but only commented due to the inbuilt indicator during the benchmarking. It stuck at 30 and would dip to 27/28 as the scene switched, then back to 30, but never higher. Googling found the below link, interesting in that my screen is also set to 60 hz

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/solved-how-to-cap-gta-v-at-30fps.211870/

Advertisement