Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC - April 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

that happened me as well

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Kiith wrote: »
    "And then, after that 50mb update, we'll throw about 300mb update on them. Hah, they won't expect that!!"

It would be fine if it was downloading at more that 150kb a second. Ugh :mad:

Steam? I have just been waiting for a few minutes to "unpack"

gtawait.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No, this is the Rockstar downloader. Your files are being decrypted now, and you'll have a few updates afterwards. A 50mb and 350mb update, which currently is currently running at 40kb a sec. 1hr and 20mins to wait apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Loving this...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I cannot even get to the 350mb update, I get errors at the end of the 50mb one twice now hopefully third times the charm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Had 27GB free earlier this evening. Steam gave me an error message just now saying I had 1.74MB (yes - megabytes) hard drive space free. Immediately deleted the only other game I had on my drive

I think a lot of PC gamers look like the Nicholas Cage in your avatar right about now

Hit Pause and Resume if your download goes to a crawl. Did it three times and it's now just about ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lomix

Oh lads, I'd love this game, waited for it soooo long, but I'm afraid my PC can't handle it :(:( </3 Got no money atm for an upgrade aswell :(

Any1 wanna help me out and say, WHEN I get the money, what to upgrade ? :)

Currently got Intel i3 3.3GHz, AMD Radeon HD 6770 GPU, 8GB RAM...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Just got a disk write error and had to pull another game off my HDD.

This is a bit like having a lovely dinner cooked for you and then the plate getting pulled away as you're about to tuck in. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hit Pause and Resume if your download goes to a crawl. Did it three times and it's now just about ready to go.

It stopped working for me when I hit 300MB downloaded. Now I am back to 50kb/s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

looks like you need 130gb free space.
    65gb for the installer and 65gb (or more) for it to unpack into :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

marcbrophy wrote: »

Yes and it's taking about an hour to unpack.

Got it to around 95% with the Pause/Resume trick, but it's stopped completely now. Connection to server lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,969 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Worse launch ever

Got it to around 95% with the Pause/Resume trick, but it's stopped completely now. Connection to server lost.

I am 340MB in, so around the same place. Connection is still going, but real slow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Just configuring graphics settings now

Headshot wrote: »
    Worse launch ever

You obviously didn't play Simcity.... That launch was such a joke EA gave me Battlefield for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Had 27GB free earlier this evening. Steam gave me an error message just now saying I had 1.74MB (yes - megabytes) hard drive space free. Immediately deleted the only other game I had on my drive

Yeah be careful if you are installing on an SSD. The game creates a depotcache folder in steamapps that will be 60g big AND keeps the files in the downloading folder also until the game is fully unpacked and playable.

Wow I have 1GB to spare (talk about cutting it close), this is ridiculous

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Yes and it's taking about an hour to unpack.

sickened :(

OMG downloaded it all, then it said some sort of connection had failed and now I have to download it all again.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Wow I have 1GB to spare (talk about cutting it close), this is ridiculous

You'll get the space back when it's finished though :pac:

You'll get the space back when it's finished though :pac:

Thats a relief, watching a few live streams on twitch and people are deleting files off their hard drives like theres no tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Big Knox wrote: »
    The game creates a depotcache folder in steamapps that will be 60g big AND keeps the files in the downloading folder also until the game is fully unpacked and playable.
    That seems to be what the game is doing now to me on my Hard Disk. Despite downloading all 60 gigs I've still had to delete several games including the 27GB World of Warcraft (which was just a trial anyway). Refreshing My Computer now and the space is getting drained like crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I feel like burning down Rockstar, (posted this in another forum)

My count down update went from 22minutes, then after a while I got , 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, ready to play......then.....55 minutes

ah well, will get there eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

On the brightside only Ktulu nd jumbo are playing on my steam list :)
    Would annoy if more were :P

errlloyd wrote: »
    OMG downloaded it all, then it said some sort of connection had failed and now I have to download it all again.

Same here. Probably the Pause/Restart thing to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Lads just remember, games that are going to generate this much traffic on launch never ever do well on release. I wouldn't get your hopes up to play online tonight and I would wager the next few days will be rough going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,969 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im not pushed about online. I just what to get the single player going

Advertisement