Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC - April 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Where did everyone buy a key for this? Currently considering buying my third copy of GTA V

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

game looks good, cant wait to get a new graphics card and wait a year to let it go down to a 10er on steam

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There aren't many options in graphics. I have everything that I can turn on, bar MSAA, turned on. A few things are greyed out.

It's not quite as adjustable as I thought it was going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pacifico wrote: »
    Cheapest place to get a Steam compatible key?
    Last I looked, Steam itself. All cheap keys were for Rockstar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

So disappointed with this.

I activated my GTA V CD key that I got from Steam on my old Social Club account.

I didn't see even a hint to say that when I was activating the game I was in the old account :mad:

Also, the launcher doesn't start for me unless I disable my GPU in Device Manager, start the launcher, re-enable the GPU before GTA launches :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Doing a bit of SP to get used to 1st person. Shooting feels cheap, poor AI dont stand a chance vs mouse and KB :D

It's been the same for all the other 3d GTA's I want to use mouse and kb to play but it makes it into easy mode. Just headshot after headshot.

Saw this when I updated Steam;
    13 April
    Dear Steam Customer,

We recently learned of an issue that can impact players attempting to install Grand Theft Auto V on Windows PCs. For those experiencing this issue, you have three options available to you at this time.

First, Rockstar Games intends to have a fix for this issue soon.

Second, customers can try the manual work around detailed below.

Third, if neither of the above works for you, the self-refund tool will continue to be available until the official fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Please see below for more information from Rockstar Games, including details on the manual workaround.

The Steam Team

We have identified an issue where players with Windows usernames that include characters not found in the table at the bottom of this page will likely run into difficulties when attempting to download, install, or play GTAV. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.

If you do not want to wait for a fix, you need to create a new Administrator User Account for your Windows system that only includes letters A to Z, a to z or numbers 0-9 from the basic roman alphabet. For a full list of supported characters, see the table at the bottom of this page. Please note that simply renaming your current User Account will not correct this issue. To create the account, follow these instructions from the Microsoft website:

Windows 8/8.1:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8
    Windows 7:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-7
    Windows Vista:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-vista
    We will update this support article with any new information as soon as we have it, including expected timing of a fix and whether you will be able to transfer progress on the newly-created Windows username over to your original Windows user account.

If you would like to receive an automatic update via email when there is more information about a fix, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Supported Characters At Launch for Windows Usernames for GTAV PC

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
    a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Rather bizarre. Seems the install program doesn't like you having weird Windows usernames?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Left this downloading all night only to find when I try to start it nothing happens.......

It was a Rockstar key that I got. Anyone manage to get this working?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Balls.

I've got 2 X 1GB 6950's in Crossfire. To run the game on minimum settings in 1080p I need more than the 2048 MB available :(

Guess I won't be trying the Eyefinity setup tonight :) The video card I was waiting to buy urgently just became even more urgent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Shiminay wrote: »
    Balls.

I've got 2 X 1GB 6950's in Crossfire. To run the game on minimum settings in 1080p I need more than the 2048 MB available :(

Guess I won't be trying the Eyefinity setup tonight :) The video card I was waiting to buy urgently just became even more urgent!

Would that not give you only 1024 MB as both are only 1GB or is it only nvidia's that only give you the amount one card has?

Shiminay wrote: »
    You try the "AMD Catalyst 15.4 Beta Driver" that has
    New Crossfire Profiles for:
    • Grand Theft Auto V
    as I'm guessing it could fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Seems the iFruit mobile app doesn't offer the option for pc profiles yet. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Dire speeds from Rockstar, and with constant disconnects every minute or so. Tried to set up an autoclicking program to reconnect every few minutes but none of them seem to work within the Social Club window, great..

Off to a great start.
    VIxJKqx.png

Damn you PC gamers killing me with mouse. Me running around with xbox one pad, hard to aim when both me and opponent are moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Damn you PC gamers killing me with mouse. Me running around with xbox one pad, hard to aim when both me and opponent are moving.

There are apparently servers you can play with controller players only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Dire speeds from Rockstar, and with constant disconnects every minute or so. Tried to set up an autoclicking program to reconnect every few minutes but none of them seem to work within the Social Club window, great..

Off to a great start.
    VIxJKqx.png

Mine seems to be working so much better than others. I was getting up to 15mbps earlier. I'm now at 56Gb and only starting to get disconnections. But once I pause and reconnect, I go up to about 20mb then it crawls back down to about 200kbps - 500 kbps. Then disconnects. But again, that had only been happening now. Maybe a lot of people are starting to download today after getting their copies from shop reservations like I did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I remember as a kid my friends always thought they could aim better with controllers than people could with keys and mouse. Jokers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

New AMD Driver definitely made things smoother for sure, still can't get full screen in 1080 (tried it by ignoring the safety measures - wouldn't show the phone or radar in the hud despite them being definitely being enabled in the HUD).

Well reached level 5 so was able to buy a nice apartment. Cool views from it. Hired a mechanic for $50 a day, also bought a race car with race car graphics, may get it resprayed or maybe not, don't know for sure yet. Before I bought the car I went for a drive to the rich neighborhood in the hills and saw a nice car parked so robbed it but was not allowed to park it in my garage as it had a tracker so i bought the race car.

Impressions of GTA online are ok. Get disconnected from a few games as well, so don't know what happened there but I also went to a real FPS Battlefield 4, straight after GTA and Battlefiled plays so much better, move more free, better aim etc...

GTA is still good though, just a different game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Spent nearly 5 hours installing. Got about 3 in to play. No must go to bed for work tomo.
    I should get a few more hours in tomo. :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Had a good session last night, first in a road war against a randomer, and then with kdjacl and one of the other lads.

Started off picking a fight with some random guy, by shooting out his tires. He didn't like that, and came after me for the next 30 minutes or so. Was pretty back and forth, till he challenged me to a 1v1 deathmatch...won it with an assault rifle to the face while he tried to knock me down. He was a good sport though :)

Did the first heist, and it went pretty well. Definitely seems like more fun for the driver/intimidator. Driving the armoured card was definitely fun, and the helicopter pickup was great. Did a few other random games as well, resulting in some hilarious moment. Getting the hang of the FPS driving now, and it's a joy to shoot in that mode.

Looking forward to giving it another go tonight or tomorrow.

Kiith wrote: »
    Getting the hang of the FPS driving now, and it's a joy to shoot in that mode.
    Can't drive for sh|t with 1st person view! Didn't try shooting in 1st person yet.

Finding the pistol is sniper rifle accurate for headshots!

Also finding it slightly "lags", and/or is not smooth when running off the HDD. Hope to put it on the SSD before the weekend.

Driving it tough, and I've been wrecked a few times by cars/trucks from the side. When you pull off some good driving, it feels pretty amazing. Get rid of your roll cage though, or you can't see **** behind you.

Shooting in first person is a must for me, though i need to get used to switching between the joypad and m/kb when entering/exiting vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

If any you guys are interested, GTA Online is on 1.24 so any of the old PS and Xbox glitches for money making/duping, will work on it if you try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm not to impressed with the 1st person view. I don't like the way the gun is off to the side when you're aiming, or am I missing some additional step to get into iron sights view? I'm finding it easier to shot in 3rd person because at least the aiming dot doesn't disappear.

Off to a great start.
    VIxJKqx.png
    Strange that it was so much better in the preload phase. The speed used to drop for me too and I found if I restarted it would pick up for a while and go down again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So previous GTA games never kept my attention for more than a couple of days, what makes this any different guys? I admit to knowing very little about it.
    Live streams are only playing the story mode which doesnt interest me much, whats the online content like?

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm not to impressed with the 1st person view. I don't like the way the gun is off to the side when you're aiming, or am I missing some additional step to get into iron sights view? I'm finding it easier to shot in 3rd person because at least the aiming dot doesn't disappear.

If you press V (or whateter you have bound to change view) while holding right mouse, it will toggle iron sights. Much better aiming that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Kiith wrote: »
    If you press V (or whateter you have bound to change view) while holding right mouse, it will toggle iron sights. Much better aiming that way.

Did not know this. Good man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

After you press Right mouse, move the mouse wheel forwards :)

Took me a while to cop that, especially as i had a scope on my AK and was wondering how useless it was until i middle moused forward :)

Advertisement